KCCC in Atlanta?

Hairsoaper

Does anyone know where I can purchase KCCC aka Kinky Curly Curling Pudding in Atlanta? Also, what is a good conditioner to use under the KCCC for 4a/4b type hair for a wash and go? I'm trying this out for the first time and scared about what results I'll get but I've heard good things on the forum about KCCC. Any advice would be great; pictures would be wonderful! Is it okay to leave any conditioner in without rinsing it out, or should I only use a leave-in conditioner? I plan to purchase a Denman brush at Sally's and just shampoo, condition, leave some in, and apply the KCCC. I hope I'm planning this right.... Thanks!

mocabella

I've never used KCC, but you can purchase it at Whole Foods.

I'm looking forward to responses re: leaving in regular conditioner. Are there any downsides to doing so? I find that conditioner defines my curls and leaves them soft.

Rain20

There a bunch of you tube tutorials on different ways to apply KCCC. Consensus is a little goes a long way. If you use too much your hair will be crunchy. You also need a leave in or conditioner underneath for moisture.

A lot of ladies use conditioner as their leave in without any problems. Biracialhair.com is a website that discusses leaving conditioners in hair. One of the members here does a tutorial using VO5 extra body conditioner as her leave in. More people will chime in later.

Last edited:

classychic1908

I find that my AO white Camelia plus some castor oil works well under KCCC. I use my fingers to smooth and rake the KCCC in my hair in small sections.

Hairsoaper

So update....I got the KCCC at Whole Foods (thanks mocabella) and I looked at the youtube videos (thanks Rain20)...mainly the ones posted by Str8isis. At first, I was like "oh, no...just as I thought, this isn't going to work for me" and I proceeded to two-strand twist my hair which was my backup plan. BUT, I decided to give it one more try, and this time used more water, and VIOLA! It actually DOES do what everyone claims it does...defines your curls. The key seems to be to literally have the hair soaking wet, like Str8isis suggests in the video. In her video, she's actually using it in the shower with dripping wet hair, but I used it from the sink and was trying not to wet the floor up too much, but I think the key is to saturate the hair with water. Now the only problem is my hair is still VERY dry, and that's after using a diffuser for several minutes several times (I started this project earlier in the day and have been stopping to do stuff in between). I'm just hoping it's dry enough that I don't have to go to bed with a wet head or wake up in the morning for work with a frizzy afro ball. I don't have a hood dryer to sit under. Anyway, we'll see. So far, I'm happy with the results! Next time I would probably try this on a Friday, in the shower, and allow plenty of time for drying.

Stormy

Oh! If you ever need to purchase it again try Urbanella. They're in Buckhead on Wieuca road and they give great consultations too! I called them once and spoke to one of their team members (forgot her name) about how it would work on my 4B hair. She had some other good suggestions too.

Hairsoaper

On second thought, I don't think I like it afterall. Now I'm starting to think I look like Bozo the clown. The more it dries, the bigger it gets, and the curls/waves are starting to fade. It may be partly my fault because I started aggressively trying to dry it with my diffuser because I don't want to go to bed with wet hair. CurleeDST your hair in your sig is beautiful by the way.

Hairsoaper

Oh! If you ever need to purchase it again try Urbanella. They're in Buckhead on Wieuca road and they give great consultations too! I called them once and spoke to one of their team members (forgot her name) about how it would work on my 4B hair. She had some other good suggestions too.

I think that's a good idea because I obviously don't know what I'm doing. Too bad I decided to do it on a Sunday night. Temporary lapse in judgement. :ohwell: