relaxed/texlaxed hair natural products

Does your relaxed/texlaxed hair still benefit from organic products?

• No, my hair isn't natural, so why buy natural?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, my hair fully benefits from natural products

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • I use a bit of both

Votes: 10 38.5%

• Total voters

kaytorry

I hope this hasn't been asked too many times before, I did a search and did not find this question...

Does your hair have to be 100 % natural in order to obtain the benefit of natural/organic hair products?

For those ladies who were natural and are now relaxed or texlaxed, do organic/natural products still see the benefits in your hair after you have relaxed? Do you feel that organic products don't give your hair that added "omph"?

I am currently in this situation (decided to discontinue transitioning, and texlax again or maybe fully relax) and I'm hoping that the natural products that I have purchased aren't just a waste.

please share...

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I Primarily use Natural/Organic/Handmades with the Exception of the Relaxer.

I use very few (minimal) Salon Brands now.

ETA: I haven't been "Natural" in a very long time

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I still keep stuff in my Stash Like:

Neutralizing Shampoo
Joico K-Pak
Joico Recovery Treatment Balm & Joico Hydrator
Roux Porosity Control/Roux Mendex
Nexxus Emergencee & Nexxus Keraphix, Humectress
Sebastian Penetraitt
BBD Stretch Creme
Redken Deep Fuel/Cleansing Creme and Extreme Rescue Force
Dudley Products
Mizani

These are things that I still use from time to time

Last edited:

shasha8685

My hair thrives off of the natural products! :yep:

I use Aubrey Organics conditioners, Kinky Curly Knot Today, Qhemet Biologics AOHC, etc.

They provide what my hair needs.

Dposh167

when i first started this journey....natural/organic products was what i used the most. And i'm relaxed btw.

they worked A LOT better than the usual bss products actually

kaytorry

I still keep stuff in my Stash Like:

Neutralizing Shampoo
Joico K-Pak
Joico Recovery Treatment Balm & Joico Hydrator
Roux Porosity Control/Roux Mendex
Nexxus Emergencee & Nexxus Keraphix, Humectress
Sebastian Penetraitt
BBD Stretch Creme
Redken Deep Fuel/Cleansing Creme and Extreme Rescue Force
Dudley Products
Mizani

These are things that I still use from time to time

What is BBD stretch Creme, and what does it do??

ThickRoot

I'm relaxed and I only use natural products. I drifted this way because I needed to get away from cones. I love the products and I think they make my hair thrive.

Staples right now: oyin, hairveda, kbb, and shea moisture

Sent from my HTC Glacier using HTC Glacier

miss stress

with the exception of my relaxer and protectant all the products i use are natural. I love darcy's, shescentit, and aubrey's

lamaria211

Bumping. My whole house has gone green. Dh says if he can't have chicken I can't have non natural (toxic) hair products. I boxed up 75% of my stash today:( and now I need a whole new one. I need suggestions for moisture and protein DC's. And leave ins

Beamodel

I only use natural/handmade items in my hair and they have made a huge difference. If I do use a commercial brand it basically will not contain silicones, mineral oil except for my relaxers

EnExitStageLeft

I used the natural/handmade products pretty much exclusively and have notice that my hair is truly moisturized from the root down. Also, have mixed porosity hair, so my hair doesn't play well with a lot of synthetic ingredients. Plus my hair doesn't respond well to cones. So I try to stick with natural products for the most part (give or take a few).

lamaria211

I'm using natural products more for the health of my body and environment more than for the health of my hair. So it's really important to me to find some great stuff. That I can get my hand on that's not an arm and a leg. Today I bought Walgreens Ology moisturizing condish x2
Shea Moisture Deep treatment masque
Nubian Heritage EVOO & Moringa Poo and condish I hope I like them. I'm going to order some Giovanni's and more AO products from vita cost this weekend because I no I like their stuff

ronie

Let me know if you are selling your masquintense lamaria211, I will gladly take them from you.

lamaria211

Let me know if you are selling your masquintense lamaria211, I will gladly take them from you.

What I did was go to several sites to find the worst of the worst ingredients so that I could go thru my stash and eliminate those upfront. Of my Kerastase products (6) only 2 of them are getting the boot (both unused) The Oleo Relax Slim DC and the leave in that goes to it. 100$ wasted :(
As it turns out Aussie is a pretty good brand so is HE and Macadamia natural oil brand. Loreal and Redken products are pretty bad!

ronie

I knew there was a reason I never liked the oleo relax slim. I thought it was an upgrade from masquintense but masquintense and the elixir ultime are my favorite kerastase products. And I have tried most of them. Heat, no heat, 5 minutes, 20 mns, 2 hours that mask always delivers. I still have half a jar of my oleo relax slim collecting dust, waste of 60$.

ronie

Oh how did joico do? The moisture recovery balm is my baby daddy. That thing rules my world.

sharifeh

My hair is relaxed and it loves the natural products. My hair loves qhemet etc... It's kind of counter intuitive but oh we'll it works. I've considered going cone free even.