Let's start a mixologist thread!!!

Kirei

I know a lot of us make our own products or add "a little this or that" to products. Let's make a thread about what we mixed!

If there is already a thread like this please link it, I searched and found nothing.

Even if you just add castor oil to your conditioner, post it. And tell us how it worked, what you didn't like, what you would change etc.

Also, if you have an herb or oil you want to buy or have bought, list it and we can tell you if we have tried it and how!!

So, what did you mix up/doctor up today?

:)

My mix yesterday : fresh avocado, coconut milk, herbal henna, nettle powder, honey, vegetal glycerine, maka, kalpi tone, and Aubrey Organic conditioner... Very nice result : hair very soft and manageable ! But next time I will crush the avocado more thinly.

Mixture#1: an equal amount of Mixed Chicks leave-in conditioner with Pureology essential repair leave-in condtioner. In my opinion, Mixed chicks leave-in doesn't do much without it.

Mixture #2: Hairveda Sitrinillah (sp?) deep conditioner with Avocado Oil, This mixture is fabulous!

Made some flax seed gel today and added some argan oil and cupuacu butter to make it creamy. Going to use it to do two strand flat twist today.

Sent from my VM670 using VM670

i mix apple cider vinegar with spring water, rosemary, peppermint, and sage for an herbal scalp rinse that my hair loves!

Good idea for a thread!

My staple conditioner mix is:
-Mizani Intense moisture
-EVOO
-JBCO
-Avocado oil
- possibly a touch of whatever condish I am trying to use up
The oils are crucial. My hair thrives when I use oils in my conditioners. This mix always leaves my hair feeling amazing. Its the instant cure for when I accidentally use to much protein. In the future I may consider adding a bit of silk amino acid (SAA).

What I want to know is...does anyone have a recipe for a liquid leave in mix using panthenol and/or SAA?

i mix apple cider vinegar with spring water, rosemary, peppermint, and sage for an herbal scalp rinse that my hair loves!

Definitely going to try this one.

I still haven't tested my cream gel out. Babysitting my niece and nephews all day. If I'm not too tired I'll try it tonight.

Definitely going to try this one.

I still haven't tested my cream gel out. Babysitting my niece and nephews all day. If I'm not too tired I'll try it tonight.

this rinse has cured my ever itchy scalp. i have been using it for a few years now with alot of success.

Here are a few of my mixes:

- Hairveda SitriNillah + pumpkin, camellia seed, grape seed, sesame, almond, wheat germ

- Darcy’s Botanicals Daily Leave-in/Peach Kernel Hydrating Milk + wheat germ, pumpkin, camellia seed

- Darcy’s Botanicals Transitioning Creme + almond, grape seed, sesame

- Shescentit Avocado/Oyin Honey Hemp + jojoba, macadamia

- Bear Fruit Hair Cotton (Marshmallow) Cream/Yarrow Hibiscus + jojoba

- Water Spritz: distilled water, bergamot, clary sage, thyme, peppermint, vitamin e

- Sealant: castor, wheat germ, camellia seed, rice bran, emu, sesame, apricot kernel, pumpkin, macadamia

- Protein Treatment: Neutral Protein Filler + Mendex Hair Repair Treatment

PJaye is emu oil worth the price?? I always click on it then see the price. It never makes it inside my cart.

@PJaye is emu oil worth the price?? I always click on it then see the price. It never makes it inside my cart.

@LuvlyRain3

I like to think that it does.

I use it because of its moisturizing (its rich in fatty acids), penetrative (it’s able to infiltrate all layers of the skin, as well as carry other compounds/nutrients with it for deeper penetration and better efficacy) and rejuvenating properties – it is said that it has the ability to revitalize skin cells and wake up lifeless hair follicles to the anagen (growth) phase. The only other substance that is able to penetrate all seven layers of the skin is fresh aloe vera gel from a live plant; castor and mink oil are able to reach the third layer.

I only use it in my sealant mixture since I apply it throughout my hair. I bought 4oz more than six months ago, and I still have 2oz left.

@PJaye is emu oil worth the price?? I always click on it then see the price. It never makes it inside my cart.

I hope you don't mind me chiming in. I keep a bottle on hand always. Its too expensive to use as an all over sealant so I use it on my scalp. For a week post relaxer or anytime my scalp is sensitive or itchy I use emu oil on it. Its very soothing and healing.

My personal moisturizer: shea butter, mango butter, EVOO, glycerin, castor oil, jojoba oil, and coconut oil. It makes my hair SUPER soft and swaaaaaaaaaangable!.

I've had my eye on a few products in particular :
-Avocado oil/butter
-Argan oil
-Hemp Seed oil
-Grapeseed oil
-Sweet Almond oil

For my weekly overnight DC's I use:

4 Tablespoons Cantu Shea Butter Leave In
1 Tablespoon Creme of Nature Lemongrass and Rosemary Leave In
2 Tablespoons Whole Leaf Aloe Vera Juice
2 Tablespoons Cold Pressed EVOO
1 Tablespoon Honey

For my weekly final rinse I use:

2 cups cold steeped green tea
2 tablespoons ACV

This has kept my hair so soft after blow drying and flat ironing.

