Ladies w/SHORT hair, HOW do you PROTECT it???

healthyhair2

Hello everyone I've basically been lurking for about a week . I posted some,but I'd like to know how people with SHORT hair keep it protected so that the hair will grow??I had the majority of my shoulder length hair cut off because of a relaxer accident at the beauty school-NEVER again.I realized the next day that there were pieces underneath that had broken off to about 2 1/2 inches long!!! It was really my mistake to try and cut corners while unemployed. My hairdresser was a doll because I never lie to him about what I do to my hair between times of seeing him. Now I am only seeing him and doing my maintenance,but I want to speed up the hair growth!! What I want to know is -how do you keep the hair from drying out too much since we shorties can't wear a "protective" style??? I use good hair products, maybe I should use more of them??

Carlie

Not that everyone is willing to make this sacrifice, but my mother has been wearing wigs for the past 6 mths and her hair is growing like CRAZY!!!
Underneath the wig, her hair is extremely healthy and strong. I can understand why you might not want to wear a wig everyday...but my mother is determined to keep wearing it until she feels her hair is at an acceptable length.

LuvLiLocks

Healthy Hair is your hair 2 1/2 inches long all over? Last summer I cut my hair to about 1/2 inch but wasn't actively growing it out. When I decided to grow it out, I started wearing a wig. I can care for/protect my hair and still look cute with my wigs. My hair has grown almost 2 inches since coming to LHCF in June.

healthyhair2

At the nape of my neck it's a little shorter. My hairdresser did a cute cut that is longer in the top, it's more like the hair Halle Berry has in CATWOMAN, but mine is not colored. It has grown and does not feel bad, but
I know that it could be better. I'm taking a supplement called, GOOD HAIR,but I am contemplating adding Viviscal to my regimine or Delinea if I can find any here on the board.I am concentrating on supplements,moisturizing my hair 3x per week and covering with a satin cap at bedtime. In the winter I will probably switch to the Crown & Glory technique. Now I use:

Shampoo: ABBA Creme Moist or Moisture Sensation
Condiotioner:Keracare Humecto or ABBA Moisture Sensation or Nexxus Humectress
Leave In: Surge 14 or Design Essentials Therapeutix
Oils: Surge Lotion#9,Jojoba,Emu,Avocado,Hemp
Relaxer: Optimum Rx(which is discontinued,I must switch when the 4lb tub is empty)

I do have TONS of other stuff,I'm a really bad PJ!!!These are some of my faves though.

Leslie_C

If u dont want to do the wig or braid route, there is always phony ponies and instantweaves(1/2 wig, u part your hair ear to ear and blend).

Or u can just concentrate on trying not to use the heat which is hard on short styles but try to roller set and wrap. And try to keep your hair wrapped up with a scarf whenever u are around the house and at night.

ladylibra_30

i had a best friend (she's deceased now) and she was the epitome of a woman w/healthy short hair. she also had a halle cut. she relaxed w/revlon mild, poo/con w/paul mitchell products. she would get her hair molded and get it curled with the curling iron once a week. to maintain the curls she would roll it. if she did'nt roll it she would wrap the edges in a silk scarf w/the top out. she had very beautiful, healthy, full hair...it looked just like a wig!

she did deep conditioning treatments and trimmed regularly until she grew the halle cut into an asymmetrical bob.

Jenai

[ QUOTE ]
ladylibra_30 said:
i had a best friend (she's deceased now) and she was the epitome of a woman w/healthy short hair. she also had a halle cut. she relaxed w/revlon mild, poo/con w/paul mitchell products. she would get her hair molded and get it curled with the curling iron once a week. to maintain the curls she would roll it. if she did'nt roll it she would wrap the edges in a silk scarf w/the top out. she had very beautiful, healthy, full hair...it looked just like a wig!

she did deep conditioning treatments and trimmed regularly until she grew the halle cut into an asymmetrical bob.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I did to grow out a long pixie cut and my ends remained healthy.