Leaving conditioner in your hair is great, but...

I don't knock a sister for slathering her hair with conditioner.
I don't knock a sister for leaving said conditioner in her hair while she goes out to run errands.
But, why would you go out and do shopping in a woman's clothing store, with your hair full of conditioner and no cap/scarf/covering, etc????!!! :eek: :eek: :confused: :confused:
(I saw this yesterday when I was clothes shopping)

kreeme

You can take the girl out of the hood, but you can't take the hood out of the girl. :lol: She know she was wrong for that. She could have at least tied a scarf around her head.

Shoot, I got one better for you. I saw a black lady in the parking garage at work the other day. Now I work in a corporate building...tons of white people there. Anyway, she gets out of the car with rollers (the sponge ones) in her head, a plastic bag over the rollers...one of those masks that doctors use over her nose and mouth. I'm not going to get on to her about the tennis shoes with the work gear...maybe she was going to take a walk or something. So I'm looking at her like, what in the hell?! :eek: Anyway, she proceeds to the elevator, where there are 4 white people in their suites :nono: and she gets in the elevator and pulls off the bag, snags the rollers out of her head and pops them in her see thru bag, takes the mask off...starts fluffing her hair out in the mirrors on the elevator. They were all just staring at her and she looked at us like WE were crazy. :lol:

blackbarbie

O.K. I still have this conditioner in my head from yestserday and I PROMISE that when I go out today, I will keep my plastic cap on my head!!!:lachen: :lachen:

No, but on a serious note, you mean she was out with no shame fully and intentionally shopping with her conditioner in her hair like it was no problem, huh? No, don't think I would have gone there. I'll just resign myself to the house today until I rinse this conditioner out of my hair.....

Caramela

kreeme said:
You can take the girl out of the hood, but you can't take the hood out of the girl. :lol: She know she was wrong for that. She could have at least tied a scarf around her head.

Shoot, I got one better for you. I saw a black lady in the parking garage at work the other day. Now I work in a corporate building...tons of white people there. Anyway, she gets out of the car with rollers (the sponge ones) in her head, a plastic bag over the rollers...one of those masks that doctors use over her nose and mouth. I'm not going to get on to her about the tennis shoes with the work gear...maybe she was going to take a walk or something. So I'm looking at her like, what in the hell?! :eek: Anyway, she proceeds to the elevator, where there are 4 white people in their suites :nono: and she gets in the elevator and pulls off the bag, snags the rollers out of her head and pops them in her see thru bag, takes the mask off...starts fluffing her hair out in the mirrors on the elevator. They were all just staring at her and she looked at us like WE were crazy. :lol:

:lachen: get outta here!!! I'm trying to figure out what the doctor's mask was for though... :lol:

SweetCaramel1

kreeme said:

that was hilarious!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: she should be ashamed of herself

ChunHyang

Some people just don't care. With how bad I've seen some people walking around with their hair looking, things like this just don't phase me anymore. And we have no idea what is going on in her head.
Maybe she thought the air would affect how the conditioner worked in her hair, and she thought going to a women's clothing store would be a place where she wouldn't be judged as opposed to...a bar. We just don't know.

kreeme

Nita81 said:
You and me both :lol:

Our building had some construction going on, but it wasn't IN the parking garage, so I don't know. Looked to me like she pulled up and parked with all of that mess on. :confused: I saw her again this morning. I need to bring my camera and send her picture in to Glamor for the "Don't" section. :lol:

sky_blu

:look: I tried to do this before but with a cap and it was too much so I had to wash it lol. Conditioner everywhere but in my head. :ohwell:

*ElleB

kreeme said:

NOOO! :lol: I cannot believe she did that :eek: She should have at least done that in her car!

*ElleB

anatomicallycorrect said:
I don't knock a sister for slathering her hair with conditioner.
I don't knock a sister for leaving said conditioner in her hair while she goes out to run errands.
But, why would you go out and do shopping in a woman's clothing store, with your hair full of conditioner and no cap/scarf/covering, etc????!!! :eek: :eek: :confused: :confused:
(I saw this yesterday when I was clothes shopping)

:eek:

Wow, that is....I dunno what to say! :lol:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Caramela said:
:lachen: get outta here!!! I'm trying to figure out what the doctor's mask was for though... :lol:

Yeah, me too. What was the doctor's mask for? The damage was already done...:lol:

RabiaElaine

kreeme said:

:lachen: That's hilarious...a similar situation happened to me a few months ago. I had braids in my hair a few months ago and every few days I would put covered sponge rollers on the ends to keep the ends curly. Anyway I live in a very uppity white suburban town 50 miles from NYC. Anyway I take the regional Metro North train into Manhattan everday for work. So sometimes if I was rushing I would take out the rollers while I was driving.

Anyway one day I must have missed one and didn't realize. When I get onto the platform...I'm minding my own business when a very nice white lady approaches me and says, "Ummm Miss, I think you forgot one of your curlers in your hair." Mortified:eek: , I reach to where she is pointing and pull it out. She smiles at me and says, "It's ok, these things happen to us women in the name of beauty."

:lachen: