LHCF STAPLES - that Don't work for you???

BklynHeart

Mega-Tek

Dominican products

Coconut oil- my hair starts breaking
shea butter( If its mixed in a light moisturizer its ok) but alone :nono:
glycerin and water
aloe vera gel

Aussie Moist Ewwwwww My hair felt like I put sea weed in it. I did not not like the slimy feeling.

co-sign with all of these. Mega-Tek left my scalp sore and the crown part thin. It took almost 2 months before the soreness left.
Suave Humectant made my hair pop off.
Any type of oils leave my hair thin and easy to break. The last one I tried was Amla, and my hair was coming out like crazy when I shampooed and conditioned my hair.
As for Henna, I'm trying Surya Henna cream. It's not pure, but it doesn't leave my hair hard.

GodsGrace

Aubrey Organics Conditioners (except when I add oil to them and use as a prepoo)
Shea Butter (gummy, hard hair)
Nexxus anything (blech)
Keracare shampoos and conditioners (tried to like it, but my hair didn't, so no)
Aussie anything (just a tangled mess)
Co-washing (massive shedding)
Wet bunning (massive shedding)
Mega-tek (flakes)
ORS Olive Oil, both in jar and bottle (my hair used to love, now it hates)
Shampoos with sulfates
Conditioners with too many cones

ycj

Ok here is my list as well:
Mega tek/Ovation, ors anything, nexus products, shea butter, giovanni cond., most of hairveda products except for the oils, Bee mine, boundless tresses, wild growth, just about all of the growth aides I've tried, anything Elasta, Vo5 cond. still have lots of them, cantu lv in, mango butter, chi silk infusion, olive oil, miss jessies, IC gels, Aussie products, proclaim products, bio silk, ojon, mixed chicks, tresseme cond., cheapy cond., Neutrogen triple moist. lv in, and when I was relaxed all of the mizani products. That's all I can think of for right now......but stay tuned! They is more to come!

Freespirit02

Hey Ladies!!!

I know - that in some respect - we have all tried move forward in our 'Hair Story'

In that regard - some things work for MOST- and many things don't work at all!!!!
:rolleyes:

I got a list....Not that long - but here goes.

1. Shea Butter

Lord ha'mercy............this stuff is awful on my hair.... I know many people love it. But boy - it makes my hair Crunch big time. I got 5 lbs of it - and I guess I will be making gifts this summer.... Shea lotion...:nono:

2. HENNA..............

Ok - after 2 tries.... I feel like my hair is wierd feeling....Cassia is great..But henna - is leaving much to be desired.

Looser Texture??? Nope. Split ends reduced??? um - nope.

After my next henna treatment - This will be my last dance with it.... I have to do it - to get my hair Black again.... :nono:

Henna is not for me... and I got a whole Box of that...........:sad:

I need cassia!

What about you ladies? What was the Bees Knees for the board - but no for you???

When I saw this thread, this is the staple i was going to list. The only way that I can use shea butter is when it's already mixed in a moisturizer or conditioner. If I try it pure..forget it! But it works wonders on my skin..

MonaLisa

I'd like to give a big HELL NO to Shescentit Seyani Butter please, thanks.
I'll give another hell no to AOHC. Thanks.
I'll give the last hell to the no for the night to Aphogee ANYTHING. Take care, drive home safely.

some folks are giving me a much needed :lol: this evening...

dang E...did it have to be a big HELL NO? :lol:

will co-sign on that AOHC though... thought my hair was gonna b((( slap me on that one..

and I make up my own butters now the way I like so I'm good now..don't have to be relying on nobody for my moisturized & scented hair... I had to have an a-ha moment...like...some things I can still order...but this butter thing..I can do on my own..

Iluvsmuhgrass

- ANYTHING ORS
- Pantene Relaxed & Natural Mask... you know... the one... that everybody loved. That. Crap. Sucked.
- Random GVP products
- NO heat ever.
- Aphogee products. My hair revolted.
- Mega-tek. SPAWN OF SATAN!!!! OMG my scalp hurt so bad. Yeah my hair grew but my scalp was so sensitive I couldn't bear for anything to touch my head. No can do.
- Hairveda Hydrasoft Spritz (did absolutely nothing for moisturizing my situation)

Muse

I have really dry hair (or I used to) and I haven't experienced any drying from henna. So don't be afraid to give it a try, just try mixing it without all the fancy additives but use lots of water instead. If you are really worried about it being drying, Indian ladies recommend coating your hair with oil first than using it but you won't get as much color this way if that is a concern.

My hair gets very tangly when dry too, it kind of sticks to itself. Every shampoo I have tried does this which is why I avoid poo whenever possible. Henna actually made my hair detangle easier. I wash my hair with a baking soda/honey mix, towel squeeze my hair, than apply the henna that I develop with water and some ACV. I plan to use just water in the future.

The bolded is true for me too so far since I started henna.

Giovanni products

Playing Kitchen Chemist
low manipulation
mixing different brand products
too many oils (they sit on my hair)

ITA with bolded!

I am so surprised to see so many say shea butter. I use the one from Nasabb and it's great. Are you ladies trying to use it as your only moisturizer? I use it more as a sealant and it really seals for days! My hair always feels soft with shea on it. Could be the brand or the weather-I think shea is like coconut oil in cold weather it will make your hair HARD because it hardens when it's cold. They use it alot in Africa but they dont really have the cold weather effect to worry about.

My List:
NTM Silk Touch Leave-in-started to feel heavy cone buildup after a few days.
Dominican conditioners-did nothing
Cowashing-I just keep trying and trying this cause I want it to work but sadly I don't think its for me. I just think it's too much manipulation to cowash every 2-3 days. I'm starting to think my hair will do best if I only wet it once a week.
Wet Bunning-I do this now but I'm starting to think it's doing more harm than help.

CokoQt

ORS Lye Relaxer - Made my hair shed. Caused major hair setback :sad:

CHI Silk Infusion -Works for a while, but I cannot keep my hair moisturized while using this. I have to clarify more frequently.

Anything Nexxus

Herbal Essences LTR Leave In

S-Curl

Last edited:

JinaRicci

giovanni direct- just can't get this- the white stuff & the stiff feel it leaves- would love to know how ppl get this to work for them.

msa

Cheap conditioners....just don't work for me for any reason, doesn't matter which brand.

Anything with cones...hard, dry, coated, plastic feeling hair, just gross all around.

Anything with mainly artificial/synthetic ingredients...my hair does so much better with super natural products.

Americka

• anything with sulfur (allergies)
  • Paul Mitchell the Detangler (didn't detangle :perplexed)
  • SE Mega Silk Treatment (no slip)
  • VO5 conditioners (except for the Anti-Breakage con)
  • ORS No-Lye (woefully under-processed by 3 relaxers)
  • CHI Silk Infusion (greasy/heavy)
  • Garnier Fructis Leave In (hard hair)

djanae

probably quite a few, but one stands out above the rest as the biggest disappointment.

ECOSTYLER GEL

ugh. hard hair, flakes - a mess

teacherjess

suave coconut condish for co-washing---WAY too drying
Elasta DPR- 11---made my hair a dry, tangled HAM and was super drying
olive oil to seal----makes my hair greasy and the smell reminds me of Italian food (which I love to eat, but don't want that on my head)
Aphogee products---all are the DEVIL except the 2 min reconstructor (eeeevery now & again) and the Green Tea restructurizer (I like this one)

lolascurls

Elasta QP Mango butter: dry and hard hair
Anything Keracare: hair felt yucky!
Rusk Sensories Smoother: Nothing for my hair!!!