Lace wig to Side-part wig???

Vintageglam

Hi Ladies :wave:

Anyone ever done this. I ain't got the time and patience to do all that sewing and thought this might be the next best thing.

My plan is to buy a good quality kinky straight lace wig and then seal and reinforce the lace part and then cut the lace at the front into a U-Part and adapt the shape at the front to fit me perfectly (to avoid the uncomfortable bit over and around your ears as such).

I will then hand stitch and reinforce the edges and add some elastic and wig clips to allow me to clip my Island beauty inspired u-shaped wig in (not planning on sewing this in however as my edges do not like tension of any sort :look:)...

Thoughts would be greatly appreciated ladies

TIA

Tiye

Sounds good. For me I wouldn't cut out the u part, I'd just cut a slit and pull a teeny bit of hair through it. But this is only because my own hair doesn't really match weave hair and daily manipulation to make it match is a pain (and not good for my hair). A lot of people end up with short, broken off hair in the leave out area because of this. On the other hand if your hair is a close match to the weave/wig hair without much manipulation, then you're good. I think muffin is my lovers on youtube demo'd the glueless lace wig technique you describe a while ago. Hope your project turns out nice. :)

Vintageglam

^^^ Thanks Tye - I am not really after the glue-less lace wig effect but rather a short cut way of making a u-part wig. I plan on using kinky straight hair which looks a lot like EPRT hair so hopefully blending should not be too much of an issue.

Just can't be asked with all that sewing to tell the truth and not really that happy to pay someone $150 to do the honours although I may soon resort to that lol !!!

Roux

Sounds good. For me I wouldn't cut out the u part, I'd just cut a slit and pull a teeny bit of hair through it. But this is only because my own hair doesn't really match weave hair and daily manipulation to make it match is a pain (and not good for my hair). A lot of people end up with short, broken off hair in the leave out area because of this. On the other hand if your hair is a close match to the weave/wig hair without much manipulation, then you're good. I think muffin is my lovers on youtube demo'd the glueless lace wig technique you describe a while ago. Hope your project turns out nice. :)
this is what I have done with a few lace wigs. be sure to seal the lace edge where you cut so that it doesn't fray too much over time.

SelfStyled

I have done this twice both with Human Hair LF's.

One wig had french lace, the other was the typical BSS "plasticy" lace. Guess which one held up better? The BSS one, because the lace is sturdier. I have to admit that I did not reinforce the lace on the french lace wig though.

You are so right- it gives such a nice look! Off and on in minutes, but can still keep up with the regimen.

BSS wig

French lace wig- Kinky Straight

Vintageglam

^^^ thanks self styled - this here is the info i am looking for. I am tired of looking older than i am bc of wiggy lacefronts so i thought side parts would allow me to get a more natural look. :yep: