PROTEIN IS MY FRIEND

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patricia

A NEW CHALLENGE. How about it ladies! Have you discovered lately that you need a weekly dose of protein added to your regimine lately. Then "Protein is your freind". As most of you know My hair has suffered dearly listening to the moisturize, moisturize, moisturize...and stay away from protein. :wallbash: I now have incorporated protein as a weekly staple. :yep: Lets join forces and grow our hair LONG AND STRONG using protein! We all know too much of anything is not good so lets help and support each other especially the newbies out their that don't have a clue.
NEWBIES:TAKE BABY STEPS AND BALANCE EVERYTHING.

I NEVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER........ STARTED A CHALLENGE BEFORE. Heck I've been too depressed and down in the dumps to even join challenges. This is indeed a new beginning.
The rules will be simple
Stop in weekly after you SHAMPOO AND DC and share

WHAT TYPE OF PROTEIN YOU USE?
HOW YOUR HAIR FEEL ON A SCALE FROM 1-10?
WHAT CHANGES CAN BE MADE TO ACHIEVE A 10?

This challenge will be focused on optimum health of your hair.
We have the most kind, beautiful, helpful ladies on this board so everyone feel free to take over and help each other.
WE CAN ALL GROW OUR HAIR LONG AND STRONG BECAUSE
"PROTEIN IS MY FRIEND"2009:yep:
YOU IN?

SHAMPOO WITH PROTEIN

AO GPB Balancing shampoo
Aphoghee
Botanoil
Diametress
FAST (Fortified Amino Scalp Therapy)
Mastey Restore Shampoo
Nioxin

CONDITIONERS WITH PROTEIN
I'll add more when you post. thanks

Affirm 5in1
Aphogee 2 min reconstructor
Aphogee 2 step treatment for damaged hair
Aubrey organics GPB
Biolage
Dudleys DRC 28
Elucence
Joico K-Pak Reconstructor
Joico K-Pak Liquid Reconstructor (leave in)
MegaTek
Motions CPR
Nexxus Emergencee
Nexxus Keraphix
ORS Mayo (mild)
ORS Replenishing Pack (mild and moisturizing)
Protein Silicone Mix
Sebastian's Cellophanes
Sebastian 2+1
Tigi Ego Boost
Ultra Sheen Duo Tex

CHALLENGERS

ATLANTAJJ
PEAR
DILIGENCE
MIZZDEBBI
SQZBLY1908
JMOE
JDANDBEYOND
AYOUNG
AGGIE
CHEBABY
HONEYB
SOULIE
SUMMERGIRL08
AJA1121
GOLDEN75
GIRLYPRINCESS23
MUSE
DAEPHAE
MARBEL
WESTERNEYES
MOREHAIRPLEASE
SWEETMARSHCRYSTAL
LADYCAGE
HIGHLYFAVORED8
INDIANANGEL22
BLACKPEARL81
MS.LYONS
GISSELLR78
SUGARHONEYICETEA
BEYONDBLESSED
CHARMTREESE
SUPERMODELSONYA
TERRIGOOD
SHANTWHITE
DIVINEMPRESS
TGROWE
SHAY72
DOLCETTO
JREAGINS
QUE
PEPPERS01
CHANGEDLIFE
STEPIPHANIE
TAZ007
LOVESHARMONY
SONIA1965
LENNET93
FOBAKER
NEEMO
NICHOLE2008
NOVEMBERWIND
JERSEYGURL
COURTROCBABY
JOYANDFAITH
KERAKRAZY
DARLINGDIVA
FIRST2GRACE
MIS007
CHAMELEONCHICK
CHEROKIA-ROSE
PLATINUM
MORENITA
HONEYA
TRINISTARR
PUREEBONY
NYCUTIEPIE
DIGITALMUSE66
RUNRUNRUNNER
PROSEPRINCESS
BBDGIRL
VONNIELUVS08
YODIE
KELLUM
KEYSHA1983
IDARET'SHAIR
TASHIMA
MKD
PANAMONI

