Leave ins

God's Anointed

Hey i was just wondering. Do any relaxed ladies here use more than 5 leave ins in their hair when air drying? I do and my hair doesn't get weighed down after this. Also, this is the only thing that has worked for me to keep any moisture in my hair so far. Right now i mix about 6 different leave ins in my hair, both the creamy and the watery ones in the spray bottle. I also seal it with an oil. Anyway, does anyone else do this except me?

MizaniMami

5?! *In Chris Rock voice* Good Lawd, das a lot of leave-ins!

I use a creamy leave-in, seal with oil, and a layer of serum over the top of my hair.

Then after it airdries some I add some more creamy leave-in and oil, hold up, that's more than 5.:lol:

Radianthealth

I hardly ever wear my hair down so putting 5 leave ins in my hair is a common thing for me, I just keep adding product until it feels right:confused:

AtlantaJJ

See, ya'll ain't right. I'm a new product junkie... now I have to go home and count how many I'm using and if I'm missing some!

I use Headress, Fermodyl and a serum right now... after I dry I do an oil. So that's four? Dag I never counted before. My hair feels great afterwards tho, that's fer sure:lol:

Radianthealth

I am a product junkie so it is usually something like BB Moisturizing Cream and/or Organics Hair Mayonaise (For Protien) S-Curl Texturizer spray (for the roots), Organic Root Stimulator hair serum (for my hairline), Silk Elements Moisturizing Cream (For Moisture), Jojoba Oil & Castor Oil (To Seal and Thicken) and some S-Curl Texturizer jel to make my hairline lay down:look:

....I wish I was kidding, but I am afraid to omit anything

AtlantaJJ

trimbride said:
I am a product junkie so it is usually something like BB Moisturizing Cream and/or Organics Hair Mayonaise (For Protien) S-Curl Texturizer spray (for the roots), Organic Root Stimulator hair serum (for my hairline), Silk Elements Moisturizing Cream (For Moisture), Jojoba Oil & Castor Oil (To Seal and Thicken) and some S-Curl Texturizer jel to make my hairline lay down:look:

....I wish I was kidding, but I am afraid to omit anything

awww dag, I forgot the ORS Hairline stuff...and gel....uh oh I'm up to 6 now....

sareca

After towel drying I use Salerm 21 and Keracare Hairdress and that's it.

ETA: Ooops, I forgot Surge Moisture Plus (I use it before Keracare)

Last edited:

cassie in paris

Letitia said:
oh wow. I only use 1. What all are you using?

See? There's hope:lol:

I use 2: Infusium 23 mixed with EVOO and diluted water on wash days and Biolage Daily leave-in tonic almost every day

5 sounds like a lot to me but hey if it's working on you then I say keep it up!:)

Iluvsmuhgrass

ok. I told myself I wasn't gonna post in hurr :ohwell: but I couldn't help myself.

I'm a PJ and I love leave ins. There.... I said it. :cool:

I absolutely loooooooooove coconut oil, Miss Key 10 en 1 plus rinse, diamond oil (made by a company here in NC and it smells like candy. Really light texture), WGHO (looooooooove this stuff), S-curl (great for the dry kitchen and hairline), NTM serum (When I first started I used this stuff wrong and it didn't work.... since then it's been graaaaaaand!), and on occasion NTM leave in moisturizer and/or mousse. I think I'm going to buy the Hydra TLC smoothing whatever. I used my samples (shampoo, conditioner, and cream) this weekend and it was great! Ofcourse I used the hello hydration conditioner as a pre poo so I gotta get that too. :sekret:

mw138

I use the following:

On Wet Hair
1. Salerm 21
2. NTM Silk Touch Leave-In Cream (a very small amount - I LOVE the smell!)
3. Biosilk Therapy Treatment

On Dry Hair
1. Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter
2. Jojoba Oil

I've also just purchased some Alter Ego Cren, so when I start using that, I'll be using a total of 6 products! But I only use most of them when I wash my hair each week. The only things that I used everyday are the healthy hair butter & jojoba oil.

camellia

Wow! I only use one leave in at a time.

I use either Humectress or Aveda Elixir normally, and then I seal with some butter or oil.

I've gone to only using a creamy leave in on days that I wash my hair. If my hair feels dry or "needy" on a day I'm not washing I spray it with a little water and a few drops of oil.

Divine Inspiration

Wow...five seems like a LOT...if not a lot of work, just a lot of money on products.

The most I've ever used was 3, and I thought that was overkill.

Now I use 2...a liquid detangler and sealant and a creamy leave-in. I seal that up with oil, and I'm done. Anything more and my hair is weighed down and stiff.

Sometimes, less is more.

planodiva

Okay today I was looking at a new leave in conditioner because my beloved Infusium 23 has been in rotation since I was like 10. Anyone have opinions on Phillip B "Loving Me Leave N"

But I use Infusium 23 then seal my ends with a dab of conditioner with EVOO. So that is three

God's Anointed

I guess I'ma try using less leave in next time i wash but my hair is so dry...it's like the sahara desert plus extra dryness. I even tried adding oils and honey to my conditioner but nothing seems to be working. When i was back at home, my hair thrived. When i came here to school, it just wouldn't hold moisture for nothing.

