Ladies with very thick, natural 4a/4b hair what kind of hair dryer are you using?

czyfaith77

I absolutely hate to blow dry my hair. I hate combing it at times. Tell me what are you using for detangling and what kind of hair dryer are you using (like with the comb attachment and what have you). I love being natural however, my hair is that extremely thick, comb breaking hair and it is just a chore to do. If I should choose to blow dry I would like to quicken the process.

Hope to here Lauren (formerly Lauren450) chime in for my hair look alot like hers-thickness and all.

luckiestdestiny

Sorry Hon. I don't do a blow dryer. I do do a soft hooded dryer with an extension attached so I can wander around my place while it dries. Have you ever thought of doing that?

czyfaith77

I used one of those when I was relaxed. If I did that now my hair would be ridculously tangled. I think I am just going to have to do what I have been doing- a few box braids, semi air dried with a leave in/ heat protectant and then taking them out my sections to quickly blow dry with any attachment.

Southernbella.

Hey girl!

I use a Revlon Ionic dryer that I got at CVS. It's nothing special, but it gets the job done. It doesn't have a comb attachment. I use either the Pinkskates' tension method, but if I want to comb while I blowdry, I use my Denman brush.

I only use it when I want to straighten or when I want to stretch my hair for twists. I think it would be too much heat on my hair if I used it regularly.:yep:

Nonie

OT, Southernbelle, your punkin is thoooo cuuuute!

Did someone say comb-breaking hair? Do you mean hair that does this (see attachment) to a comb? That's mine!

I don't use a dryer to straighten my hair. I airdry in braids if I want my hair stretched.

Attachments

• IMG_2892.JPG
    IMG_2892.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 7

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I use an ion 1875-Watt Ceramic Styler Dryer. I purchased it from Sally's. I have to use a comb attachment because my hair is very very tightly coiled.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
i use a conair ion shine 1875 watt.it comes with a diffuser and concentrator all for 9.99! it does the job but i dont expect silky, straight or shiny results from a blow dryer. i use pinkskates tension teqnique. it is much better on my hair and i have virtually no breakage from blowdrying.

glamazon386

My hair isn't thick but I' natural and I use a Yellowbird. I bought it after they used it on my hair at a natural hair salon. It blew through my hair quick and easy. It works for me. My regular hair dresser uses a CHI blowdryer on my hair at his shop though.

Twisties

i use a conair ion shine 1875 watt.it comes with a diffuser and concentrator all for 9.99! it does the job but i dont expect silky, straight or shiny results from a blow dryer. i use pinkskates tension teqnique. it is much better on my hair and i have virtually no breakage from blowdrying.

Ditto...I use this dryer for my hair and my niece (if I blow dry) and pinkskates tension method also. Gives me no problems...