Kerphix & Avocado/coconut milk combo:ladies please help me out

morehairplease

today I want to do a deep conditioning & protein treatment but I have a problem. In what order should I do each? For protein I plan on using Keraphix for deep conditioning I plan on using the coconut milk/avocado combo mentioned on the recipe board. With the keraphix how long should I let it remain in my hair if I am not using heat with it? The shampoo I am using is Nexxus therappe.
Any advice is greatly appreciated ladies.
thanks in advance

dlewis

I always use a plastic cap with deep conditioners because I use so much it drips everywhere. I would recommend that you do because you are going to leave it in for several mins. :)

Mizani_Mrs

I agree with DLewis. I will also add that you aren't truly doing a deep cond unless you are using heat. Deep cond means that you are using heat to open the outer cuticle layer of your hair so that the conditioner can penetrate deeply into the hair's shaft. I am always sure to use heat whenever i need it, like if i'm having symptoms. but when my hair is doing fine, of course i don't have a problem with being lazy and not using heat. At the very least use a plastic cap and wrap in a warm towel so that you will use your body heat.

good luck!

morehairplease

Mizani_Mrs said:
I agree with DLewis. I will also add that you aren't truly doing a deep cond unless you are using heat. Deep cond means that you are using heat to open the outer cuticle layer of your hair so that the conditioner can penetrate deeply into the hair's shaft. I am always sure to use heat whenever i need it, like if i'm having symptoms. but when my hair is doing fine, of course i don't have a problem with being lazy and not using heat. At the very least use a plastic cap and wrap in a warm towel so that you will use your body heat.

good luck!

thanks Mizani_Mrs!