KEEPING 4B HAIR STRAIGHT AFTER BLOWDRYING

Nanyanika

I posted a few weeks ago and asked a question how to do a successful blow-out and keep the roots straight but i didn't receive much response. Last night, i had my niece blow dry my roots using a denman 4 after conditioning. I used keracare silken seal to protect the hair, after 24 hours my hair has completely reverted. how can i keep it straight for much longer next time? thanks in advance.

a took a pic of a small section of my dry roots to show what has happened

picture016-1-vi.jpg

picture014-vi.jpg

did you try maybe flat ironing the roots in addition to blowing them out?

Also, I am not sure if this would work, but what about maybe wrapping the hair up at night or otherwise tying it down in a way that would keep the hair flat whiel you sleep?

PittGirl06 said:
did you try maybe flat ironing the roots in addition to blowing them out?

Also, I am not sure if this would work, but what about maybe wrapping the hair up at night or otherwise tying it down in a way that would keep the hair flat whiel you sleep?
No we didn't flat iron the roots, i'd have to try wrapping it next time.

I think the wrapping is what would help keep the hair straight. When I got a Dominican blow out I tried to keep it as straight as possible by wrapping every night. It did revert some by the end of the week but not that much.

NYCQT16 said:
I think the wrapping is what would help keep the hair straight. When I got a Dominican blow out I tried to keep it as straight as possible by wrapping every night. It did revert some by the end of the week but not that much.
How do you wrap the hair? i've never tried this method before

I agree that wrapping it every night will help. When I get my DBOs I wrap it every night and it stays straight until I wash. Another product I use when I blow myself is the Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum... it helps a great deal. I also flat iron my roots for greatest results and it stays for a week until washing. My home method is not as straight as the DBO, but it keeps me going until I go back to the salon.

Good luck!

FAMUDva said:
I agree that wrapping it every night will help. When I get my DBOs I wrap it every night and it stays straight until I wash. Another product I use when I blow myself is the Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum... it helps a great deal. I also flat iron my roots for greatest results and it stays for a week until washing. My home method is not as straight as the DBO, but it keeps me going until I go back to the salon.

Good luck!
Thanks for all your help everyone, i'll try flat-ironing the new growth after blowdrying then, wrap hair nightly.

den1 said:
How do you wrap the hair? i've never tried this method before

I am going to try to explain this as best I can but this is one of those things I think is better explained by actually seeing

Basically, you are wrapping your hair around your head in a bowl like fashion. Some people put rollers on the hair that is sticking out in the crown and others find a way to swirl it in with the wrap. It is also called a doobie by some (that might help you to envision it)

Can anyone else explain better than me???????Please???

NYCQT16 said:
I am going to try to explain this as best I can but this is one of those things I think is better explained by actually seeing

Basically, you are wrapping your hair around your head in a bowl like fashion. Some people put rollers on the hair that is sticking out in the crown and others find a way to swirl it in with the wrap. It is also called a doobie by some (that might help you to envision it)

Can anyone else explain better than me???????Please???
Thanks, for the explanation!!!

Also another method I use is to leave hair down in style I want, tie Satin Scarf on with hair hanging out back, put on satin bonnet. Next day wake up and go. Hair/roots is flat and smooth

In addition to the great wrapping tips everyone's provided, just keep in mind your using your own head like one large roller, and you want the outcome to be just as smooth as you would want a lock of hair on an actual roller ;)

Hey Den,

If you're anything like me... (and you sweat in your sleep no matter what), wrapping your hair at night might not be a good idea. It will make your scalp even more moist. My suggestion is just to have a silk pillow and not wrap it, and maybe try to keep the room as cool as possible without getting sick.

LikeNoOther said:
In addition to the great wrapping tips everyone's provided, just keep in mind your using your own head like one large roller, and you want the outcome to be just as smooth as you would want a lock of hair on an actual roller ;)
Thanks very interesting and comprehensive way of explaining the concept of wrapping.

Eiano said:
Hey Den,

If you're anything like me... (and you sweat in your sleep no matter what), wrapping your hair at night might not be a good idea. It will make your scalp even more moist. My suggestion is just to have a silk pillow and not wrap it, and maybe try to keep the room as cool as possible without getting sick.
Yes, i defintely sweat in my sleep, its probably the cause of the reversion, i have a silk scarf that i wear at nights so i'll just wear that instead.

Back