Long time natural has crossed over to the other side...i'm texturized!!! ;)

VinDieselsWifey

i'm officially texturized as of Dec. 1. i used Elucence normal cut with Jason's Sea kelp conditioner in a 2:1 ratio of relaxer to conditoner. i did a corrective 7 days later because i got scared and rinsed it out too soon.the first time i did it, i did the back half first. a week before i did a henna treatment. i sprayed my hair the night before with aphogee keratin & green tea restructurizer. i based my scalp really good with elucence protective barrier balm and made all of my parts before i started. i worked it all in and then smoothed with my fingers. it stayed in around 12 minutes. i rinsed it out really well and then put in a protein conditioner for 5 minutes. then i used elucence neutralizing poo 3 times, letting it sit for 5 minutes each time. then i washed with elucence MB poo.

next i did the front half, letting it sit for 5 minutes after working it in. then i did everything the same way i did the back half. after that, i put some more protein conditioner in for about 10 minutes, rinsed, put in moisturizing conditioner for about 2 hours, rinsed, then did an acv rinse. i think the acv rinse made it revert some.

so i waited 3 days, did an aphogee 2 minute treatment, and oiled my scalp and hair with castor oil. then 4 days later i did it all over again. the back half sat for about 8 minutes after i worked it all in. i smoothed 2 times. the front half sat for 5 minutes. i smoothed it one time. this time i omitted the acv rinse.

i love the way it turned out! my hair is still very healthy! and i have to give elucence 2 thumbs up!! absolutely NO burning or scalp irritation! while rinsing out the realxer, my hair seemed very oily, not dry at all. i flat ironed my hair after it dried and it's sooooo soft and shiny!! everyone has been giving me compliments, even this Japanese lady that works in the chow hall. i think i will be able to wear a wash & go with the right products.

anyway, after 7 years of being natural, i'm glad i waited and used elucence.

the pics are in my album under texturized hair. they aren't great, but you can see pretty good.

I remember you from NP?.....I think. Anyway, your hair is beautiful!!! It's so silky and shiny....love it!

Pokahontas said:
I remember you from NP?.....I think. Anyway, your hair is beautiful!!! It's so silky and shiny....love it!

yes i'm a member on NP. Thanks for the compliment! Your hair is beautiful!!

Very pretty hair, both natural and relaxed.

Although, I'm curious, why the corrective? Was the 'first' round of texturized hair too hard to straighten?

JCoily said:
Very pretty hair, both natural and relaxed.

Although, I'm curious, why the corrective? Was the 'first' round of texturized hair too hard to straighten?

thanks! i didn't try to straighten the first time. but it didn't even look like i did anything after it dried. it might have been 15% relaxed the first time. so i said i would try it again one last time. now i'm probably 50% relaxed.

Goodness gracious beautiful!!! You got the best of both worlds, you can have a silky straight look and a beautiful wash n go. You just inspired me to relax a little less straight-I am already texlaxed. Anyways, congrats!

bumping for VinDieselsWifey,

I have been natural for a little over a year and have an appt. to get a texturizer this Tuesday and had a question:
did you do anything in preparation of your chemical application?

my hair is tightly coiled/densly curled and I fear that my hair will be more so relaxed w/o curls than texturized,which is what I want? For the past three months, I have had braids and after coming out of them this past Friday noticed that my hair is EXTREMELY dry and coarse to the touch. Would you advice waiting on getting a texturizer? If so, how long should I wait?

thanks in advance,
tishee

VinDiselsWifey, How do you feel now that you're texturized? I'm going the same route.

Tishee, It definitely wouldn't hurt to wait another week or so and make sure that your hair is moisturized. Better safe than sorry, right?

raeshan said:
VinDiselsWifey, How do you feel now that you're texturized? I'm going the same route.

Tishee, It definitely wouldn't hurt to wait another week or so and make sure that your hair is moisturized. Better safe than sorry, right?

thanks raeshan. this is what I will do b/c it is so dry.

tishee said:
bumping for VinDieselsWifey,

I have been natural for a little over a year and have an appt. to get a texturizer this Tuesday and had a question:
did you do anything in preparation of your chemical application?

my hair is tightly coiled/densly curled and I fear that my hair will be more so relaxed w/o curls than texturized,which is what I want? For the past three months, I have had braids and after coming out of them this past Friday noticed that my hair is EXTREMELY dry and coarse to the touch. Would you advice waiting on getting a texturizer? If so, how long should I wait?

thanks in advance,
tishee

hey

i'm sorry i missed you bumping my thread up. have you gotten your texturizer yet? i prepped(sp?) my hair for about four months before i got the texturizer. I think you need to do regular protein and moisturizing treatments to build your hair's strength before you get a chemical service. and if your hair is very dry after taking out the braids, i would DEFINETELY wait. I mixed my relaxer with conditioner to cut the strength and i sprayed my hair the night before with Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer as my protein barrier. look for the thread called "Curve's Silkener Secret" or something like that. It has a lot of good info.

i sent you a PM with this info as well.

raeshan said:

I don't regret doing it so far. I love that it's not so time consuming any more. I'm even contemplating going a little straighter when i get my touch up around April. My hair is still healthy which is the most important thing and it still has its thickness to it.

Thanks everyone for all the compliments!!!

Your hair is so beautiful and thick! You've got me considering this texturizing thing... Congrats on yours coming out so well!

very pretty hair...i had the exact texture of your hair when i started texturizing, i've since switched to relaxed hair

Back