Ladies, are you satisfied with the length you achieve?

Are you satisfied with the length you achieve per month?

• Yes, I'm completely satisfied :)

Votes: 31 23.5%
  • Yes. I've learned to be content with the amount of hair they grow per month.

Votes: 22 16.7%
  • Kind of. It makes progress, but I wish it made a little more.

Votes: 49 37.1%
  • No, I am not satisfied with the amount of length I achieve per month.

Votes: 28 21.2%
  • Other/Neither

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

*Muffin*

I don't mean to start a discouraging thread. I just wanted to get a general census. From person to person, the amount of hair we grow per month is different. It can range from 1/4th" to 1". And also the amount of length we retain varies as well. So my question is (whether you are relaxed or natural) are you satisfied with the growth you acheive in a month, or does it seem like it's not enough to you? If you are satisfied with your growth do you think it's because you retain all the length you grow? And if you are dissatisfied do you think it's because some of the length you grow somehow is lost? TIA :).

P.S. In the second voting option on the poll I wrote "Yes, I've learned to be content with the amount of growth they grow per month" I meant to put I, lol.

Last edited:
I'm satisfied with the health, but like the old saying goes, "a watched phone never rings..." I guess because I'm watching my hair, it doesn't seem like it's growing to me. Luckily, I've learned a lot on LHCF, especially taking photos of my growth, which has helped me when I start to get irritated!

Long story short, I'm satisfied with my hair retention but I wish I were one of the "1" a month" ladies!

Guess I'll go too, lol. Me personally, I'm happy that my hair is making progress at all, but sometimes I think it should be making more. I don't have unrealistic expectations for my hair, but sometimes I wonder if I actually retain the lengths that I grow. I'll straighten my hair when it has a lot of NG and think "Oh yeah, it should have definitely grown longer" and sometimes it still looks pretty much the same length. That frustrates me, but I guess I should learn to be patient.

I'm okay with the 1/2" per month. I mean it's growing. Sometimes I wish I got an 1" per month but I retain most of what I get if not all so I'm pretty satisfied.

i voted "Yes. I've learned to be content with the amount of hair they grow per month."

i guess i get 1/2" per month. i must not be completely satisfied because i am using megatek and taking hair vitamins... but since i have been doing that, i have been happy with my length. i am nervous about getting a trim with my next relaxer though!

I'm not happy about the length, because the length I have now, I have had before, but the growth is better, and my hair's health is overall really good, I just have to maintain length......so...I just wish I was bsl now, cuz but next year I would be midback, and then on to waist, and by the time I graduate I would be tailbone.....

Guess I'll go too, lol. Me personally, I'm happy that my hair is making progress at all, but sometimes I think it should be making more. I don't have unrealistic expectations for my hair, but sometimes I wonder if I actually retain the lengths that I grow. I'll straighten my hair when it has a lot of NG and think "Oh yeah, it should have definitely grown longer" and sometimes it still looks pretty much the same length. That frustrates me, but I guess I should learn to be patient.

I feel the same way!!

I voted no but I'm just glad that its growing. I wish it was growing faster...like I want to be APL yesterday. This thread kind of makes me sad because I'm nowhere near my goals.

I voted no but I'm just glad that its growing. I wish it was growing faster...like I want to be APL yesterday. This thread kind of makes me sad because I'm nowhere near my goals.

Aw, I didn't intend for this thread to make anyone sad. I guess I was curious because I know that I have problems with growth and retention and I wanted to see if it was a similar problem with others. If it wasn't then I'd know that I was doing something wrong, but now I see that a few people have issues with their hair. It'll be all right. I remember when my hair was butchered to ear lobe length. I was so depressed and unhappy, and even after that I couldn't seem to get my hair to push very much past shoulder length. Even though my growth seems slow I am now almost BSL, and I guess that's something to be thankful for. What I guess I'm trying to say is that it's hard to see the forest through the trees, but with patience and time you will definitely reach your goals, so don't be discouraged. I know I will see you at APL, and beyond :yep:.

i'm thankful that my hair continues to grow. i'm not always a good evaluator of my growth, though. yesterday,i was with friends and they commented that my hair is getting long but before i left i was frustrated b/c it felt like it was still in the same place..even though my pics suggest otherwise. i sometimes think it's just the camera angle..lol. right now, i'm just focusing on being grateful and enjoying my current length.

