Ladies who have recovered from long-term scalp damage: help!

This is great information. Ferritin is the iron transport protein. The more iron you have the more of the protein (ferritin) is produced to transport it in the body. I believe that a lot of what happens on the inside will manifest on the outside. Being healthy is a great start. Supplements are useful. I had problems with my edges (near the temple) thinning out because when I transitioned then bc'd I wore weaves for 18 mos leaving me with longer hair, but those thinned out temples. So I bought the ORS Temple Fertilizing Balm (The one that you apply with a dropper) and mixed that with some Castor Oil, and noticed improvement over a year. I am still working on it, but its not as noticeable. I think I will add some eucalyptus oil also. Oh and yes Thyroid Levels (especially with women) is a GREAT place to start. GET bloodwork done: a CBC (Complete Blood Panel), a CMP (Complete Metabolic panel), a Vitamin Panel, and Lipids (Cholesterol, triglycerides, good and bad cholesterol, etc).... I was able to even get one done at my school clinic when I was in college! I get it done every 5 years and I am just 31! I am a nutrition professor and registered dietitian, so all the nutrition stuff you posted stuck out!

Just bumping this for future reference

Back