Look what I found, helps you know what to look for in products

gymfreak336

Fashionista said:
Here is the complete list of ingredients, product suggestion, etc.:

FOR STRENGTH
Ceramide
What it is: A complex lipid or fatty oil found naturally in the hair. What it does: Holds cuticle cells together to protect the inner structure of the hair. Product Pick: Soft Sheen-Carson Breakthru Anti-Breakage System.
Dimethiconol Methionine
WII: An amino acid. WID: Protects the hair shaft and fortifies the cuticle. PP: Nexxus Y Serum Younger Looking Hair Treatment.
Triamine Complex
WII: A patented formula containing the same 19 essential amino acids found in our hair. WID: Protects hair from styling damage by fortifying cuticles, and detangles and conditions without weighing down the hair. PP: Joico K-Pac Strengthening Tonic

FOR CONDITIONING
Avocado Oil
WII: A triglyceride (a natural fat, similar to those found in our body) that is easily absorbed by the hair and scalp and is rich in vitamins A, B, D and E. WID: Lubricates the hair and scalp. PP: Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Hair Treatment.
Horsetail
WII: An herb containing calcium and high levels of amino acids. WID: Strengthens and conditions. PP: Hairobics Leave-In Conditioner.
Polyquaternium-10
WII: A water-soluble polymer. WID: Makes wet and dry hair easier to comb and manage. PP: 911 Leave-In Conditioner.
Stearyl Alcohol
WII: A fatty alcohol with emollient and moisturizing properties. WID: Keeps hair hydrated. PP: Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisture Renewal Nourishing Conditioner.

FOR MOISTURE
Jojoba Oil
WII: An oil with a molecular structure small enough to penetrate the hair and scalp. WID: Moisturizes. PP: Barry Fletcher Liquid Moisture.
Mango Butter
WII: An emollient derived from the fruit seed of the mango tree. WID: Seals in moisture, softens and protects. PP: lavett & chin No. 2 Pomade.
Panthenol
WII: A vitamin. WID: Gets inside the hair shaft to keep the cuticle moisturized. PP: Luster's Pink Oil Moisturizer.
Shea Butter
WII: A fat obtained from the fruit of the Karite tree. WID: Moisturizes and nourishes the hair and scalp. PP: Praises Kuumba Hair and Scalp Conditioner.

FOR SHINE
Cyclomethicone
WII: A silicone (synthetic compounds principally derived from sand). WID: Adds gloss while preventing dryness. PP: Organic Root Stimulator Jojoba Oil Maximum Shine Hair & Scalp Moisturizer.
Mica
WII: A mineral. WID: Enhances shine. PP: Toni & Guy Shine Junkie.
Trimethicone
WII: A silicone. WID: Leaves a light-reflecting veneer on the hair. PP: John Frieda Frizz-Ease Relax Sheer Reflections.

FOR CLEANSING
Ammonium Laureth Sulfate
WII: A gentle cleanser. WID: Removes dirt and product residue, and softens the hair. PP: Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo.
Decyl Glucoside
WII: A by-product of decyl-alcohol condensation, which contains a glucose polymer. WID: Makes shampoo milder. PP: Cream of Nature Shampoo.
Gingerroot Extract
WII: Oil derived from ginger. WID: Removes scalp bacteria. PP: Shaklee Nourishing Scalp Treatment.

FOR VOLUME
PVP/VA Copolymer
WII: A setting agent. WID: Provides lift. PP: Paul Mitchell Extra Body Sculpting Foam.
Chitosan
WII: Taken from crab and lobster shells and algae. WID: Provides lift at the root while adding bounce and elasticity. PP: MOP Lemongrass Lift
Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein
WII: A protein. WID: Enhances body, softens, conditions, and moisturizes. PP: Lottabody Foam Wrap.

If you need information on where to purchase any of the products purchase let me know. HTH

I was looking for some old info and stumbled across this. I know alot of us are trying to get ideas together for the new year (well at least me). Hope it helps

hotparatha

Thanks gymfreak..good info! I just printed.

I don't get to come on the website that often so when I do I cut paste and print out info like a mad woman just to keep up with you guys! :user: lol

Cayenne0622

gymfreak336 said:
I was looking for some old info and stumbled across this. I know alot of us are trying to get ideas together for the new year (well at least me). Hope it helps

Hi - thanks for the info. I haven't looked at all of the descriptions but most of it sounds good. I am concerned though about the way some of the ingredients are described on this list. For example: Ammonium Laurel Sulfate. Every other site I've ever visited to do research on this (shampoo ingredient) has indicated that it is the harshest one out there. It is comparable to dish washing liquid or laundry detergent. I read that a milder one is Sodium Laureth Sulfate. Also, the "cones" that listed on here are usually mentioned as being water resistant and preventing moisture from getting in. Hmmmm..

Guess I'm off to do a little more research! Thanks again for the list.

Blackbird77

I laughed when reading that Pink Oil moisturizes. That stuff has been known to suck the life (and all moisture) out of my hair and that of others. That's a good recipe for having a Brillo pad for hair.

LadyJay114

Blackbird77 said:
I laughed when reading that Pink Oil moisturizes. That stuff has been known to suck the life (and all moisture) out of my hair and that of others. That's a good recipe for having a Brillo pad for hair.

I always used to put that in my hair when I was a natural. But I'll never forget the first time I put that in my hair after a perm.:eek: My hair felt like a rock :nono:

JustKiya

Bumping!!

A friend of mine who KNOWS how I am about my hair was googling, and came up with this link - what great information!!

MamaBraidedIt

Cayenne0622 said:
Hi - thanks for the info. I haven't looked at all of the descriptions but most of it sounds good. I am concerned though about the way some of the ingredients are described on this list. For example: Ammonium Laurel Sulfate. Every other site I've ever visited to do research on this (shampoo ingredient) has indicated that it is the harshest one out there. It is comparable to dish washing liquid or laundry detergent. I read that a milder one is Sodium Laureth Sulfate. Also, the "cones" that listed on here are usually mentioned as being water resistant and preventing moisture from getting in. Hmmmm..

Guess I'm off to do a little more research! Thanks again for the list.

I was going to say this also.