• It is more difficult to increase thickness

Votes: 134 50.2%
  • I prefer long hair

Votes: 88 33.0%
  • I prefer thick hair

Votes: 161 60.3%

• Total voters

IMFOCSD

Is it more difficult/challenging to grow your hair or gain thickness? I have noticed my hair is getting thicker but it is not growing that much. Now that I think about it I actually would rather my hair be thick instead of it being super long. Would you prefer your hair real thick and full or long (not thin or real thick)?

WhipEffectz1

I would rather my hair be thick than long anyday!! There's just something so unattractive about stringy see through long hair!

Last edited:

CaliJen

I would prefer thick hair..... especially since this is my current hair goal to add more thickness to my already thin hair:eek:

IMFOCSD

Hey ladies:wave:

I would love it if my hair would get long and be super thick but at the rate my hair is going it seems as if i have to settle for thickness:cool:. But thats cool because thick hair looks nice on me (I think). :look:

LocksOfLuV

A lot of people seem to think that if your hair isn't thick then it is see-through. Not so. All hair that isn't thick is not nec. see-through.

Personally I don't care how thick/thin my hair is as long as it isn't stringy or see-through. I don't really consider my hair thick (but it not thin either) but it isn't see-through so it doesn't bother me.

With that being said, I would rather have length, then massive thickness. I flat iron it bone straight anyways, and if I wanted a reaaaaally thick look I would just rollerset it.

VeryBecoming

Devil's Avocado
I think thickness is the hardest thing to obtain. I would be happy with my current length if it was just thicker.

la flaca

Thicker & healthy hair anyday!!!
I've been blessed with long hair all my life but never apprecieted until I decide to stop relaxing and join this forum. My goal is thicker hair but after seen all you guys do for your hair to grow it, I think I need to thank God for everiything including my hair getting thinner because now I can see/feel my blessings and I am gratefull.

Sorry if I went overboard and went way too personal but I just needed to share it:look:

jwhitley6

oh!....we're talking about hair :grin: . I think length is most difficult for me to achieve, since I'm satisfied with the thickness. I would say in general that thickness would be most difficult to achieve if you don't already have it. I think genetics play a larger role in strand thickness (and density) than length. JMHO.

Aubergold

LocksOfLuV said:
A lot of people seem to think that if your hair isn't thick then it is see-through. Not so. All hair that isn't thick is not nec. see-through.

Personally I don't care how thick/thin my hair is as long as it isn't stringy or see-through. I don't really consider my hair thick (but it not thin either) but it isn't see-through so it doesn't bother me.

With that being said, I would rather have length, then massive thickness. I flat iron it bone straight anyways, and if I wanted a reaaaaally thick look I would just rollerset it.

pretty much cosigning. I have medium thickness. I'm going for length, esp after seen kinikakes' hair.

But I'll admit, when I see Lauren450's hair, sometimes I curse out my genes.

IMFOCSD

Girl, you are right some people do feel that if your hair is not thick then it is see through. I was actually comparing real thick hair vs hair that is long and some what thick. You know how you see some people and say (to yourself) her hair is so thick or you see a person and say her hair is so long. Would you prefer thicker hair over longer hair. I did not put see through hair on here because I know that ladies usually would not prefer see through or thin hair.

Thanks
sweetcoco

WhipEffectz1

I actually think in terms of basic thin or basic thick hair. When I say thick, I don't mean ultra thick or whatever and the same thing goes for thin hair. I think that stringy hair is a step or two below thin hair. Other than that, I will still take thickness over length any day!

LocksOfLuV

RavenIvygurl said:
pretty much cosigning. I have medium thickness. I'm going for length, esp after seen kinikakes' hair.

But I'll admit, when I see Lauren450's hair, sometimes I curse out my genes.

Yeah, I think thick is relative to people indiv.

When I think thick, I think, Jcoily, Lauren, Dsylla, Redhotlala, and LondonDiva (there are plenty more but those are who I can think of).

But then I think healthy (but DEF. not thin) I think, Sistaslick, Kini, Candy_C, Silvergirl, Sylver, JamericanDiva, Camellia, and looooots more.

I hardly ever see any really thin long hair here.

LocksOfLuV

sweetcoco said:
Girl, you are right some people do feel that if your hair is not thick then it is see through. I was actually comparing real thick hair vs hair that is long and some what thick. You know how you see some people and say (to yourself) her hair is so thick or you see a person and say her hair is so long. Would you prefer thicker hair over longer hair. I did not put see through hair on here because I know that ladies usually would not prefer see through or thin hair.

Thanks
sweetcoco

I would hope not!:lachen:

IMFOCSD

I think your hairs thickness can increase even if you have had thin hair for a long time. Look at JenniferMD's fotki her hair increased in thickness by like 3 or 4 times:cool:. I could not believe it but her hair gives me so much inspiration.

locabouthair

I really want both but right now I rather have thickness. i think thickness is more important because it's one of the signs of heatlhy hair and just because your hair is long doesnt mean it's healthy.

MrsHouston

CaliJen said:
I would prefer thick hair..... especially since this is my current hair goal to add more thickness to my already thin hair:eek:

CaliJen, your sew-in pony looks so natural. It's beautiful girl!

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
First I want thickness, then I want length. Right now my hair has broken off and is in terrible shape, so thickness is what I'm after right now.

e$h

I'd prefer thickness over length anyday. But of course after the thickness is achieved, I want the length to follow.:grin:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I'd rather have short, thick and luscious (sp) hair over long and thin hair

Isis

sweetcoco said:
Is it more difficult/challenging to grow your hair or gain thickness? I have noticed my hair is getting thicker but it is not growing that much. Now that I think about it I actually would rather my hair be thick instead of it being super long. Would you prefer your hair real thick and full or long (not thin or real thick)?

When I started my journey here in 2003, my goal was (and still is) for healthy hair. I didn't know what to expect but I noticed my hair got thicker first before showing length, especially the rest of 2003. It grew out first, especially when I dropped all heat cold turkey.

I noticed since then my hair goes through spurts, grows out (thicker) then down again (length) in the form of "tails" (there are threads about the "tails"). I love having healthy, thick hair no matter what the length and as it grows longer too, that's a plus! :up:

Naphy

I would say Thickness all the way ^^
I think is more beautiful to have a short & thick hair than a thin long hair...

seraphinelle

My hair seems to be getting thicker, because the front is catching up with the back. And my hair is becoming all one length.

I'd take both though. Although I think when my hair gets longer, it gets thicker too.

lennet93

I would prefer thickeness over length. When I was younger my hair was sooo thick, now I have no idea what happened:(. I was telling my mom how thin my hair has gotten and she was like thats because you relax your hair, I think I have to agree with her (thoughts of going natural running around in my head...lol).