Lacio Lacio or any other good Leave-In Conditioner

Kimiche

Alright ladies. I thought I found my staple leave-in, Giovanni Direct. It worked alright the first time I used it, and this is probably because I was only a few weeks post touch-up. I did notice that my hair was just a little bit crunchy, but not too bad because i combed the crunch out. It was worse this time around because my new growth started to kick in. It was crunchy and my hair didn't really feel all that soft.

I saw this thread after I used it for the 2nd time, and it hit home.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=186673&highlight=giovanni+direct

I have been hearing good things about Lacio Lacio and Dominican hair products in general. I was going to buy Lacio Lacio, but I thought that I should ask you ladies what you think about Lacio Lacio, any other Dominican leave-ins, or other leave-in conditioners in general. It's time for me to make the switch. I need something that makes my hair feel soft. Thanks.

I :love: Lacio Lacio. It's good stuff, especially for rollersets. I also use NTM silk touch... I love them both. :yep:

:grin: asubeauty, thanks for responding. I tried NTM back in the day, but at the time I didn't see results because I wasn't taking care of my hair. Maybe I will try that, or Lacio Lacio. I need slip.

i have lacio lacio and odnt like it. i do however LOVE salerm 21 b5. but you also have to try redken smooth down butter treat.

I like Lacio Lacio...I switched from Salerm to lacio. I think it makes my hair feel softer.

Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Nectar...
It's really moisturizing, detangling, and light... it also comes in many different scents :grin:

Had you asked me the question a couple of weeks ago, I would have said that I don't like Lacio Lacio. I have had a bottle for well over a year and had used it on a few occasions, but I was not impressed. Last week though I was air drying and didn't want my hair to feel "extra" dry. I tried the Lacio Lacio again, but this time added more than I had before. My hair was wonderfully soft and not dry.

My hair tends to like "heavier" concoctions and I guess adding the extra amount helped. I recently ordered the Emergencia (I think) leave-in which seems to have more weight and it works well for me also.

Try and figure out what it is your hair didn't like about Giovanni so that you don't end up buying products with the same ingredients and getting bad results.

I use Elasta QP Intense, just like Lacio Lacio and get the same results, but a less than half the price. $3.99 at Sally's or Local BSS.

I don't know what I'd do without Lacio Lacio!!!! Its a staple leave-in for me...but as msa said.....try and find out what's in giovanni direct and look for a product that doesn't have similar ingredients.

I love Lacio Lacio. I find myself wanting to go buy a bottle of it for no good reason knowing that I already have 2 1/2 bottles of it at home. I mostly use it for roller sets though, because I feel like I'm wasting the goodness if I wash/co-wash it out.

I love Salerm, Lacio Lacio and Silicon Mix Leave-in Conditioners. :love: They make the hair so soft. A little goes a long way too. I think I can keep a bottle of Lacio Lacio for a year before the bottle is empty. They keep your hair very soft and smooth.

ITA on silicon mix! My hair smelled so good and the shine was awesome! I'm going to try lacio lacio as a roller set. Can you use lacio lacio on dry hair or does it have to be wet?

Back