KCCC on Kinky Hair ?

Cherokee-n-Black

Hi All, first let me say I am in love with this forum--you ladies are the bestest. Scondly, I was out with my visiting Canadian cousin who has a long 4-type natural and she was complaining about the lack of natural hair styling products in CA. So I took her shopping and she picked up 3 different products: KCCC, a small jar of Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding, and Hair Rules for Kinky hair. I don't really know the true curl pattern of her hair because whenever I see it, it's normally flat-ironed, but she assures me she does not have "mixed-type" hair. I just remembered today that among the people who demo'd the KCCC on kinkier hair, most of them used the Knot Today detangler. Is this an essential part of the KCCC process? She doesn't go back til Tuesday, so if you think I should pick this up for her too, let me know! Any insight on the other products would be good, too. I hope they work out for her!

I've used the KCCC without the Knot Today, and it worked fine for me. I prefer it that way. I'm not sure why, but my hair doesn't really like the Knot Today at all!

I've used the KCCC without the Knot Today, and it worked fine for me. I prefer it that way. I'm not sure why, but my hair doesn't really like the Knot Today at all!

My hair does NOT like the Knot Today either. I was really hoping I'd like it because I read on nc.com about how it melts away tangles but it makes my hair kinda dry.

The KCCC works equally well on my hair with or without it.

I didn't like the knot today either- weighed my hair down too much & I use coconut oil on my wet hair so that melts away my tangles.

Back