Lacefront, wig, halfwig questions

lwilliams1922

I purchased some lacefronts from a guy in china a couple of years ago while I was transitioning. The hair was lovely! They were around $200 each and they lasted almost a year (rotating 3 I think).

Now days I've started wearing a half wig sometimes as a quick protective style. I've purchased a couple of synthetics but they only last a month before they just start getting matted and hard to manage.

Can anyone tell me about using a human hair lace front or half wig that I can wear without tape or glue? I would like to take it off at night to preserve it longer.

Is it possible to get a half or 3/4 human hair lace front with combs? How would you measure for a lacefront like that?
Or is it better to get a regular lace front and try applying it with combs?

I love this vendors hair but I'm not sure he understands my questions about a unit that I want to remove at night and avoid the adhesives.

thanks for any suggestions.

I have a human hair half wig by outre called claudette. Its about 14 to 16 inches long. Its 90 dollars online and it last a long a time. I dont know about any human hair lacefronts with combs though.

I am planning to order a lace front and wear it as a half wig. I'm going to sew the wig clips in myself. The one I am ordering is human hair and has adjustable straps in the back. I am also tired of buying a new synthetic wig every month. I have high hopes it will also lay & look more natural than the synthetic wigs.

Last edited:
am planning to order a lace front and wear it as a half wig. I'm going to sew the wig clips in myself. The one I am ordering is human hair and has adjustable straps in the back. I am also tired of buying a new synthetic wig every month. I'm hopping it will also lay & look more natural than the synthetic wigs.

That's what I did before I relaxed. It's the easiest way to go.

am planning to order a lace front and wear it as a half wig. I'm going to sew the wig clips in myself. The one I am ordering is human hair and has adjustable straps in the back. I am also tired of buying a new synthetic wig every month. I'm hopping it will also lay & look more natural than the synthetic wigs.

This is exactly my line of reasoning.

There is actually a thread somewhere on LHCF (called "Lacefronts" I think) where some of the ladies such as AtlantaJJ actually recommend bobby pins and other ladies recommend sewing in wig clips to secure them.

I think I will go for the French (as opposed to Swiss) lace cap and get my hair dresser to adapt them slightly for me so that I can leave 1/2 inch around the perimeter and wear them as kinda half wigs.

I have a few synthetic wigs but as I am transitioning they just look too plastic and fake for me to pull off without constantly wearing a thick head band which is a dead giveaway. Also they tangle up like beasts and just look unkempt after about 2 weeks.

Let me know how it goes.

Yes I think I will try using the Bobby pins first. I can't wait to get it! I will come back and post pictures :)

This is exactly my line of reasoning.

There is actually a thread somewhere on LHCF (called "Lacefronts" I think) where some of the ladies such as AtlantaJJ actually recommend bobby pins and other ladies recommend sewing in wig clips to secure them.

I think I will go for the French (as opposed to Swiss) lace cap and get my hair dresser to adapt them slightly for me so that I can leave 1/2 inch around the perimeter and wear them as kinda half wigs.

I have a few synthetic wigs but as I am transitioning they just look too plastic and fake for me to pull off without constantly wearing a thick head band which is a dead giveaway. Also they tangle up like beasts and just look unkempt after about 2 weeks.

Let me know how it goes.

Bumping this old question because I would like to know too...

:bump: :bump: :bump:

Also found this old thread

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=389274&page=3

Lwilliams btw did you use this vendor?

www.junpengwigs.com

No I never ordered from that vendor. There are only 2 vendors I will order from over there.

Right now I'm looking for a remy lace front wig that's not custom. I want the combs for daily wear (to stay away from glue and tape and to moisturize daily) and I would like to find a deal. I'm eyeing one on hs thats about 150 but would love a better deal.

No I never ordered from that vendor. There are only 2 vendors I will order from over there.

Right now I'm looking for a remy lace front wig that's not custom. I want the combs for daily wear (to stay away from glue and tape and to moisturize daily) and I would like to find a deal. I'm eyeing one on hs thats about 150 but would love a better deal.

Lwilliams do you mind sharing the name of the vendor(s)? Feel free to PM me....:yep:

They sell lacefronts with combs on the inside. I have one that I purchased from a BSS. You can use some hair pins to make it more secure. You could also buy wig combs from the BSS and sew them inside the wig cap yourself.

They sell lacefronts with combs on the inside. I have one that I purchased from a BSS. You can use some hair pins to make it more secure. You could also buy wig combs from the BSS and sew them inside the wig cap yourself.

Can you tell me what lace front wig you have? I want one that will last without getting frizzy and wont break the bank.

Back