NEWBIES YOU MIGHT WANT TO READ HOW THIS WAS INSPIRED
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=322831&highlight=

Last edited:

PGirl

WHAT TYPE OF PROTEIN YOU USE? Nexxus Emergencee
HOW YOUR HAIR FEEL ON A SCALE FROM 1-10? 10
WHAT CHANGES CAN BE MADE TO ACHIEVE A 10? It worked great

I just finished drying. I used the protein on clean damp hair, no cap, just heat for 10 minutes and it got hard. Then I DC'd (w heat) and used Biolage Ultra Conditioning Balm after that and then rollerset. My hair is in HEAVEN. Thanks for waking us up to protein. My relaxed hair needs it frequently.

ps. I'm glad you aren't depressed anymore. You hair looks beautiful!!!

AtlantaJJ

I'm in!! I have JOICO KPack, and and an array of other protein reconstructors, Biolage, Sebastian 2+1, Elucence, etc.

This fine hair natural needs protein to retain her length.

I'm going to start by doing a KPack 17 minute miracle treatment this weekend.

Great challenge!

pear

Somehow I knew I would see you here AtlantaJJ :grin:

I want in on this one! I am currently testing out several protein-based Joico products so we will see how it goes. I am going to start with the Joico Liquid Reconstructor this weekend.

Patricia

WHAT TYPE OF PROTEIN YOU USE? Nexxus Emergencee
HOW YOUR HAIR FEEL ON A SCALE FROM 1-10? 10
WHAT CHANGES CAN BE MADE TO ACHIEVE A 10? It worked great

I just finished drying. I used the protein on clean damp hair, no cap, just heat for 10 minutes and it got hard. Then I DC'd (w heat) and used Biolage Ultra Conditioning Balm after that and then rollerset. My hair is in HEAVEN. Thanks for waking us up to protein. My relaxed hair needs it frequently.

ps. I'm glad you aren't depressed anymore. You hair looks beautiful!!!
:grouphug3:A BIG HUG TO YOU. SO IS IT SAFE TO SAY YOU IN?

Patricia

I'm in!! I have JOICO KPack, and and an array of other protein reconstructors, Biolage, Sebastian 2+1, Elucence, etc.

This fine hair natural needs protein to retain her length.

I'm going to start by doing a KPack 17 minute miracle treatment this weekend.

Great challenge!
OH WOW THAT SOOOOO COOL. YOU CAN LET US KNOW HOW THOSE PRODUCTS WORKS. YES:bouncy: I ONLY TRIED THE JOICO KPAK AND ITS THE SALLYS VERSION. SO EXCITED. LET US KNOW!

Patricia

I want in on this one! I am currently testing out several protein-based Joico products so we will see how it goes. I am going to start with the Joico Liquid Reconstructor this weekend.
I'M DROOLING. WANT TO TRY THAT ONE. I GUESS I NEED TO LIST ALL THE CHALLENGERS. THANKS

diligence

Oh, I'm definitely in this one! I realize that my hair has been starving for protein for years! I'll be using Aphogee 2 min reconstructer (I would rate this one a 6...it makes my hair feel stronger, but not strong enough), and will step it up to Nexxus Emergencee or Dudley's DRC...I need a stronger dose! (I think, we'll see:rolleyes:)...glad you started this challenge, thanks Patricia!

Amerie123

i'm glad you posted this. Because I had my first (very small) set back listening to the "moisture, moisture, moisture". and i've learned early in my hair journey that protein is definitely my friend. Not to mention, i think I like Nexxus Emergencee better than the aphogee two step. That thing made my hair feel ..... GREAT!!!!!! I love the way it applies better and everything. So, I still wanna try the Joico K-Pak, but for now Nexxus Emergencee is the truth (for me, that is).

