Texlaxed ladies...

glamazon386

How often do you texlax your hair? Every so many weeks? A few times a year? I've been relaxing 4 times a year since 2004. The last time I went 5 1/2 months. I'm trying to go 6 this time. The dom salon texlaxed my hair last time, and I like it much better than the bone straight relaxing. Would letting them texlax my hair 2 to 3 times a year be okay?

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
I have my hair texlaxed only 2-4 times a year on average. As long as you properly care for the relaxed portion of you hair and the new growth (and it sounds like you do already), stretch as long as you are able. There's nothing wrong with relaxing only 1-3 times a year. That is one great benefit of texlaxing--the ability to stretch longer. When I used to have my hair relaxed much straighter, I had to get a touch up every 5-8 weeks, which was nearly impossible for me to keep up with.

BTW: I had my hairtexlaxed on March 3, and am waiting until June or July for a touch-up

Last edited:

WaterMoccasin

Crap- I must be the only one...
I've been tex-laxed since September and the touch-ups so far have been 9 weeks, 9 weeks, 6 weeks.

I need to learn to deal with the bush/tangles at that time better I guess. *off to check out 'stretching' threads*
Wait! *runs back in* I think I'm on the way though- this last time, at 6 weeks, I got braids in so it should be 11-13 weeks this time when I take them out (and treat for a week before tex-laxing)! :look:
I'll be repeating this process for the rest of the year: waiting until I want to relax to put braids in, so I should average 12 weeks I guess.
4 times a year is fine with me!

*Happily Me*

BahamaMama said:
Crap- I must be the only one...
I've been tex-laxed since September and the touch-ups so far have been 9 weeks, 9 weeks, 6 weeks.

Me too!

Perhaps i could stretch it a little longer...

MelsWifey

Hair Fanatic
On average I texlax every 13 weeks. The longest I've ever gone without touching-up was 10 months when I was pregnant. I really did experiment with different intervals of time. Last year I relaxed every 17 weeks. For me, 13 weeks gives me enough new growth to safely relax and my hair seems to prefer that amount of time.

HHG

glamazon386

Alright, I guess I'll keep going with my 6 month stretch. I plan on being weaved up most of the summer anyway. Now I just have to get my mom to buy me this expensive curly hair I want as a graduation present. :look: Thanks ladies!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I am thinking about texlaxing in 6 months. When u do texlax, do u smooth it in or do u just let the relaxer sit?

SilkyandSmooth

DDtexlaxd said:
I am thinking about texlaxing in 6 months. When u do texlax, do u smooth it in or do u just let the relaxer sit?

My stylist smoothed it in. She just left the relaxer on for a shorter period of time. I told her beforehand that I didn't want my hair bone straight and she knew exactly how long to leave the relaxer on. She did an amazing job b/c I still have my curls/waves. They're just a lot easier to deal with now.:grin: