Leaving Conditioner in Overnight

Discussion in 'Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion' started by Lindy, Sep 8, 2003.

1. Lindy

Lindy New Member

Blog Posts:
    Does anyone do this???

I tried it for the first time last night, and my hair came out great!!

I put on a plastic cap and a regular cotton bandanna over that to protect my pillow. I washed it out this morning before work. I just put a little activator in it, and put it up (half up, half down) and went to work. It dried SOOO soft!! I can tell that the conditioner really did my hair good.

I'm thinking about doing this once a week. Do you think there could be negative effects from this??

2. Tebby1017

Tebby1017 New Member

Blog Posts:
    I always leave conditioner on overnight..I have never had any bad effects.

Tebby

3. Allandra

Allandra Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I do it all the time. [​IMG]

4. Lindy

Lindy New Member

Blog Posts:
    Thanks Tebby, that's great to hear cuz I'm just LOVING how soft & bouncy my hair feels right now!!! I'm going to set it on my sponge rollers tonight with my SSLD so I can have some bouncy curls tomorrow!!! [​IMG]

Ladies, you all have GOT to try this!!! [​IMG]

5. Zuppy

Zuppy New Member

Blog Posts:
    Lindy,

Which conditioner did you use? Do you all think some might be to overpowering for the hair... like Kercar Humecto - would it be to moisturizing? [​IMG] is there such a thing as too much moisture?

6. Lindy

Lindy New Member

Blog Posts:
    Zuppy, I don't know if there's such a thing as too much moisture. My hair is relaxed AND color-treated, so I think it NEEDS all the moisture it can get!!! [​IMG]

Which conditioner did I use?? Well..... a while ago I won a bunch of conditioners on ebay... a whole box of "color conditioners" (the conditioners that come in boxes of haircolor) The lady I got them from never used them and just saved them up and I won the auction. Last night I mixed the Open conditioner with a Loreal. My hair feels like a baby doll's hair today... [​IMG]

7. karezone

karezone Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    There is such a thing as too much moisture. The hair gets so soft that it feels like it is melting and a bit spongy. I was just in ectasy when I finally figured out the proper mixture of protein and moisture for my hair.

8. Zuppy

Zuppy New Member

Blog Posts:
    [​IMG] Don't hold out Kerazone.... what is that combination?

9. karezone

karezone Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I believes that it varies by individual. For example, when I first started leaving my conditioner in overnight it would be a regular deep conditioning treatment. Then my hair started to melt. It was so soft that it would not hold form. Then i realized that I needed some protein. So I shampooed applied some protein conditioner rinsed, and applied some Lekair Cholesterol. over night. I can not remember what protein it was that I used but it was in a little pack and it was rather strong. I remember being afraid to comb my hair because it felt really hard. But over night in lekair changed all of that.

10. Teva

Teva New Member

Blog Posts:
    I do it also and it leaves my hair really moist and nice.

[​IMG]

11. Peachtree

Peachtree New Member

Blog Posts:
    I've just started this about 2 wks ago... I've been CO rinsing daily w/Lustrasilk Cholesterol. I put the conditioner on the night before & rinse in the morning. MY HAIR LOVES THIS ROUTINE [​IMG]!!!
    (although right now I'm dry styling).

I'm glad it works for u Lindy [​IMG]

12. Sweetyb

Sweetyb Active Member

Blog Posts:
    I'm glad you created this thead because I thought I was the only one. Actually, I've only done it once, by accident, and although my hair was soft and silky when I rinsed it out I still thought I made a terrible mistake--afterall, the label says "15 minutes", you know [​IMG] . But I see that a lot of u ladies are getting great results from doing that, so I may try it again. The only thing is that I woke up "lightheaded" from the cap I was wearing... it may be a good idea to poke some ventilation holes in the plastic caps, I don't know how any of you ladies do it.

13. jrw

jrw New Member

Blog Posts:
    I do leave conditioner in my hair overnight at least once a week. That is the only way I deep condition my hair. I love it.

14. myco

myco New Member

Blog Posts:
    My hair loves this, but my scalp hates it. I always wake up with an irritated scalp so I had to cut back on doing that. It really is a great way to deep condition, though. Wrapping a towel around your hair will help trap body heat and minimize some of the dripping on your pillows and neck.

15. Kaela

Kaela New Member

Blog Posts:
    Do you apply the conditioner to damp hair or dry hair when you leave it on overnight? Does it make a difference? How does this compare to overnight oil treatments?

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Blog Posts:
    [ QUOTE ]
    going to set it on my sponge rollers tonight with my SSLD

[/ QUOTE ]

Lindy, What's SSLD?

17. Lindy

Lindy New Member

Blog Posts:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Do you apply the conditioner to damp hair or dry hair when you leave it on overnight? Does it make a difference? How does this compare to overnight oil treatments?

[/ QUOTE ]

Kaela, I didn't completely wet my hair (I didn't want to ruin my pillow with dripping water/conditioner); I just sprayed my hair with water until it was very damp, then I put the conditioner on. I'm not too sure about putting conditioner on dry hair...

I thought about doing a hot oil treatment overnight, but I decided to try the conditioner instead. I will probably do the hot oil another time though!!! I bet that works great, too. [​IMG]

MindyMouse,
    SSLD is Salon Selectives Loosely Defined Styling Cream - it works SOOO great for roller setting!!!