LHCF Hair experts help.. Im disgusted

Tamrin

unapologetic
Today I went to wash. I used Aveda Sap moss the pre-poo and and poo and con.. ok let me give you back ground.. Im relaxed and 6 inched of my hair is colored (Im growing it out) and I used to get my hair blown out every two weeks. Since February I have been taking a more active part on this board using no heat and doing my hair myself and stretching my relaxers now i have been experiencing shedding (Im at 7 weeks). Since last week I experienced dryness and I went clarified and conditioned and bought elasta mango butter. Since then I was seeing a little less shedding.. I know now I needed more moisture. Well after washing today Im detangling I see some breakage hairs left in a the comb. well feeling a bit annoyed and curious.. I took about 30 strands of hair between my fingers about 1.25 inches of the end and tugged they all broke together:imstupid:.. I feel like and idiot for spending money on good products when I feel like my colored 1/2 of hair is so badly damaged that I may need to just chop it off..do a big cut and start over. Im soo annoyed. what do you think I should do. Should I be patien and baby my hair some more? what do you guys think.

seymone

I am bumping for ya

IMO if your hair just snapped like that then first, I would do an Aphogee treatment (hardcore one) or just cut it off becaue you do not want to have the damaged travel up along the length of your hair.

FlawedBeauty

Hi! Soory to hear this!

Do you have fine hair? Also, how are you drying your hair and are you using any other products besides the Mango Butter?

Tamrin

unapologetic
I am bumping for ya

IMO if your hair just snapped like that then first, I would do an Aphogee treatment (hardcore one) or just cut it off becaue you do not want to have the damaged travel up along the length of your hair.

I did 3 weeks ago I will try this weekend...I do see a difference in texture my the dark 4.5 inches of hair post LHCF is nice and thick u can see a visible difference ..

Tamrin

unapologetic
Hi! Soory to hear this!

Do you have fine hair? Also, how are you drying your hair and are you using any other products besides the Mango Butter?

I use all aveda as for washing and I used to use Ors carot oil and seal with coconut oil and jbco. I used BT on my scalp 2 times a week. my ng is healthy. I have fine hair in the back but my breakage was in front Im a 3b/4a

ajoyfuljoy

also sorry to hear about this. I know I got highlights in my hair a couple of years ago and it really was the straw that broke the camel's back for my hair. It just really pushed it over the edge, I lost a lot of hair and my hair was really straggely lookin. I just had to keep cutting it off until I got it all off my head. So I'm really feelin ya.

Maybe you just want to try to keep treating it as gently as possible and keep cutting it off slowly. Hopefully you won't have to BC if you baby it enough.

If I were you, that 1.5 inches that just ripped out your head, I'd probably just try to get those 1.5 to 2 inches chopped off and go from there. Take it one month at a time and be patient because it won't always be like that.

Are you DCing? I just learned a month ago that I'd been DCing with conditioners that weren't DCers. You want to check the instructions and make sure that it says to leave it on for at least 10-15 min. with a cap on, preferably under a dryer, that should help. I just Miss Keys 10 en 1, a dominican conditioner. It's a greally great DCer and it calls itself a super conditioner.

The great thing though is that as your new hair grows it, it will be so strong and healthy. It will really make you feel great about yourself and it'll show you that it's happy.

Tamrin

unapologetic
also sorry to hear about this. I know I got highlights in my hair a couple of years ago and it really was the straw that broke the camel's back for my hair. It just really pushed it over the edge, I lost a lot of hair and my hair was really straggely lookin. I just had to keep cutting it off until I got it all off my head. So I'm really feelin ya.

Maybe you just want to try to keep treating it as gently as possible and keep cutting it off slowly. Hopefully you won't have to BC if you baby it enough.

If I were you, that 1.5 inches that just ripped out your head, I'd probably just try to get those 1.5 to 2 inches chopped off and go from there. Take it one month at a time and be patient because it won't always be like that.

Are you DCing? I just learned a month ago that I'd been DCing with conditioners that weren't DCers. You want to check the instructions and make sure that it says to leave it on for at least 10-15 min. with a cap on, preferably under a dryer, that should help. I just Miss Keys 10 en 1, a dominican conditioner. It's a greally great DCer and it calls itself a super conditioner.

The great thing though is that as your new hair grows it, it will be so strong and healthy. It will really make you feel great about yourself and it'll show you that it's happy.

I do DC...I would normally use ORS Mayo or Miss Keys. Since Im in the aveda challange I have been using damage remedy.

ajoyfuljoy

well it sounds like you're doing a lot of great things for your hair. I'd just encourage you not to give up. You'll get through this, your LHCF sistas are backin you up!