Leave In

snookes

If your leave in has oils already in it do you still have to seal with oil? My leave in is a water based leave in but has some oils in it

Lately, I've been using aphogee keratin green tea leave-in and sealing with any oil I have within reach.

NaturallyATLPCH

I've been just sealing my ends with a butter instead of the whole strand (section) and my hair stays super moisturized. It's weird but it's working because regular sealing weighed my hair down.

I spray with a liquid leave in, followed by a cream, then a butter or pomade like substance on my ends. I have hardly any single strand knots and I'm type 4 with kinky strands, the most ssk prone.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
If my leave in leave my hair soft after drying alone , I dont feel the need to seal it.

The only two leave in conditioners that have done that is Shescentit Cranberry Cocktail and Sheamoisture Low Porosity Detangling Leave in conditioner. Hair dries soft , supple and a subtle sheen.

InBloom

In my new-growth
I use a moisturizing leave-in and have begun using a dry oil spray. Works well with my fine hair. Not weighed down.

Ajna

On wash day I use oil then water (rinse out the excess) then leave in
Any other way I use either or

almond eyes

I don't use extra oils. My products have enough oil. And when I used to use extra oil before, my pillow cases would be stained. I only use oil to make my hair pliable when I am wearing my hair stretched.

Plus my hair doesn't like the extra oils it doesn't soak in.

Best,
Almond Eyes

snookes

If your leave in has oils already in it do you still have to seal with oil? My leave in is a water based leave in but has some oils in it
Thank you for your replies Ladies I didn't realise. I get no red notifications.

almond eyes

Thank you for your replies Ladies I didn't realise. I get no red notifications.

Again, this all depends on your hair type. I have fine and low porosity hair. That type of hair doesn't like anything too heavy especially oils, creams or butter. Some women have a different hair type that absorbs oil very well. For my hair oil sits on top of it. You have to know the characteristic of your hair.

Best,
Almond Eyes

ParagonTresses

It depends on the weather for me. Hot and humid: I only use oil on wash day, not throughout the week. Cold and dry: I use oil daily when I moisturize just as a precaution.