Honestly no, It seems my hair is growing at an extremely slower rate than usual. When I was relaxed my hair seemed to have grown so much faster. I don't know if its because my hair was straighter then or what. I have so many different products that I have been trying and still it's at an extremely slow rate. I don't know what's goin on!!:wallbash: I wash and deep cond. my hair once a week to keep it clean, but I think what I will have to do is change my routine to every other week and see how that goes. My hair is extremely dry so I moist. it every day and just started last night using the Biolage Ultra hydrating shampoo and the Ultra hydrating cond. balm. Which so far seems to be really good for my hair. I think also I probably need to manipulate it less, but now I can't because it's still so short. I might end up getting braids in a couple of months but I will need some more length before I can. I think too I am going to have to go back to my biotin and see what happens.

I voted Yes. I am thrilled with my growth. My hair has always grown in the past but over the past few months, the pace has definitely increased. I attribute the growth and retention to low maintenance styles, making my own products, and keeping health in mind. I want to reach waist length this year and though I am far from that, I think it might just happen if my growth remains constant:yep:. Either way, I'll be satisfied!

Attachments

• IMG_1091.jpg
    IMG_1091.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC00627-res.jpg
    DSC00627-res.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 11
I get a little less than 1/2 a month, maybe more in the summer. I am disappointed because it took me over 2 years to move from above APL to BSL. Especially when some people make WSL in a year. :nono:

I think that the fact that I am bleached and relaxed slightly affects my retention. I also had a minor setback a year ago when an (EX) stylist chopped my hair up in the name of layers. Still, I don't remember it taking so long to get back to BSL from a SL chop years ago.

Lately, my hair seems to be soaring. It seems like overnight I made BSL, and this is with 17 weeks of new growth. I'm anxious to see how much I retained once I relax in 2 weeks and 6 days. :look:

I always want more progress lol but I feel like just as long as it's growing and I am retaining, than I should be happy

I'm transitioning and I don't straighten often. I hope that I am retaining, I wear it up every single day, but the ends look like (butt)...We will see in May *shrug*

I voted "Kind of." btw.

I am happy with my growth, which is average (.5 inches/month) and retention. I am not happy about my recent Henna disaster/set-back. I worked so hard the last year, it is kind of hard to deal with a set-back. Hopefully I will be able to get my hair back on track in the next couple of months. I try not to focus so much on lenght, but rather the overall health of the hair.

i'm thankful that my hair continues to grow. i'm not always a good evaluator of my growth, though. yesterday,i was with friends and they commented that my hair is getting long but before i left i was frustrated b/c it felt like it was still in the same place..even though my pics suggest otherwise. i sometimes think it's just the camera angle..lol. right now, i'm just focusing on being grateful and enjoying my current length.

My sentiments exactly! Just yesterday my friend was telling me how much my hair grew (and mind you her hair grows like a weed) and I'm looking at it going "It doesn't look like it's budged to me". My mom also told me my hair is getting longer, but I feel like she only says that because she's my mom. I'm just afraid that I'm somehow undoing all the growth I've accomplished, because my hair actually grows at a pretty normal rate. I'd say it's around 1/2" per month. So that equates to about 2 inches every four months (which is how often I relax), so I guess my growth rate is possibly on track. I need to start measuring my hair to see how much length I retain at the end of the four month period.

Yes, I am satisfied with my growth rate and length retention. I'm texlaxed with shrinkage, but even so, I am pleased and grateful.

I am VERY satisfied with my hair growth at this current time. This is the VERY FIRST time i have EVER reached BSL in my life. So, i voted yes!

I am VERY satisfied with my hair growth at this current time. This is the VERY FIRST time i have EVER reached BSL in my life. So, i voted yes!

So proud and motivated by your accomplishment :). What do you think has contributed to your successful growth and retention?

No. I only get 1/4 inch a month. I have broken patches from the last stylist who didn't neutralize well. And they are taking FOREVER to grow back. I've been cutting so that my hair can camouflage the broken patches.

I'm happy that my hair is healthy and thick, but I'm not experiencing growth, yet, past a length that I have achieved before. I've never been APL or BSL. I'm striving to get their.

I voted No but I guess thats not completely true. I am a long term transistioner and I am trimming as I grow. It seems like I dont have any growth but I am sure I do :(.

Hey, Muffin:

Yes ... I am very satisfied with the rate of my hair growth (1/2" a month) and my ability to retain what I've grown. Now if I could just get a little thickness ...

Back