Solitude

I'll join. I've been using a lot of protein lately & I use something with protein in it at least once per week.

sqzbly1908

I am in!! Girlfriend, sign me up!

WHAT TYPE OF PROTEIN YOU USE? Ultra Sheen Duo Tex, MegaTek and Joico K-Pak Liquid Reconstructor (leave in)
HOW YOUR HAIR FEEL ON A SCALE FROM 1-10? Right now - much stronger - I will give it between 7-8 until I reach my hair goal
WHAT CHANGES CAN BE MADE TO ACHIEVE A 10? Not moisturizing as much as I used to. Have already incorporated more protein in my regimen as well as mixing my protein and moisturizing condishes

Patricia

Oh, I'm definitely in this one! I realize that my hair has been starving for protein for years! I'll be using Aphogee 2 min reconstructer (I would rate this one a 6...it makes my hair feel stronger, but not strong enough), and will step it up to Nexxus Emergencee or Dudley's DRC...I need a stronger dose! (I think, we'll see:rolleyes:)...glad you started this challenge, thanks Patricia!
I HEARD YA. THATS WHAT I'M TALKING BOUT..LETS MOVE THAT 6 UP NEXT TIME. KEEP US POSTED

Patricia

i'm glad you posted this. Because I had my first (very small) set back listening to the "moisture, moisture, moisture". and i've learned early in my hair journey that protein is definitely my friend. Not to mention, i think I like Nexxus Emergencee better than the aphogee two step. That thing made my hair feel ..... GREAT!!!!!! I love the way it applies better and everything. So, I still wanna try the Joico K-Pak, but for now Nexxus Emergencee is the truth (for me, that is).
YOUR ARE SO WELCOME. LOOK LIKE WE WAS IN THE SAME MOISTURE, MOISTURE, MOISTURE BOAT. GLAD WE CAME TO OUR SENCES. NOT BASHING MOISTURE BUT I JUST DON'T NEED IT EVERY SINGLE DAY. 2X A WEEK IS GOOD. I HAVE HEARD SO MANY GOOD THINGS ABOUT NEXXUS EMERGENCEE. THAT ON THE TOP OF MY "TO GET" LIST. ITS A LOT I WANT TO TRY BUT NEXXUS EMERGENCEE FIRST. I'VE TRIED THE APHOGEE 2 STEP PLENTY.

pear

I'M DROOLING. WANT TO TRY THAT ONE. I GUESS I NEED TO LIST ALL THE CHALLENGERS. THANKS

I am excited about trying it but nervous at the same time. I have always been afraid to put a lot of protein in my already dry, 4B hair but a lack of protein may be the exact reason why I have not seen the amount of progress that I thought I would have seen by now (been a member of LHCF for over a year).

Thank you so much for starting this challenge. It is right on time for me!

J-Moe

Ok Ladies!!! I would like to join but I have my hair sewn-in right now. It will be this way for another month, what can I do to add protein to my diet? I'm currently drinking my way to waistlength with a lot of other ladies and that contains protein. How else can I incorporate it?

Last edited:

Patricia

I am in!! Girlfriend, sign me up!

WHAT TYPE OF PROTEIN YOU USE? Ultra Sheen Duo Tex, MegaTek and Joico K-Pak Liquid Reconstructor (leave in)
HOW YOUR HAIR FEEL ON A SCALE FROM 1-10? Right now - much stronger - I will give it between 7-8 until I reach my hair goal
WHAT CHANGES CAN BE MADE TO ACHIEVE A 10? Not moisturizing as much as I used to. Have already incorporated more protein in my regimen as well as mixing my protein and moisturizing condishes

THATS A GOOD THING BETWEEN 7-8. I'M ALSO MIXING MY PROTEIN AND MOISTURIZING CONDITIONERS 2GETHER

AtlantaJJ

Did I mention I did a Sebastian 2 + 1 last weekend followed by a moisture mask and I didn't shed a piece of hair, not one broken hair.

