Lonei's New Flexirod Set (Pics Inside!)

lonei

Hey ladies, I haven't done a flexirod set in my hair since last year. I never did it again as I never understood how to roll them, the last few times I did it I rolled it like a normal rollerset which meant that the spiral curls never came out as great as they could. So today I did some research on LHCF (DLewis and Caramela-thanks!) and replicated what I saw in the pics and read about. I washed and conditioned as normal and detangled in the shower. I then parted my hair from ear to ear and secured the back. I made a side part in the front and secured them with a clip. I started by making a horizontal part at the bottom of the back and then made several vertical parts within that section. I rolled the hair over itself at the end of the roller twice to give it s 'spring' to it, I then rolled vertically until I reached the roots and bent the top in the opposite direction. I kept working my way up until I got to the middle part I had made. I moved to the left section at the front bottom and rolled the hair in a similar fashion. It took me about 1.5 hours to roll properly but with practice I should be able to do it quicker. I used purple rods and sat under the dryer for 3 hours in total. It was such a tight fit that I didnt get up once, boy have I got cramp! I put my net on and then my headscarf and went to bed, I plan to separate the curls as I move throughout my 3 week wash cycle and may sleep/exercise in a high ponytail as needed. I used my usual products, Giovanni serum and and leave in with water. I am 6 weeks post in these pics. More Pics in my Fotki. Hope you like it!

Praise God!

HPIM1635.jpg

HPIM1636.jpg

HPIM1635-1.jpg

HPIM1638-1-1.jpg

HPIM1643.jpg

Last edited:
Gorgeous! These are hair idol pics for sure....I'm gonna study these cause I want to do this style too!

I like to leave it like that for a while and pic them out as I move throughout the 3 week cycle.
Thanks Everyone

oh ok. That makes since, the set last longer that way.

I keep going back to look at the pics. The curls are so pretty and silky.

Lonei I love how you did that! It's beautiful! So you basically spiraled upwards on the roller. I'm always learning on this site.

Back