Why is blowing drying the roots done after a rollerset?

kally

Help my understand rollersetting and blow drying roots....

I have been reading on how one can blow dry the roots after a rollerset

What I don't understand is why this is done ? Is not the purpose of the rollerset to get the hair straight without heat? Or does this only straighten the hair and not the roots.

krissynick

well in my case im relaxed and as my hair grows my natually curly hairs grows up from the roots while the rest of my hair remains straight.. you blow dry the roots to straigthened the curly hairs so it can blend it with the rest of you hair....

far as damage and no direct heat is concerned.. i dont think its bad i just do it once a week. and also im only blowing the roots not the entire head

and yes... rollersetting does straighten hair to a certain extent... but it would not straightened Some natural hair bone straight ... you need some type of heat.

Last edited:

mzhotniz86

it depends on who's doing it. the only people i have had blow dry my roots is at the dominican salon. and they do it cause they want your hair to have volume when they take the rollers out. usually its done if you have lots of newgrowth. but other salons just rollerset until all of its dry, and flat iron the roots if they are still too curly

freshlikemoi

I do it because it takes out the lines, and adds body. But more importantly, if I am 8 weeks, post I want the sleek shine that the rest of my hair has.

kally

it gives the roots a lil lift... but let me asking u something have u even gotten a rollerset done before?

I have tried it and my hair came out a big puffy mess. it did not have that silky shiny swing that others seem to acheive.

I guess it works better on relaxed hair then natural

krissynick

I have tried it and my hair came out a big puffy mess. it did not have that silky shiny swing that others seem to acheive.

I guess it works better on relaxed hair then natural

ok i see.. i didnt know your hair was natual.. do you have any fotki pics

kally

ok i see.. i didnt know your hair was natual.. do you have any fotki pics

No I don't have any pics. My digital camara broke and I am waiting on my refund to get a new one. I should have posted them sooner, but to lazy to do so.

Dec 06 I had shaved my head due to bad relaxer, my hair is about 5 1/2 inchs now.