Ladies that still go to a stylist

mkd

Tell me why you still go please!

I joined the board a few months ago and I have learned so much. I have mastered roller setting and I am not doing direct heat anymore, except for maybe 4 times a year. I am still going to my hair stylist every other week still though. I am not quite ready to stop. I like her and it is kind of like my retreat on saturday mornings. I am pondering just going to her once every quarter or so for a trim and twice a year to color.

Liege4421

I still go for a relaxer...I know I should probably try myself but I am not patient enough with my new growth and I would either just break my hair or overprocess. It's not so bad, though...I only go like once every three to four months.

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
I only go for a touc-up as well. I do everything else myself and don't feel like I need the hair salon for any of that. I like the way the salon does my touch-ups so I don't want to try and do mines. now if I moved away and there was no way for me to get to my favorite salon than I would try my own touch-ups.

blessedandlucky

i go for touch-ups primarily, and sometimes deep conditioning and protein treatments. i plan on getting highlights in the early summer and will be going back to her for that. the salon is a treat for me. my stylist is great, very professional, she listens to me and i'm always in and out in an hour.

Queen V

I mostly go for relaxer touch-ups, or if I feel like being pampered. Sometimes it's nice to let someone else do the work for a while. :)

Solitude

I go for my relaxer, but that's been a while. Recently, I went just because I started getting frustrated with my new growth - spent about 6 weeks getting blowouts to keep from relaxing. And last week I went to a stylist for my sew-in. My goal for 2009 was to be a DIYer, but I'm kind of over that. lol I do my own trims, pre-pooing & DCing before going to the stylist because I've learned enough from LHCF and experimenting that I honestly do a better job of conditioning and maintaining than a stylist. I had to slow down & get the PS, though, because the stylists that I go to use a lot of heat.

But, chemicals & "style-styles" I still leave to them

SuchMagnificent

Taking a Break from Posting
I still go because no one can do my hair like she can, including me. I go every 2 weeks and I plan to continue to do so. I have no idea what products she uses because she keeps things hid but everytime she does it, my hair is so silky and shiny. I cannot nor have I yet to achieve this. I havent been on LHCF long, so I dont know what products work for my hair yet and I dont really do rollersets/other techniques, so I dont really see a need to stop going.

chebaby

i have been going to my same stylist for 708 years and shes like a grandmother to me. so i will always go to her. with that said before i found this site i was going to her once ever 2 weeks and my hair stayed the same legnth because she dusted my ends every visit. now i go to her every 3 months or so but it will be every 4-5 months for the most part. i usually go to her when i want a dusting or when i want color done.

MissNina

Libra Girl
Every 6 weeks I go, either for a relaxer, blow out or as a break from doing my own hair. Sometimes doing my own hair is annoying. One salon visit and the style will last for at least a good week :yep:

back2relaxed

I go mainly for the touch ups b/c I don't do Chemicals on my own. But I also go from time to time for that "salon look"

mzperkins

I always went every 2 weeks because I don't like doing my hair......BUT now that I found this site I will be going every 8-10 weeks for touch up only. I have learn so much on how to care for my hair....thank u LHC family.

SmartyPants

I go for a touch-up, because my last DIY relaxer was a disaster and I lost a nickel-sized patch of hair in the back. Thanks to MT/OCT/Bee Mine, that patch is now growing back nicely.

MiWay

I go because I'm tired of doing my own hair, and I've gotten extremely lazy. It's just easier to sit there and let someone else do the work. I go every 2 weeks, and since she's been doing it, it's been healthier and growing faster.

The Princess

I still go to my hairdresser she is the best. She is very patient. She does my touchups and flatiron my hair. She helped my hair out when it was damaged from a previous beautician that mest up my hair. I go no more than twice a month though.

Like someone mention is good to be pampered sometimes.

She also listens to my concerns. Which is a plus.

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
I only go for retouches so 3 or 4 times a year. A flat iron once a year if so much. If you are sure that your stylist won't destroy any progrss by trimming, and if you have the cash to go every week and if you enoy it so much, then go! Make yourself happy! Just make sure that you still have control over your hair journey and your hair.