Ladies how do you wear your buns ?

ghanagirl23

Sorry if someone already asked this but I want to know how you ladies wear your buns and protect your ends I feel like I'm not wearing them right because my ends are breaking can I get some pictures of different type of buns I feel like when I wear high buns my head looks like a egg plant lol

Evolving78

my avatar shows how i wear my bun. i don't use any fillers. i just smooth with my hands, gather my hair like i am making a ponytail, twist/coil until i form a bun, and pin it with my spin pins. i don't use ponytail holders.

alive

I wear a high bun in most of my videos. Helps to baggy the ends one in a while if you're covering your own hair with faux hair

Blairx0

I wear banana clip buns and I tuck my ends in. I put some oil on my ends or baggy them. No breakage

bhndbrwneyes

I too would like to see some pictures. I mostly bun on wet hair because with dry hair my edges just don't want to go down without brushing which I'm trying to avoid. Even when I use gel (on wet and dry hair) by the end of the day my edges will spring back up and look messy. Anyways, I wear buns a lot but I don't like the outcome. I think it is mostly because my relaxed hair (which is most of my hair) is much thinner so my buns look really tiny (and I'm probably styling them too tight)

In fact, one stranger at work who always sees me with my hair bunned saw me last week wearing a braid out and said "Is that your real hair? Girl I didn't know you had so much hair".

If anyone is using any fillers or anything beside bobby pins to secure with please let me know. (I hate bobby pins)

ghanagirl23

I too would like to see some pictures. I mostly bun on wet hair because with dry hair my edges just don't want to go down without brushing which I'm trying to avoid. Even when I use gel (on wet and dry hair) by the end of the day my edges will spring back up and look messy. Anyways, I wear buns a lot but I don't like the outcome. I think it is mostly because my relaxed hair (which is most of my hair) is much thinner so my buns look really tiny (and I'm probably styling them too tight)

In fact, one stranger at work who always sees me with my hair bunned saw me last week wearing a braid out and said "Is that your real hair? Girl I didn't know you had so much hair".

If anyone is using any fillers or anything beside bobby pins to secure with please let me know. (I hate bobby pins)

that is exactly how I feel when I put up a bun I feel like it does not look good on me lol

prospurr4

I bun about 99% of the time. Here are couple styles that I do often:

With a Ficcare clip:

With a banana clip with ends tucked under:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I have a lot of pics in my LHCF blog. I even snapped photos of some of my hair accessories used. Too many pics to post here. I bun on air dried or heat styled hair and secure with good days hair pins.

Allandra

Those that are looking for pictures of buns, do a search on You Tube. You should find a number of videos there.

FoxxyLocs

my avatar shows how i wear my bun. i don't use any fillers. i just smooth with my hands, gather my hair like i am making a ponytail, twist/coil until i form a bun, and pin it with my spin pins. i don't use ponytail holders.

I do this too. If I want a big, full bun I'll use a ponytail holder and pull my hair 3/4 of the way through, then pin my ends in place.

JosieLynn

i wear a bun with added hair around it. To prep during wash day I usually wash and then put in medium two strand twists, and ponytail them to stretch the hair while it airdrys, then I wear a wig cap over it every night to get the flyaways to lay flat, then when I take my hair out of the twists the day after my wash day I smooth it with my hand into a ponytail, twist the ends of my ponytail and tuck them into the ouchless ponytail holder, then using kinky curly fingercomber hair I wrap it around my bunnytailed hair and pin it with hair pins, not bobby pins to keep it secure.

Then at night I take the pins off and added hair off and keep my ponytailed hair up and sleep with the wig cap on and a scarf to keep all edges smooth. Occasionally i will spray with leave-in or water and smooth out and then put the wig cap on to keep my hair stretched and flat. That usually lasts a whole week and then i wash and repeat on wash day.

ETA: Picture #2 is of just my hair and how I two strand twist the hair in the ponytail and then tuck the ends in the holder to make a baby bun. The rest are of different days with me wearing the bun

Attachments

• 181042_10151515455927726_670407646_n.jpg
    181042_10151515455927726_670407646_n.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 47
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 44
  • photo-2.JPG
    photo-2.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 49
  • photo-4.JPG
    photo-4.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I have a lot of pics in my LHCF blog. I even snapped photos of some of my hair accessories used. Too many pics to post here. I bun on air dried or heat styled hair and secure with good days hair pins.

Here's my bun contribution! I always bun on dry hair --- healthier for my strands.

Last edited:

cocoberry

Dilettante

Sorry if someone already asked this but I want to know how you ladies wear your buns and protect your ends I feel like I'm not wearing them right because my ends are breaking can I get some pictures of different type of buns I feel like when I wear high buns my head looks like a egg plant lol

How are you securing your buns? A lot of tools I used in the past for bunning caused breakage and splits in my hair. Long term (like every day) bunning didn't work for me until I found the right tools :yep: