Ladies, how do you do a protective style on neck length hair?

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I had my hair straitened and to my shock, my hair is 2 lengths, the side to my ears and my nape is to my shoulders!:drunk: I'm so happy because I didn't think I had much progress at all due to my non stop shedding. :ohwell: I'd like to keep my hair strait, but I don't know of a good style to keep it protected. My hair is still not long enough to bun because the sides are still short.:wallbash: What can I do to keep it protected?

DDTexlaxed

Right now, it is straitened. I just got it done yesterday. I'd like to keep it strait. Sorry if I weren't more clear. I tried to wrap it, but it isn't smooth.:lachen:I'd like to not have to use heat on it every day to keep it.:rolleyes:

DDTexlaxed

Thank U, ladies! I didn't think of roller setting it!:lachen: I haven't had strait hair so long, I forgot what 2 do!:grin:

glamazon386

You can do a bun. Just get some click clacks or pins to hold the shorter pieces on the side. You can also do a twist out or put some rollers in it.

PinkPeony

^^^ I started with nl-earlength hair and used a claw and just used some pins for my sides.
Low manipulation and effective,plus my ends weren't exposed in any way:yep:

RosesBlack

I made some bun fillers and wore a low bun with bangs occasionally and some cute decorative bobby pins.

I also will wear two mini buns with or without decoration.

I've been doing the hide your hair challenge so that's been about all for me. I always make sure to oil my elastics and instead of securing my ends just sort of roll them under the bun then put a big terry cloth elastic around the whole thing.

I have some photos of my filler bun (a sock one) somewhere if you'd like to see them.