Ladies who've gone from Natural/texlaxed to relaxed...

FreeNewMe

Before finding LHCF I was transitioning to relaxed b/c I assumed that the reason I couldn't get past shoulder length was b/c of the relaxer. Found LHCF(thank goodness:)) and learned that this is not the case.

I texlaxed in Feb 08 after a 12 month transition attempt. I texlax for 10 min, but my hair is SO thick and has so much curl that most people think I'm still natural. While I absolutely LOVE my thickness when styled...I never wear natural styles. Am I potentially hindering my growth by staying texlaxed as opposed to moving to a straighter texture? I've tried setting my hair and b/c it's so thick and has so much texture, it comes out like a bush. I have no other choice but to blow and flat-iron(I blow on low and iron on Med) ..I do this every 1 to 2 weeks.

So far my growth has been good but, after cutting a shorter bob last October I'm back to just past shoulder and I'm desperately seeking full APL...I'm thinking I should go a bit straighter(def not bone-straight) but scared I might lose my thickness.

What are your thoughts??? I texlax every 16 weeks and due for a touchup mid Sep.

MonPetite

I use to relax bonestraight and during that time would unintentionally texlax. Which would lead to a "corrective". In between the unintentional texlax and corrective my styles didn't work well and I had to use more heat. Not good. Once I was back to bone straightness I could go back to no heat as my hair would go bone staight, but I could use no heat or risk breakage.

You should strike a balance between achieving the styles you want with the least amount of resistence, manipulation, and heat and how much chemical alteration your hair can stand, IMO.

Bumping for you!

bbdgirl

i am not really sure what your question is. But i have been relaxed to natural to texlaxed to relaxed back to texlaxed and I think you may want to process your hair again for a little longer just to relax some the bulk out of your hair and increase your versatility.