List Products You Will NEVER Use Again

webby

Think Slim
I am a recovering product junky and it occured to me last night that part of the reason why I buy so many products is that I have a lot of stuff that I've purchased that I HATE /images/graemlins/mad.gif

List the products you will never use again and why

1. Salerm 21 - This gets raves, but left my hair feeling like sand paper.
2. Sebastian Hair Polish - leave way to much build up...feels gunky.
3. Any water based leave-in conditioner - tends to make my hair stiff, not soft and fluffy
4. Hair grease - Haven't used it in at least 15 years, because it just clogged my scalp and attracted dirt to my hair.
5. Nexxus Headress - I am a die-hard Nexxus user, but I think that this product may be nixed from my regimine; I always have flakes falling from my hair after using this, which tends to look like dandruff.

ORS Hair Mayonnaise-It left an icky coating on my hair.
Deep Brillance anything-It did absolutely nothing for my hair.
I also have to agree with grease and water based leave ins. Grease makes my hair feel yucky and water based leave ins do nothing for my hair.

"At home" relaxers
Isoplus Hair grease
Pantene Relaxed and Naturals shampoo and Conditioner
Profectiv Products
Doo Gro Products (maybe?!?!)
Cream of Nature products
Drugstore shampoo and conditioners (Suave, Vo5, Neutrogena)

Hot sixx oil (It made my hair STINK)
Elasta QP feels like silk (It made my hair all tangled)
Pantene R&N line (Made my hair all dry and yucky)

There are others, but I seem to have blocked them out of my memory, and I can't think of the exact names.

ion products--where to start!? felt like after one use it built up. left hair brittle
nexxus headress--build up and left hair dull
drug store hair dyes for women of color i.e. dark and lovely--wrecked and raviged my hair!!

Any drugstore lines besides the NTM and Suave Coconut conditioner for conditioner washes only. Most of the drugstore products don't like my hair.

DITTO /images/graemlins/down.gif/images/graemlins/down.gif
I would also add ORS Hair Mayo to the list, it made my hair feel weird and dry.

[ QUOTE ]
Infusium 23 (the liquid leave-in) /images/graemlins/barf.gif It made my hair feel like straw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Luster's Pink Oil and Lustrasilk Moisture Max--grease in a bottle. /images/graemlins/barf.gif

Anything by Nexxus. I tried Botanoil, Therappe and Humectress. My hair reacted as if the main ingredient was super glue. I refuse to try anything else they make.

Infusium 23. Gave me crispy crunchy hair.

Redken Heavy Cream Conditioner. Another "Is this glue?" moment for me...

Hair grease on my scalp. Blech.

Apretadora. OH LAWD!!!! The tangles were terrible!

Long Aid curl activator gel. It made my hair feel really soft, yet also made it shed like a cat. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Right On Curl Activator lotion. An itchy, scratchy disaster. I ended up shampooing my hair again that day. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Apretadora. OH LAWD!!!! The tangles were terrible!

[/ QUOTE ]

Same happened to me; my hair tangles so easily.

[ QUOTE ]
Luster's Pink Oil and Lustrasilk Moisture Max--grease in a bottle. /images/graemlins/barf.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree! I should have had this on my list as NUMBER ONE! MOISTURE MAX IS BEYOND GREASE! It's like motor oil!

Does anyone still use Pink Lotion. I retired that when I was about 10 years old

Pink Oil
Infusium 23
CPR....I don't feel like washing flakes/weeds out of my hair 2 weeks after the fact
Herbal Essences Clarifying Shampoo....could you say tangles like spiderwebs...and DRRRRRRRRRRRY

Pink Anything - (you know why.)
Infusium 23 - caused major breakage
Salerm 21 - I love it, but can't find it in the area and NTM Silk Touch is just as good or better.
John Frieda Relax Serum - way, way to heavy & sticky

Redken Smooth Down Conditioner-makes hair rough
Surge Moisture Aid- wheres the moisture
Posner Exotic Hair Butter-no moistures
S-Curl- sucks on my hair
Pink Lotion and Moisture Max- sucks
TCB products

First and foremost on my list is anything Pink Oil! That stuff should be removed from the shelves!

Silk Elements - HATED IT!

Infusium shampoo and conditioner - BOOOOOOOOOOO

Elasta QP Feels Like Silk - feels like crap

ORS Jojoba Oil (jar) - can we say wax in a jar?

There are more but I'm at work and can't think of them right now!

Here's another I just thought of:

I will NEVER, EVER, EVER used unstrained coconut milk again - What a DISASTER! I had coconut pulp all over my head, after several washings, the first time I used this.

[ QUOTE ]
Here's another I just thought of:

I will NEVER, EVER, EVER used unstrained coconut milk again - What a DISASTER! I had coconut pulp all over my head, after several washings, the first time I used this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh... memories of my homemade avocado conditioner experiment. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif Which was similar to my homemade egg conditioner experiment. There is a reason they tell you to rinse it out with cool water. /images/graemlins/look.gif

Faith remind me why I tossed my jar of Motions CPR.

[ QUOTE ]
i'm using the last of the moisture max now as lotion LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! I hate Moisture Max. It's so . . . so . . . I can't even think of a word to describe it! My hair was left dry and greasy at the same time!!
/images/graemlins/antlers.gif

WGO- the smell drives me nucking futs! It just lingers even if I use only a little bit! Any hair products with mineral oil or petrolatum. Aphogee, although it does an excellent job for breakage the smell was too much for me to handle. the smell would remain in my hair for weeks after I got it done, I would shampoo that stuff out like 5 times and it still had that "hint" of smell in it. I've found a wonderful replacement (Emergencee) that I will continue to buy.

Back