Made some flax seed gel today and added some argan oil and cupuacu butter to make it creamy. Going to use it to do two strand flat twist today.

I plan to order some cupuacu butter, I keep hearing that it is awesomeness. I also want to try Illipe butter and avocado butter as well.

I mix a little wheat germ oil with alter ego garlic condish for my after shampoo dc...

I love wheat germ oil, I don't mix a DC without it!!

My personal moisturizer: shea butter, mango butter, EVOO, glycerin, castor oil, jojoba oil, and coconut oil. It makes my hair SUPER soft and swaaaaaaaaaangable!.

I've had my eye on a few products in particular :
-Avocado oil/butter
-Argan oil
-Hemp Seed oil
-Grapeseed oil
-Sweet Almond oil

I love mango butter, I bet it is awesome with glycerin! My hair loves mango butter, it may be a butter I think it moisturizes. I just won't believe otherwise! :lol:

Here is what I mixed together on Thursday and loved it!!! I'll add pictures as soon as I upload them to my comp off the camera.

Recipe:
Yields 4 oz. of Deep Conditioner
3.5 oz. conditioner (I used Aloe & Chamomile Detangling Conditioner)
1/4 tspn. Honey
1/4 tspn. Molasses
1/4 tspn. Wheatgerm Oil
1/8 tspn. Fenugreek Powder
1/8 tspn. Amla
1/8 tspn. Neem Leaf Powder (doesn't have the stinky smell that the oil has)
1/8 tspn. Brahmi Oil
*Optional 5 drops of Peppermint Oil
My hair feels so nice!! I made 4 oz. and have about 1-2 oz. left and will be using it again this week on wash day! I like that with small amounts, I can use it more often without worrying about any ill effects.

Here are the results of the Ayurvedic DC:

This was may hair on Saturday Night: Check the shine!! :) (Sorry for the huge picture!! It won't resize in PB...SMH...)
PICT4459a.jpg

Last edited:
Restorative Buttercream :lick:

Komaza care Kalifa Moisturizing cream
Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose
Cupuacu Butter
Shea Butter
Panthenol
silk amino acids
emu oil
2 Vials Kerastase Vita Ciment

Vita Ciment strengthening mist:grin:

2-3 Vials Kerastase Vita Ciment
Rosewater
Silk amino acids
Panthenol

I just mixed a lot of coconut oil with Kalpi tone powder. I will let it sit then drain the oil and put it in my deep conditioner.

Mix 1 - powdered SAA w/ rosewater
Mix 2 - Wheatgerm, avocado and olive oil for DC
Mix 3 - Wheatgerm, avocado, olive, hemp, coconut and amla for Oil treatments
That's all folks:yep:

Here are a few of my mixes:

- Hairveda SitriNillah + pumpkin, camellia seed, grape seed, sesame, almond, wheat germ

- Darcy’s Botanicals Daily Leave-in/Peach Kernel Hydrating Milk + wheat germ, pumpkin, camellia seed

- Darcy’s Botanicals Transitioning Creme + almond, grape seed, sesame

- Shescentit Avocado/Oyin Honey Hemp + jojoba, macadamia

- Bear Fruit Hair Cotton (Marshmallow) Cream/Yarrow Hibiscus + jojoba

- Water Spritz: distilled water, bergamot, clary sage, thyme, peppermint, vitamin e

- Sealant: castor, wheat germ, camellia seed, rice bran, emu, sesame, apricot kernel, pumpkin, macadamia

- Protein Treatment: Neutral Protein Filler + Mendex Hair Repair Treatment
Wow, I never heard of a lot of these oil you are using! I need to do some research STAT!

My version of WEN:

Suave Professionals (Almond or Rosemary Mint)
Aloe Vera Gel (for sunburn to prevent mold)
Rosemary essential oil
Bergamot essential oil
Peppermint essential oil

20 drops of each oil in the Suave, add 1/2 cup Aloe gel llike Fruit of the Earth, mix well. It will turn very liquidy. Pour into bottle, shake, allow to set. It will gel-up again.

Rinse hair in shower with tepid water until all hair is very saturated. Scritch scalp to loosen debris. Apply handfull Faux WEN to top, handful to back underneath, handfuls to either side of head. Gently scrub into scalp then pull down through ends of hair. Apply another handful to overall hair. Massage for 5 min. Allow to set into hair, take shower, then rinse Faux WEN for 5 to 10 minutes. You hair should be well-conditioned with a very clean scalp. Apply a little mix to rinsed hair, apply some oil like Hot SIX and a style creme to hair. You're ready to go.

Ladies, I get very oily hair really quickly after shampooing. My hair is not only non-greasy, but my scalp is clean and fresh-smelling....2.5 weeks after!!! It's a keeper!

1. Shea butter, castor oil, olive oil,tea tree EO, aloe vera gel: Sealant

2. Water, glycerin, aloe vera gel, tea tree EO, castor oil: Leave/refresher

3. I also add castor or olive oil to all of my DCs.

I loooooooooooooove tea tree EO.:grin:

Back