P.S. Over here has hard water so i tried using Ion hard water shampoo and i'm not sure if it's working. Have any of you ladies tried it?

gymfreak336

I only use two things. I comb thru a big squirt of the pink sunsilk leave-in and a couple of pumps of elasta qp foam wrap.

LovelyLionessa

Hello, my name is Priestess and I use lots of leave-ins to airdry and style. :yep:

When I plan on flat ironing after drying, I use the following:
Fantasia IC Heat Protecting Serum
Rusk Smoother
Hask Straight Solution
WGO (looove this stuff!) :grin:

I am currectly in the process of experimenting with styling my hair in braidouts so my leave-ins will look like this:
Fantasia IC Olive Oil serum
Rusk Smoother
BTZ Noodlehead or Garnier Soft Curl Cream
WGO :D

Once my hair has been dried and styled, I use only a miminum of products to maintain my hair. In the a.m. I usually just oil my hair, and at night I might reach for a creamy leave-in like Silk Elements Leave-In for my ends and seal with oil. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. :cool:

Divine Inspiration

secretdiamond said:
OT: DI your hair looks great! Are you transitioning?

Girl, I don't know what I'm doing any more. :lol: I haven't had a relxer since last year, but I'm planning to relax next month. I'm not ready to be natural because I'm not ready to chop my hair off, and my hair is NOT cooperating with a long transition.

So...if I don't chicken out of my relaxer, then no, I'm not...but if I do, then yes, I am.

Thanks for the compliment though! :)

shunta

I only use one leave in: Elucence conditioner OR my new favorite, Giovanni Direct.:D I heard somewhere that less product gives you more "swang".

nadine1977canada

trimbride said:
I hardly ever wear my hair down so putting 5 leave ins in my hair is a common thing for me, I just keep adding product until it feels right:confused:

You and I are -->HERE<--
I do the same thing with my hair. I rarely wear it up. I have 7 leave -ins that i waltz back and forth to.:lol: That is why i did that post where I asked if some folks used Strickly S-curl as a leave in. I plan to use s- curl and care free curls and wear a shower cap at night. In the morning I will put some Quemet biologic Olive and Amla oil heavy cream. I think that will help me withstand winter.

LovelyLionessa

shunta said:
I only use one leave in: Elucence conditioner OR my new favorite, Giovanni Direct.:D I heard somewhere that less product gives you more "swang".

I've heard that too. I know that's what Macherieamour attributes to the secret of her hair success when it comes to "swangin'" hair. :grin:

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Are you ladies who use more than one leave in layering them or mixing them? I could't imagine how coated my hair would feel if I layered more than one leave-in.

LovelyLionessa

B_Phlyy said:
Are you ladies who use more than one leave in layering them or mixing them? I could't imagine how coated my hair would feel if I layered more than one leave-in.

I don't towel dry after washing, I just squeeze out the excess water and then apply my leave-ins. The wetness/dampness of my hair then helps to distribute the product better throughout the hair. It doesn't leave it the least bit coated. Dry hair for me can get coated in a hurry, if I overdo on product though, that's why I keep it light and concentrate on my ends.

Iluvsmuhgrass

I should have added that I apply more leave ins after I wash due to the fact that I air dry. When I air dry, I don't have to use heat.... afterwards it's mainly two to three leave-ins every 2-3 days with wgho/coconut oil daily. My hair at times gets incredibly dry and fickle (sometimes it adores being washed 3x's a week other times it wants me to leave it alone for 2 weeks.) It doesn't always call for all of the products (I use what I think it needs.) I wear my hair up mostly.... I don't worry as much about swingability because the products I use aren't weighty (except for the s-curl which is solely for the kitchen and new growf areas. Yes I said growf.)

I need sleep.:lol:

Ebonygurl00

Wouldn't so many leave-in dry your hair out over time? How often are you washing? When I would was every 4 days, I only used Elucence as a leave-in, and I would get build-up. I only use a little. I airdry only. I find my hair airdries better if I use a leave-in and a light gel. I wear my hair up all the time.

Luvableboo

I am in love with all of my Leave-ins that is the problem:eek: ...This is what I use In order...

After Wash...
Giovanni Direct, Elucence MB Conditioner, Mane N Tail Con. , Keracare Oil to seal, And NTM serum over all. In small amounts:grin: :grin:

Daily...
NTM silk touch leave in.. Keracare oil or NTM serum to seal it all

Suri

1-Saturate with Pantene (R&N) Wrap & Set Lotion <--my hair loves this.

2-Oil with Vatika

3-Seal with a dab Salon Selectives Loosley Defined or Keracare Wrap Foam to hold. airdry in a high bun.

ON alternate days I switch step 1. with infusium 23, step 2. with sweet almond oil

Later in the day after it dries, I may restyle with a touch of Kera care oil moisterizer if I feel like it. Gotta love that moisture. ;)