Lace Wig.....

NAY007

Excuse my ignorance ladies, but how does a lace wig work?
I always see the lace in the front but how is it put on the head and what happens with all the "real" hair underneath????

Thanks for your replies in advance :eek:)

Blackoutzangel05

I have been heavily researching this and believe that the lace is bonded either by glue or double sided tape to your head. My question is does that thin out your edges?!?!? And I kknow that some wear theirs daily and wanted to know how that worked....finding answers for this has been harder than I thought

Blackrican

You should check out the lf (lacefront) section on BHM (Black Hair Media). I have one, but haven't officially applied it yet since I am torn with what to do with my hair underneath. Usually, women will braid the hair in cornrows, and some will even be brave enough to be bald (on purpose!) underneath. Believe it or not, but being bald underneath makes the lf look even more natural and believable.

Anywho, I believe BHM has the BEST info on vendor and application techniques.

Blackoutzangel05

Definitely not going bald to get one I would rather stick with the ones that I get for the BSS. I was on blackhairmedia.com and found great information there. I also found a site that sells them for 350+ but takes a deposit and the remainder is due before it ships 5 to 7 weeks later. I was thinking about doing this for the summer but no one ever seems to answer what they do with the hair underneath. Cornrowing is not a bad option...but going bald is out of the question....

angellazette

I wore mine daily and did not have any thinning issues. I actually wore mine to grow my edges out that had been damaged by micros.