Left side grows slower than right side

lanihenderson

Hi all,

I am new to the board and soaking up all of the good advice and energy. As long as of noticed the left side of my hair grows significantly slower than the right. Has anyone else experienced this?

Lani

LongHairDreams

my hair is the opposite. The left grows faster then the right. At first I thought it was because I sleep mostly on my right side. But, I wear a silk scarf at night and sleep on a satin pillow case. My scarf is so tight, that sucker doesn't move. (ouch). If you look at my fotki, you will see my lopsided afro that I evened out.

nicki6

This is quite common. DO NOT cut it as long as its healthy. Eventually it will all even up.

You may want to baby the side thats shorter with more care or a growth aide.

MonaLisa

Hi all,

I am new to the board and soaking up all of the good advice and energy. As long as of noticed the left side of my hair grows significantly slower than the right. Has anyone else experienced this?

Lani

Yup....that was me...2006....right side made it past apl....left side was below shoulder....had to get the right side trimmed/cut to the length of the left side to even it out. It just looked too off length wise not to cut it.

It hurt. I still remember it...but it had to be done.

Like Nicki said, try to nurture that side so it can catch up.

lanihenderson

This is quite common. DO NOT cut it as long as its healthy. Eventually it will all even up.

Sounds good, because it is also really fragile. As a matter of fact, I'm all messed up:wallbash:. Glad I found the site, I'm on a journey now!

LongHairDreams

Im not going to cut it ever again because my afro is lopsided again!!:wallbash: I have started using growth aids....and I just got my package of boundless tresses. I can't wait to see how that works.

lanihenderson

Im not going to cut it ever again because my afro is lopsided again!!:wallbash: I have started using growth aids....and I just got my package of boundless tresses. I can't wait to see how that works.

What is boundless tresses? I have Hair Formula 37, 5mg of biotin Msm and fish oils, what are you using? How long on your journey?

locabouthair

ditto. try moisturizing that side more and massaging that side.

ALWAYZL8

I have the same problem, but my hair has been doing this since I was a child. I think that my right side just grows faster for whatever reason. I even tried changing the direction of my wrap at night...didn't work. You can even notice it on my avatar.

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
Mine grows the opposite way naturally but I found that since I started paying more attention to the right side of my hair, treating it more gently, putting conditioner on it more gently and massaging the right side, and doing low manipulation, it has grown more and has almost caught up to the left. The marked difference inlength that I used to see in my pics isn't there anymore. It does need to fill out some more. This suggests to me that there was too much manipulation in that area and that was I treating it nearly as gently as I should have been. You might be having the same issue. Try handling it differently and see what happens.

kbfluff

This is crazy, because I thought that my right side grew faster than my left, but I would always noticed that the shorter left side had alot of ng, more than the faster right side.
Sooo anyways once I started caring for my hair & met LHCF I noticed that my left side actually grew faster than my right, but the left side broke off faster.
So now, my left side is longer than my right side...only by 1/2 an inch tho so it's not that noticable, just I know.
Only problem now is that my right side is still thicker than my left side. Left side is longer, but thinner.
We shall see what 2008s growth brings.