Recommended Salons/Stylist for Trims

Kellum

I am not a DIYer when it comes to trims. I have two great stylist that I trust. They have always done exactly what I asked them. I know many of you are DIYers but there are a lot that aren't. I thought it would be a good idea if we had a thread to refer to that had recommend salons/stylist for trims. This will save us from heart break, set backs, and possible jail time :hardslap:from an unwanted hair cut.

Please take the time and aswer the following questions.

What is the name of the Salon/Stylist?

Where are they located (City, State)?

Is this a black salon, white salon, mixed, etc..?

Is the stylist male or female?

Is this a high end salon, neighborhood shop, salon chain, or other?

How much does it cost for a trim?

How much did you ask to be trimmed/cut off?

How much was actually trimmed/cut?

Is your hair relaxed, texlaxed, natural, etc..?

Does the stylist turn your back to the mirror?

What would you give the stylist on a scale of 1 to 10 on their hair cutting/trimming skills?(explain)

What would you give the stylist/salon on a scale of 1 to 10 on their customer service? (explain)

How many times have you gone to this salon/stylist?

Any additional information you want to share?

Kellum

What is the name of the Salon/Stylist? Corner Cuts, I go to April mainly, but if she is not there I will go to Whitney. Both are great.

Where are they located (City, State)?
College Station, TX

Is this a black salon, white salon, mixed, etc..?
White salon

Is the stylist male or female?
female

Is this a high end salon, neighborhood shop, salon chain, or other?
Other, its not a salon chain. It reminds me of Super Cuts.

How much does it cost for a trim?
$9 for the trim not including tip.

How much did you ask to be trimmed/cut off?
This last time was about a little more than 1" maybe 1 1/2".I really needed a trim. I explained to April that I was trying to grow out my layers for a blunt look. She took more off my bottom layers which made my hair more blunt and didn't cut as much on the top ones. Now the bottom half of my hair is almost layer free. I just have to focus on the top part. I love results of my trim. I needed a good trim any how.

How much was actually trimmed/cut?
Exactly the amount that was asked.

Is your hair relaxed, texlaxed, natural, etc..?
Texlaxed

Does the stylist turn your back to the mirror?
Nope, never

What would you give the stylist on a scale of 1 to 10 on their hair cutting/trimming skills?(explain)
10 because they are friendly, always do what I ask, and I never get a gut feeling like something is wrong.I've never left out of there with a bad hair cut, not one time.

What would you give the stylist/salon on a scale of 1 to 10 on their customer service? (explain).
10, I've never had a problem with them. They all know me. I believe I may be their only black customer. :) No appointment is needed. It is well worth the little money I spend and my peace of mind.

How many times have you gone to this salon/stylist?
I can't even count how many times. I've gone there to get my weaves, wigs cut too besides my own hair. .

Any additional information you want to share?
These are my ride or die chicks that I will go to until I either more which will be in another 2 1/2 years or they go to another salon (praying they don't until I leave). Hopefully by then my hair will be blunt and I will be able to do my own trims then. Their scissor are always super sharp. April cuts herself all the time with her scissors because they are so sharp. You know that dull scissors will lead split ends.