Keracare Creme Press

Faith

Has anybody used it? How was it? Would you recommend it? Was it greasy? Did it moisturize? It says it protects from heat and humidity. It has a couple cons in it and some oils as well. Thanks :)

Features
KeraCare Creme Press repels moisture to sustain longer lasting presses. • Resists
reversion on humid days. • Contains a blend of natural light oils. • Shields hair
from thermal heat damage. • Does not smoke. • Available in 4 oz. size.

Benefits
• Gives hair a silky straight press.
• Hair stays straight longer than normal.
• Imparts a natural-looking sheen.
• Prevents dry, dull, brittle hair.

Directions
Rub a small amount between palms of hands. Distribute evenly on damp or dry hair from root to ends. Straighten with desired straightening tools. Apply more creme press in moderation as needed. Proceed to curl using KeraCare Curling Wax for firm curls.

Search Styling Products:

Last edited:

bluebearfanatic

i actually just purchased this b/c I wanted to use it to flat iron my hair..I thought it worked great. I did find that my hair was very silky and very straight..i used maxi glide in conjuction with it. The only thing I didn't like about it was that I found it very greasy...Next time I wouldn't use as much as a I did. I guess I didnt' use a small amount like the direction says you should..lol However I used it on my hair and I'm one year post relaxer..currently transitioning to natural and made hair was super straight and shiny when I was done. I think it gives it a nice sheen to it. I'll definitely use it again! HTH :)

Faith

Thanks...I like that it helps with humidity, protects against heat and prevents brittle/dry hair so you don't need 2-3 different products

jasmin

Get it from irbysbeautysupply, goldenmartbeautysupply or discount-beauty.

Don't like Sheldeez.

amy1234

Yuck... I HATED it!! (no offense to those who like it). It definitely has some sort of wax in it probably bees wax. and made my hair feel sticky. Have you tried Dudley's creme press? now that one is the original and I would recommend it.

Faith

The keracare one doesn't have bees wax..I checked. Maybe it was the oils in there. Can you post a link to the Dudleys' one? What is the name? I used Ultra Sheen and hated the smell and the feel of it in my hair. It also made my hair stringy. Is the Dudley's a creamy consistency (like say mango butter) or buttery like the Ultrasheen?

jasmin

Faith said:
The keracare one doesn't have bees wax..I checked. Maybe it was the oils in there. Can you post a link to the Dudleys' one? What is the name? I used Ultra Sheen and hated the smell and the feel of it in my hair. It also made my hair stringy. Is the Dudley's a creamy consistency (like say mango butter) or buttery like the Ultrasheen?

There's a keracare curling wax and the creme press. Both are in the jar.

amy1234

Faith said:

Hey Faith, it's hard to describe the consistency of the Dudley's Creme press. It mostly contains hydrogenated vegetable oil. It's not sticky at ALL.

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
I haven't tried the Keracare but my staple is Lustersilk CremePress. I use it everyweek to blow dry and flat iron my hair with a lilttle serum and it doesn't smoke or anything. It comes in a bigger jar and cost less than dudley and probably Keracare.

urbanchic85

hey. im a newbie and i haven't really introduced myself yet. but i press my natural hair occasionally and use keracare. it is by far the best creme press i've ever used, and i've always have worn a press. my old beautician used to use this and my hair used to be down my back. unlike dudley's creme press, it has water in it but it does not steam. also because it has water, it moisturizes your hair while it protects. i always use too much and my hair "feels" a little greasy but this feeling goes away after a couple of days then my hair feels so soft and silky. but i use too much on purpose. that's just my two cents. :grin:

ThickHair

My friend used it and after 3 days her hair felt gooey, slimy, just plain gross. She used it clean hair, I don't know what the deal with that stuff.

jasmin

ThickHair said:
My friend used it and after 3 days her hair felt gooey, slimy, just plain gross. She used it clean hair, I don't know what the deal with that stuff.

Which creme press felt like this?

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
My daughter and I were looking at this(keracare creme press) at an Asian BSS. You can find keracare in most Walmart Family Salons.

Thanks for the thread Faith....continue ladies...

Faith

ThickHair said:
Used which one the Keracare creme press?

[Question not directed solely at Thickhair]
Could somebody tell me (us) more about the Lustrasilk one? I used their straight hair effects spray or whatever it's called and wasn't impressed.

Last edited:

Faith

urbanchic85 said:
hey. im a newbie and i haven't really introduced myself yet. but i press my natural hair occasionally and use keracare. it is by far the best creme press i've ever used, and i've always have worn a press. my old beautician used to use this and my hair used to be down my back. unlike dudley's creme press, it has water in it but it does not steam. also because it has water, it moisturizes your hair while it protects. i always use too much and my hair "feels" a little greasy but this feeling goes away after a couple of days then my hair feels so soft and silky. but i use too much on purpose. that's just my two cents. :grin:
Hey newbie :wave:

So dudleys' is just oils I assume? Do you know the ingredients?

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
Sorry ladies, I was mistaking before. I didn't realize it until I had signed off the computer. The creme press that I use is made by Ultra Sheen not lustersilk. I may have to try the Keracare though

mommatide

I LIKE THE KERACARE CREMEPRESS. I HAVE USED IT FOR FLAT IRON AND I LIKE THE WAY IT GIVES MY FINE HAIR WEIGHT AND MOVEMENT AND CONTROL. I ALSO USE IT ON MY ENDS WHEN I ROLLERSET. IT LEAVES MY HAIR SHINY WITH A NICE FEEL. AND KEEPS MY ENDS FROM GETTING DRY.