The Mixtress Thread

NitaChantell

Hello all, I hope you're having a great weekend so far! & I pray that all goes well for any government workers:perplexed

This thread is for those of us who mix our own hair products!

What hair products do you make on your own?
What's in them?
Where do you store them?
Where do you purchase your ingredients?

I'll start =))

I make my own version of Kimmay Tube's Leave In:
4oz Knot Today
4oz Aloe Vera GEL [not juice :drunk:]
2 Tbsp Castor Oil
2 Tbsp Grapeseed Oil
1 Tbsp Glycerin
A few drops of Tea Tree Oil

I also make my own Shea Butter Cream:
16oz Shea Butter [room temp]
4 Tbsp Castor Oil
2 Tbsp Grapeseed Oil
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Aloe Vera Gel
1 Tbsp Glycerin

I store everything in the fridge, and I purchase the Shea Butter at my BS, and everything else at an Herb Store.

Tiye

Fragrant butters and oils. Conditioning treatments for hair and skin, etc. I also dabble in makeup.

What's in them?

Lots of things. I have scads of herbs, usually have shea, cocoa and mango butter in stock. And I use different carrier oils and essential oils depending on how I feel. I experiment with different things.

Where do you store them?

Spread out between the kitchen, office and basement ... and the "home spa" aka bathroom. I have a separate fridge (small) for stuff that needs to be refrigerated. A better organization plan is in progress. :)

Mostly from online vendors. I get some oils locally at whole foods or from other health food stores.

MzSwift

I'd love to be able to mix my own products from scratch. I'm just a novice right now. I use a regular product as a base and then mix in powders and oils to make what I need.

I did make a shea/cocoa butter/EVOO mix for our skin but I can't stand the smell of shea butter so I use it infrequently.

snookes

Hello all, I hope you're having a great weekend so far! & I pray that all goes well for any government workers:perplexed

This thread is for those of us who mix our own hair products!

What's in them?
Where do you store them?

I'll start =))

I make my own version of Kimmay Tube's Leave In:
4oz Knot Today
4oz Aloe Vera GEL [not juice :drunk:]
2 Tbsp Castor Oil
2 Tbsp Grapeseed Oil
1 Tbsp Glycerin

I also make my own Shea Butter Cream:
16oz Shea Butter [room temp]
4 Tbsp Castor Oil
2 Tbsp Grapeseed Oil
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Aloe Vera Gel
1 Tbsp Glycerin

I store everything in the fridge, and I purchase the Shea Butter at my BS, and everything else at an Herb Store.
I mix shea butter, coconut oil, aloe vera gel, some other oil depending what I have in at the time, giovanni direct leave in and Lush's R&B for my hair.