Need a Good Straightening Creme For a Press and Curl

Hair_Goddess

Hi Everyone. I just took my weave out after 2 1/2 years and got a press and curl and I love it! My natural hair is really thick and "fluffy" with a little curl definition (I think it's a 3a or 3b??) and, when straightened, it's about 16 inches long and it's so strong and shiny. I never achieved this result with a permanent relaxer.

However, hours later, the ends of my beautiful press and curled hair immediately turned back to its natural state because it was stuffed inside my heavy winter coat all day. :sad:

I heard about some product on the market, a straightening creme, that will keep your pressed hair straight even in moist or humid conditions. Could someone recommend a good straightening creme to use?

LJewel

I too would like to know the answer to that question. I am transitioning. (Never to use the "creamy crack" again.!) :nono:

darlingdiva

My mother used to use Dax Pressing Oil when she pressed my hair in high school, and my hair used to look like I had a relaxer.

Barbara

Princess
Someone must have read my mind. I was at the salon a few days ago, and I wondered what did my stylist do to make my hair this straight. Of course, I didn't think about asking, but he told my sister by phone that he pressed it hard. I told my sister I'm going to have to find out what he used to make it this bone straight; but with this thread, I don't have to ask him.

Hair_Goddess

I straighten my natural hair and I follow Pinkskates methods. So I straighten my hair with CHI silk infusion and afterwards apply evco to my ends and it really keeps my ends straight until I shampoo again.
What is Chi Silk Infusion and Evco??

Hair_Goddess

Someone must have read my mind. I was at the salon a few days ago, and I wondered what did my stylist do to make my hair this straight. Of course, I didn't think about asking, but he told my sister by phone that he pressed it hard. I told my sister I'm going to have to find out what he used to make it this bone straight; but with this thread, I don't have to ask him.
My hair dresser used "Namaste" hair lotion to blow out my hair and to press it (she pressed it using that old fashion black curling iron that you put in the black oven). But I need to know what straightening creme to use to keep my hair nice and straight even in warm, moist, or humid conditions.

SiobhanM

Oh she used the marcel iron. . . I love those results.
Anywhoos I use sabino moisture block! (product to help reversion of pressed hair) Its great.
Also the key is to use a great conditioner! You should try a good smoothing shampoo and conditioner also.
Aveda has a line called "smooth infusion", Matrix has a line called "Sleek.Look", L'anza has a line called "striat line", and Mizani also has a line called "thermasmooth"
All of these shampoos and conditioners help prepare to get your hair smooth for the straightening process.

*If you like natural products, try aubrey organics "white camellia" conditioner. It tames, softens, and conditions my unruly 4a hair**

dst4lyf

I havent had a perm in over 3 months. I got my roots pressed and the rest of my hair flat ironed, then got my ends trimmed. He used DAX creme press. I quess because my scalp and new growth was so dry and tangled...anyway...My hair is SUPER straight and very shiny but..its very oily. I mean my hair seems so thin now...I do believe in pulling the iron thru..he may have broken my hair a little....I like Dudley Creme press. It leaves the hair so soft and smooth without the oily feel! It is an oldie but still a GOODIE... Unless your hair is extra thick and course I wld nt use Dax...