Ladies any advice?????

kiyaj

I've had a professional curly indian remy sew-in for the past 4 months. I am now planning to take it out. I want to get it redone, but I think I should wait a bit and give my hair some rest. Is this the best thing to do? I also want to transition from having a relaxer to a milder texturizer possibly. Should I wait a while to texturize after taking out my sew-in? How long? Or should I just continue growing it out and wait a bit before getting another sew-in w/o any relaxing at all? I'm just a little confused and undecided and any suggestions would be helpful this was my first sew-in and I'm usually a lurker and want to take this out ASAP! I know you ladies always give great advice so please bring it on.

Healthb4Length

I think you should wait AT LEAST 2 WEEKS to put any sort or chemical or weave (can cause mechanical damage) into your hair. In actuality you should wait a month, but I understand that that is not always feasible...I think that you should give your hair a 2 week rest. During that time you should try to build up the strength in your hair by doing deep treatments and moisturizing treatments. Prior to the application of your texturizer or relaxer you should do a strand test to make sure your hair is strong enough to handle any sort of chemical application or mechanical application (sewing in weave). I would start with a Hard Core Protein Treatment such as Aphogee (follow the EXACT instructions!!!) then follow up with a moisturizing treatment such as Miss Key 10 en 1 plus or Elasta's DPR 11 (moisturizing and smells great). THe following week you should try a moisturing treatment, then the next week a deep treatment and so on, keep alternating until you get your hair back in tip-top shape. THe only reason I go into such details is because you've mentioned that you've had the weave in your hair for approximately 4 months, you need to rebuild you hair and it needs to breathe (figuratively speaking).;)

kiyaj

Thanks Alli77 I was thinking the same thing but when I went to the salon and let the stylist look at it because it was definitely time to take it out she suggested that I could immediately do a mild relaxer or text. after taking the sew-in out and I was like no!!! She and the other stylists were ganging up on me and telling me my hair would be alright. But I know it is better to just wait. The only problem is what will I do with my hair now with so much new growth? I will defintiely be deep conditioning. Thanks for the suggestions.

morehairplease

hi kiyaj,

what type of hair did you use for your curly indian remy sew-in? Currently, my hair is very short and when it grows some more I plan on getting a sewn in weave style to keep in for say 2-4 months if possible.
thanks in advance

Also, do you mind telling me the regime that you used while you had the sewn in weave?
thanks in advance again

Healthb4Length

kiyaj said:
Thanks Alli77 I was thinking the same thing but when I went to the salon and let the stylist look at it because it was definitely time to take it out she suggested that I could immediately do a mild relaxer or text. after taking the sew-in out and I was like no!!! She and the other stylists were ganging up on me and telling me my hair would be alright. But I know it is better to just wait. The only problem is what will I do with my hair now with so much new growth? I will defintiely be deep conditioning. Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm glad that you stood up to those stylist...that must have been intimidating but you go! SInce you have so much NG you may want to do styles like twistouts, braidouts and buns (combine the baggie trick with this to keep your ends nice). You may have to do frequent conditioner washes to help control the NG.

kiyaj

Hi Tishee,

I used curly indian remy hair from myindianhair.com I got the "good" bundle.The site has good, better, and best. Good was the cheapest and best match for the look I wanted and hair texture closest to my own. It was expensive but definitely worth it it does not shed and my stylist said that it is in good enough condition to use again. I loved it and got lots of compliments and no one could tell it wasn't mine very natural looking.

Basically, I went to the salon a couple of times as well as cared for it on my own. I used a satin bonnet to sleep in at night. When showering I let it out nad let some of the mist get the hair a little wet to keep the curls fresh looking each day, not wet but a few sprinkles in it here and there. I someitmes used Loreal Volumizing mousse on the hair to keep a more defined curl look at times, but towards the end I liked the natural more softer curls better.
I wash once a week with my normal shampoo and conditioner which is Keracare. Just put a little shampoo on your scalp between each track and rub in and you can basiclly wash like it's your hair. I let the conditioner stay on for 30 min. minimum or longer with a cap and sat under the dryer with it. After rinsing and towel bloting really well to get the most of the water out b/c your hair is braided underneath so it is holding water in under there and takes longer to dry out. Next, I apply a leave-in conditioner. I used Infusium 23, after this I put a little gel (Keracare also doesn't flake) on the tiny bit of hair that is out at the front, smoothing it down and upwards. I get back under the dryer for at least an hr. The most important thing is to make sure all of your hair is dry since your hair is braided underneath you don't want any spoiled or mildew hair. I got a Sulfur 8 braid oil the one that has the tip on it or any oil as long as you put it in a tip applicator bottle and apply oil to the braid and scalp, having a tip applicator really helps to make sure your braided hair gets moisture and you get inside the braid. And that's about it. I just made sure my hair was deep conditioned and moisturized using a tip applicator and those really are the two keys. Curly Indian Remy is really low maintenance especially when you get the right hair. The hair is curly so there was not much esle to do with it besides keeping my own hair clean,conditioned, and moisturized. I paid more attention to my hair than the Indian remy it basically does not need any maintenance. Sorry didn't mean to write a book hopefully this helps feel free to ask anymore questions. I apparently did a good job of keeping it up b/c stylist said my hair grew alot and my braided is not matted at all.

Elizabeth26

Hey kiyaj , you from Tally-Ho. Thats from my hometown neck of the woods. You probably never heard of this town Madison, Fl but thats where I'm originally from.

kiyaj

Yes, I have heard Madison, FL that's where George Clinton lives now. Yeah I'm in Tallahassee for school. Never visited Madison though.