Learning to Lean on Others

cocoberry10

Hello Ladies:

This is a subject that has (and probably still does) plague me. I have always been the type of person (and Christian) that always tries to be there for others. God has blessed me with the ability to speak a kind word or just be encouraging to others.

And God has blessed me with wonderful people in my life. Even some of the "trifling" people I have met in my life usually are loving towards me. However, I admit, that I haven't quite learned how to properly lean on others. It's not that I don't think people would be there for me, it's just that I haven't really learned how to allow them to be.

And this is something I feel God has been putting on my heart lately that I need to "step up my game" with.

I truly believe that while God wants us to love and trust Him fully, and while He wants us to be there for others, it's just as important to Him that we learn how to open up to others and allow others to "be there for us."

Am I the only one who genuinely struggles with this? If you have overcome this, or never struggled, please share your tips on how to allow others to be there for you when you need that word of encouragement, etc. THANKS!!!!:yep:

Highly Favored8

For me it is so hard to do this. However, I am stil learning b/c I now see that God uses some people right on time to help us in our time of need. I feel so sorry for others that I need to step back and watch and make sure I am not being taken advantage of. The problem is Jesus tells us to have compassion for our fellow man and to not be no ones fool. That is why I heavily dependent on the Holy Spirit for discernment in this areas of my life. I am getting better at it each and everyday!

Ivy_Butter

I have struggled with this also. I am just so independent and I hate to ask others for help. My mom tells me that if God didn't want me to call on others he wouldn't have put them in my life. Apart of it for me is just not wanting to inconvenience others.

plainj

For me it is so hard to do this. However, I am stil learning b/c I now see that God uses some people right on time to help us in our time of need. I feel so sorry for others that I need to step back and watch and make sure I am not being taken advantage of. The problem is Jesus tells us to have compassion for our fellow man and to not be no ones fool. That is why I heavily dependent on the Holy Spirit for discernment in this areas of my life. I am getting better at it each and everyday!
Can you show me where it says this in the word please? I struggle a little with walking in the fruit of the Spirit and and letting people run all over me. It's so frustrating at times b/c I don't know how to handle certain situations. Sometimes I want to revert back to the old me:naughty::lol:

phynestone

I struggle with it as well. I'm very careful not to let my personal and professional lives interfere b/c I've had too many people take advantage of my open and giving nature. I don't mind helping others, I'm just a LOT more guarded.

I continue to pray for the gift of discernment b/c of my giving nature. I lean on others, but again, I can be a little choosy. You can never be too careful.