Ladies who are concerned with heavy protein, look for products with hydrolyzed soy or wheat protein in them, that seems very light and gentle. I agree my hair seems to hold moisture longer after a light protein treatment! :yep:

Patricia

I am excited about trying it but nervous at the same time. I have always been afraid to put a lot of protein in my already dry, 4B hair but a lack of protein may be the exact reason why I have not seen the amount of progress that I thought I would have seen by now (been a member of LHCF for over a year).

Thank you so much for starting this challenge. It is right on time for me!
TAKE IT SLOW. DON'T BE NERVOUS. READ THE POST ON THE LADIES WHO ARE NOW INCORPORATING IT IN THEIR REGIMINE.

Patricia

I guess to ease your nervous feeling use the reconstructor as directed. Take a deep breath. We trying to get you to a 10. Ask the ladies how they use this product.

Patricia

Ok Ladies!!! I would like to join but I have my hair sewn-in right now. It will be this way for another month, what can I do to add protein to my diet? I'm currently drinking my way to waistlength with a lot of other ladies and that contains protein. How else can I incorporate it?
Oh yes, I'll add your name. Do you spray your hair with braid spray or anything else that have protein in it? I'm no expert maybe someone else can chime in with some creative ways to incorporate protein until your sew in is taken down.

JDandBeyond

You know I'm in! I used Joico K-Pak Reconstructor last night and now my hair feels like a solid 8.5:grin: I still need to master the balance of moisture and protein and I'm considering adding some moisture to my protein conditioners.

It may be helpful to have a running protein list on the thread. I know there are a billion different threads but a quick "cheat sheet" of favorites for the challenge may be helpful.

These are the ones I know of and please add and adjust accordingly ladies:

Aubrey organics GPB
Biolage (?)
Dudleys DRC 28
Elucence (?)
MegaTek
Motions CPR
Nexxus Emergencee
Nexxus Keraphix
Sebastian 2+1 (?)
Tigi Ego Boost (?)
Ulra Sheen Duo Tex (?)

The question marks are the ones I know nothing about and don't know how they are used so others who have used can maybe shed some light on how they use the product.

Happy hair growing ladies!

Patricia

Did I mention I did a Sebastian 2 + 1 last weekend followed by a moisture mask and I didn't shed a piece of hair, not one broken hair.

Ladies who are concerned with heavy protein, look for products with hydrolyzed soy or wheat protein in them, that seems very light and gentle. I agree my hair seems to hold moisture longer after a light protein treatment! :yep:
Can I curse. I guess not! AFREAKING AMAZING:circle:THANKS

ayoung

Add me please!

Last year I FINALLY realized protein was my friend! I have thick hair but fine strands and they NEED their strength :lol:

Today:
Protein treatment---Megatek on CW'd hair, cap w/o heat 15 min
(then moisture DC 20 min)

Hair good and strong :yep:

FYI: I will be continuing to use protein w/ every wash--which is 2xweek!

Last edited:

Aggie

I'm in Patricia because I discovered too that protein really is my friend.

WHAT TYPE OF PROTEIN YOU USE?
Alternating mostly between Ultra Sheen Duo Tex protein treatment (mild to moderate), Aphogee 2Minute Keratin Reconstructor (mild), Aphogee 2 Step protein treatment (hardcore - every 8 weeks as needed only), CON Reconstructor (mild), Elucence Extended Moisture repair treatment ( mild to moderate) and Oooops, I forgot AO GPB balancing Conditioner (mild) - I haven't used this one yet, but I have it.

HOW YOUR HAIR FEEL ON A SCALE FROM 1-10?
My hair especially loves that Duo Tex Protein Treatment and the Aphogee 2 Minute Keratin Reconstructor so I'd say a 10 on that scale for now:grin:. The aphogee 2 step,....meh, I don't particularly care for the smell and how hard it gets once dried, so I'd give it a 7 or 8 maybe.

