Kenra Users- I need help w/ my protein choice!

kandegirl

:look:Hello Ladies,

I've been using Kenra for almost a year and it really moisturizes my hair. Only problem is that its making it too soft when wet. And lately I've been doing a protein treatment every wash to help ( Duo Tex or Aphrogee 2 min) with the softness but that isn't working. I'm going to try the hard core Aphrogee to see if that helps and I got some Porosity Control Too to try and help. So my question is ladies what do you suggest, I start trying as my weekly protein to help balance my 4a/b hair out.
I have in my cabinets (somewhere), I can't decide which to use weekly:

Le Kair Cholestorol
ORS Hair Mayonaisse
Aphrogee 2 min
Duo Tex
Aubrey's GPB (didn't spell that right)

Or please recommend something not on my list.

prettywhitty

Aubrey's GBP and ORS hair mayonaise are both good products. You can do those weekly and then do the hard core Aphoghee every 2 months. You can also mix the 2 min Aphoghee with your conditioner. I just started using Kenra and I have been mising 2 min Aphoghee with my conditioner, using ION reconstructor after shampoos and using the hard core Aphoghee before relaxers. Hope that helps some.

Artemis

Have you ever thought a/b pre-pooing w/the ORS? Macherieamor, Kinikakes, and others do this and their heads of hair are super healthy and strong...

ETA: Just re-read your list, and all of those are pretty good :yep:

Last edited:

kandegirl

Thanks I forgot about ION products. I currently use the hardcore every six weeks so I'll see does that help and then try Aubrey's again. And then I still may mix the 2 min Aphogee w/ my conditioner.

Aubrey's GBP and ORS hair mayonaise are both good products. You can do those weekly and then do the hard core Aphoghee every 2 months. You can also mix the 2 min Aphoghee with your conditioner. I just started using Kenra and I have been mising 2 min Aphoghee with my conditioner, using ION reconstructor after shampoos and using the hard core Aphoghee before relaxers. Hope that helps some.

LovelyLionessa

:look:Hello Ladies,

I've been using Kenra for almost a year and it really moisturizes my hair. Only problem is that its making it too soft when wet. And lately I've been doing a protein treatment every wash to help ( Duo Tex or Aphrogee 2 min) with the softness but that isn't working. I'm going to try the hard core Aphrogee to see if that helps and I got some Porosity Control Too to try and help. So my question is ladies what do you suggest, I start trying as my weekly protein to help balance my 4a/b hair out.
I have in my cabinets (somewhere), I can't decide which to use weekly:

Le Kair Cholestorol
ORS Hair Mayonaisse
Aphrogee 2 min
Duo Tex
Aubrey's GPB (didn't spell that right)

Or please recommend something not on my list.

Those are all great sources of protein, although I have never tried the Duo Tex personally. Just out of curiosity Kandegirl, how often have you been using your Kenra MC? I just purchased this and haven't used it yet, I don't want to OD on moisture though just as a precaution.

Sistaslick

Kenra's Shea Butter Reconstructor is pretty good for adding a protein punch in there. Kenra doesn't really seem to have a strong protein product other than that recontructor. If that doesn't do it, then I reach for my Aphogees. Other than Aphogee and my ORS moisturizer, I use Kenra exclusively.

The line does tend to take you a little too far over on the moisture side, but my hair tends to need that. I never need much protein though so when I do, the shea butter reconstructor works well for me. I always recommend Kenra for folks trying to bounce back from protein overload because it isn't a line that is really big on heavy protein conditioning. You definitely should have something else for protein conditioning on the side if you're using Kenra.

LovelyLionessa

Kenra's Shea Butter Reconstructor is pretty good for adding a protein punch in there. Kenra doesn't really seem to have a strong protein product other than that recontructor. If that doesn't do it, then I reach for my Aphogees. Other than Aphogee and my ORS moisturizer, I use Kenra exclusively.

The line does tend to take you a little too far over on the moisture side, but my hair tends to need that. I never need much protein though so when I do, the shea butter reconstructor works well for me. I always recommend Kenra for folks trying to bounce back from protein overload because it isn't a line that is really big on heavy protein conditioning. You definitely should have something else for protein conditioning on the side if you're using Kenra.

That Shea Butter Reconstructor sounds heavenly!! I used some of the MC on my ends yesterday and it felt sooooo good. I can't wait to use it as a rinse out too. Who knows, maybe I'll become a Kenra girl too. :grin:

Andreainnis

I second the Kenra shea butter reconstructor suggestion! And most definitely the ORS mayo pre-poo or Aphogee (the one you apply and let get hard under the dryer then rinse) every six weeks if that doesn't work. I alternate between the Kenra line and the Joico line and moisture and protein balance out perfectly.