Kind of a stupid question, well more of an obeservation but need confirmation

eyunka

Thoughout the day I run my fingers through my hair and my fingers usually get caught on tangles at the end. I never understood why. I could have just combed and brushed all of them out and 5/10 mins later they appear.

Last week I got my hair cut in layers and no more tangles. Were my tangles an indications it was time for a trim? (That's not why i cut, I wanted something different) What causes tangles. I have a desk job, the most moving i do are my hands, why does/did my hair tangles appear just from sitting at my desk?

Last edited:
When I get tangly ends, it time for a trim, or in my case, a serious cut (several inches). :sad: I was stupid and thought if I took care of my ends I would never have to trim or cut. Yeah right, but at least I'm transitioning, so I guess I can count that as my mini chop. *Shrug*

Lesson learned.

I think maybe this is a lesson learned for me as well.
When I get tangly ends, it time for a trim, or in my case, a serious cut (several inches). :sad: I was stupid and thought if I took care of my ends I would never have to trim or cut. Yeah right, but at least I'm transitioning, so I guess I can count that as my mini chop. *Shrug*

Lesson learned.

I hadn't put the two together previously but now that you mention it pretty much the only time that my hair gets tangled is when i'm in need of a trim.

oh yeah and my hair is in it's natural state 98% of the time. if it's getting to be a little work to detangle i need a trim.

re: you sitting down at work...if your hair is loose and hanging down it's brushing against EVERYTHING without you realizing it. when my hair is straight, i keep it in a bun.

I just noticed this as well. I wear my hair curly 95% of the time, no protective styles. I rollerset my natural hair last night and although I had detangled, steamed and combed through my hair to set it, once it was dry I had tangles.

I'm going to buy scissors today and I'm trimming my hair.

I call those "velcro ends" and yes it means you need a trim. You probably had some splits that were latching onto other strands.

I agree with everyone, same experience. Another thing that causes me tangles (= dry ends) is build up, so I usually clarify before knowing if I really need a trim. Then I do a search and destroy, then if the problem is still there I trim, but that's because I never want to cut my hair.

Back