WHAT CHANGES CAN BE MADE TO ACHIEVE A 10?
I'd really like to find a way to use the Aphogee 2 step without it getting so hard. :ohwell:To be continued....

Last edited:

AtlantaJJ

You know I'm in! I used Joico K-Pak Reconstructor last night and now my hair feels like a solid 8.5:grin: I still need to master the balance of moisture and protein and I'm considering adding some moisture to my protein conditioners.

It may be helpful to have a running protein list on the thread. I know there are a billion different threads but a quick "cheat sheet" of favorites for the challenge may be helpful.

Aubrey organics GPB
Biolage (?)
Dudleys DRC 28
Elucence Extended Moisture Repair(?)

This deep penetrating conditioner for extremely dry, damaged or breaking hair infuses a surge of moisture to the inner structure of the hair, fortifying weak, damaged follicles and improving elasticity and strength, leaving hair full of body and shine. Extended Moisture Repair Treatment helps repair damaged ends with wheat proteins and plant polysaccharides. It can be used following any chemical service and easily extends the life of any color treatment. 16 oz.
Ingredients: Purified Water, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein (and) Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Guarhydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Sulfate, Hydrolyzed Silk, Acetamide MEA, Phenoxyethanol (and) DMDM Hydantion (and) Methylparaben (and) Propylparaben, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Blue1, Yellow 5, Yellow 6, Red 40.

MegaTek
Motions CPR
Nexxus Emergencee
Nexxus Keraphix
Sebastian 2+1
Hair, like the body, needs moisture and protein to stay healthy and conditioned. Sebastian invented 2+1, an original recipe of 2 parts moisture and 1 part protein, to give the hair what it needs - deep intensive hydration, combined with the power of a protein pack. Normal or damaged hair feels conditioned, silky, moisturized and healthy. At Sebastian, 2+1 equals fabulous.

Ingredients: Water, cetyl alcohol, quaternium-18, cetearyl alcohol, pvp, glycerin, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, safflower seed oil, hydrolyzed soy protein, hydroxyethylcellulose, polysorbate 60, tocopherol, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, phenoxyethanol, isopropyl alcohol, methylparaben, fragrance, propylparaben, butylparaben, fragrance, propylparaben, butylphenyl methylpropional, hexyl cinnamal, yellow 6, potassium sorbate, yellow 5, ethylparaben, butylparaben, isobutylparaben.
Tigi Ego Boost (?)
Ulra Sheen Duo Tex (?)

The question marks are the ones I know nothing about and don't know how they are used so others who have used can maybe shed some light on how they use the product.

Here's a couple of details. I will use both of these proteins until I use them up but I will not re-purchase because I want to eventually move towards products with more pure / natural ingredients. They both work great in my opinion...I'm just becoming an ingredients prude! :giggle:

Last edited:

chebaby

im sooooooooooooooooooooooo in this challenge so add me pls.
i will be pre pooing with AO GPB
shampooing with joico k pck
deep reconstructor with joico k pak
deep conditioning with ORS replenishing conditioner

for moisture to keep it balanced i will deep treat with joico intense hydrator or pre poo with moisture like carols daughter black vanilla smoothie.

Patricia

Aubrey organics GPB
Biolage (?)
Dudleys DRC 28
Elucence (?)
MegaTek
Motions CPR
Nexxus Emergencee
Nexxus Keraphix
Sebastian 2+1 (?)
Tigi Ego Boost (?)
Ulra Sheen Duo Tex (?)

HEY LADY GOOD TO SEE YA. 8.5 THATS AWESOME. WHAT A GREAT IDEA! I'LL COPY AND PASTE THIS ON THE FIRST PAGE ALONG WITH OTHER PRODUCTS WITH PROTEIN. THATS WHAT I'M TAKING ABOUT.

Status
Not open for further replies.