LHCF's Use of Honey

LadyJay114

Many of you use honey as part of your regimen.

Do you use the stuff from the supermarket, or an organic brand?

What benefits does honey have for the hair?

KiniKakes

I use plain old honey from the grocery store. I add it to my conditioner, along w/olive oil. It makes my hair extra soft and very shiny!

KiniKakes said:
I use plain old honey from the grocery store. I add it to my conditioner, along w/olive oil. It makes my hair extra soft and very shiny!

ITA, honey is so nice in conditioner along with EVOO, coconut and jojoba oil, oh and add a little bit of WGO

KiniKakes

pink_n_green_iz_me said:
ITA, honey is so nice in conditioner along with EVOO, coconut and jojoba oil, oh and add a little bit of WGO

Yup! Love that coconut oil. I also add Jamaican Black Castor Oil.... trying to thicken up these durn strands! :)

KiniKakes said:
Yup! Love that coconut oil. I also add Jamaican Black Castor Oil.... trying to thicken up these durn strands! :)

I've never tried is product before. Does it really work? Is it messy or is it like the WGO?

Jas123

The Star of a Story
I use honey along with glycerine & water to make a moisturizer..it's great and makes my hair reallt soft.

Divine Inspiration

I add it to my conditioner when I deep condition. It adds to the moisture and shine of my hair. I use the raw, organic honey from Whole Foods.

mch5683

How much huney are you all using? Does it make your hair sticky/gooey after? Do you just rinse with water after?:perplexed

nadz

I just used it with EVOO with my conditioner. I too haven't used it in a while. Thanks for the reminder!

MizaniMami, your hair looks beautiful!

Ebonygurl00

I tried using honey numerous times, but my hair hates it! Well, my hair seems to hate most things that everyone else loves...:sad:

planodiva

I use EVOO and Honey when my hair is wet and my tresses just soak it up. No sticky or gooey. Just give it a try

AtlantaJJ

Any suggestions on ratios? like 1 part honey to 2 parts condioner, and how much oil should be in the mix? I'm thinking of perking up some of the conditioners that I already have by adding this blend. I am fighting hard to resist the urge to go out and buy a ton of products.
Thanks ladies, I love this board, I can't get any thing done!! They should have a timer on it to kick me off after my minutes are up!!

Dannygirl

I have natrual head of hair and it locks in my tight curls like nothing elese! I love it i leave it in over night and sometimes i dont even rise it out because i like the way it looks! hahha and it makes ya hair shinny to

shunta

AtlantaJJ said:
Any suggestions on ratios? like 1 part honey to 2 parts condioner, and how much oil should be in the mix? I'm thinking of perking up some of the conditioners that I already have by adding this blend. I am fighting hard to resist the urge to go out and buy a ton of products.
Thanks ladies, I love this board, I can't get any thing done!! They should have a timer on it to kick me off after my minutes are up!!
Lol!!:lol: Welcome to my world!:grin:

Tee

planodiva said:
I use EVOO and Honey when my hair is wet and my tresses just soak it up. No sticky or gooey. Just give it a try

This is how I use honey. (oil and honey added to my deep contioner.) I only use a spoon or two. It's Never sticky or gooey for me either. I get mine at the grocery store.

mkstar826

supersonic
I use it in my ACV rinse. It makes my hair soft. Honey is also a natural humectant, which means it attracts and retains moisture.

BLESSED1

it gives me the bomb curl definition, don't even need to use gel afterwards. But I still do since I got a gel addiction lol :sekret:

Jas123

The Star of a Story
pink_n_green_iz_me said:
ok what exactly is glycerine? Does Sally's sell it?
Sorry it took me long to respond..It's a natural substance derived from vegatables..slightly thick, no smell and it's a natural humectant..which mean it help to pull in and hold moisture to hair/skin..and it's one onf the main ingredients in "curl" hair products...carefree curl/worlds of curl/stay-so-soft...I get mine from drug store..in the aisle with medical supplies..hth

Last edited:

Blu217

I just did a milk treatment with honey to TRY to soften my new growth. I then rinsed that out and conditioned with Hello Hydration, honey and a little black castor oil. Rinsed that and added a touch of honey and some EVOO to my NTM leave-in.

I think I went nuts with the honey. My hair HATED something, and my best guess is it's the honey overdose. After rinsing out my honey conditioning treatment, my hair felt hard and tangled. I thought the leave-in would solve it, but never in my life have I had hair so tangled. Zero slip. I lost a fistful of hair and everything just sat on my hair. My rollerset came out a little greasy/oily, and while my hair feels soft I guess... I can't get a comb thru it without a lot of drag. And my hair is HUGE.

I'll probably wash this out in a few days and while I might try honey again, I'll stick to a dollop in my conditioner. But at least my approach to honey didn't work out; I'll chalk it up to being overly enthusiastic this time. If it betrays me next time in a nice small single dose, tho... NEVER AGAIN.