Leaving Conditioner in Overnight

Lindy

Does anyone do this???

I tried it for the first time last night, and my hair came out great!!

I put on a plastic cap and a regular cotton bandanna over that to protect my pillow. I washed it out this morning before work. I just put a little activator in it, and put it up (half up, half down) and went to work. It dried SOOO soft!! I can tell that the conditioner really did my hair good.

I'm thinking about doing this once a week. Do you think there could be negative effects from this??

Allandra

I do it all the time.

Lindy

Thanks Tebby, that's great to hear cuz I'm just LOVING how soft & bouncy my hair feels right now!!! I'm going to set it on my sponge rollers tonight with my SSLD so I can have some bouncy curls tomorrow!!!

Ladies, you all have GOT to try this!!!

Zuppy

Lindy,

Which conditioner did you use? Do you all think some might be to overpowering for the hair... like Kercar Humecto - would it be to moisturizing?
is there such a thing as too much moisture?

Lindy

Zuppy, I don't know if there's such a thing as too much moisture. My hair is relaxed AND color-treated, so I think it NEEDS all the moisture it can get!!!

Which conditioner did I use?? Well..... a while ago I won a bunch of conditioners on ebay... a whole box of "color conditioners" (the conditioners that come in boxes of haircolor) The lady I got them from never used them and just saved them up and I won the auction. Last night I mixed the Open conditioner with a Loreal. My hair feels like a baby doll's hair today...

karezone

There is such a thing as too much moisture. The hair gets so soft that it feels like it is melting and a bit spongy. I was just in ectasy when I finally figured out the proper mixture of protein and moisture for my hair.

karezone

I believes that it varies by individual. For example, when I first started leaving my conditioner in overnight it would be a regular deep conditioning treatment. Then my hair started to melt. It was so soft that it would not hold form. Then i realized that I needed some protein. So I shampooed applied some protein conditioner rinsed, and applied some Lekair Cholesterol. over night. I can not remember what protein it was that I used but it was in a little pack and it was rather strong. I remember being afraid to comb my hair because it felt really hard. But over night in lekair changed all of that.

Peachtree

I've just started this about 2 wks ago... I've been CO rinsing daily w/Lustrasilk Cholesterol. I put the conditioner on the night before & rinse in the morning. MY HAIR LOVES THIS ROUTINE
!!!
(although right now I'm dry styling).

I'm glad it works for u Lindy

Sweetyb

I'm glad you created this thead because I thought I was the only one. Actually, I've only done it once, by accident, and although my hair was soft and silky when I rinsed it out I still thought I made a terrible mistake--afterall, the label says "15 minutes", you know
. But I see that a lot of u ladies are getting great results from doing that, so I may try it again. The only thing is that I woke up "lightheaded" from the cap I was wearing... it may be a good idea to poke some ventilation holes in the plastic caps, I don't know how any of you ladies do it.

jrw

I do leave conditioner in my hair overnight at least once a week. That is the only way I deep condition my hair. I love it.

myco

My hair loves this, but my scalp hates it. I always wake up with an irritated scalp so I had to cut back on doing that. It really is a great way to deep condition, though. Wrapping a towel around your hair will help trap body heat and minimize some of the dripping on your pillows and neck.

Kaela

Do you apply the conditioner to damp hair or dry hair when you leave it on overnight? Does it make a difference? How does this compare to overnight oil treatments?

G

[ QUOTE ]
going to set it on my sponge rollers tonight with my SSLD

[/ QUOTE ]

Lindy, What's SSLD?

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
Do you apply the conditioner to damp hair or dry hair when you leave it on overnight? Does it make a difference? How does this compare to overnight oil treatments?

[/ QUOTE ]

Kaela, I didn't completely wet my hair (I didn't want to ruin my pillow with dripping water/conditioner); I just sprayed my hair with water until it was very damp, then I put the conditioner on. I'm not too sure about putting conditioner on dry hair...

I thought about doing a hot oil treatment overnight, but I decided to try the conditioner instead. I will probably do the hot oil another time though!!! I bet that works great, too.

MindyMouse,
SSLD is Salon Selectives Loosely Defined Styling Cream - it works SOOO great for roller setting!!!