Losing length makes you appear younger?

diamond_nh

I was just watching a makeover show and they said this. I don't think that this is true. When I think of the makeover done on Coretta Scott King on Oprah, I know that it is not true because they didn't cut her hair and still was able to shave years off of her appearance. I think it has more to do with the style not the length. All these shows do is cut people's hair off for the dramatic effect. When I get older I am still going to keep my length.

Crysdon

[ QUOTE ]
I think it has more to do with the style not the length.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo! IMO, Shorter styles make you look sophisticated and longer styles make you look younger.

BrEE

i've always contemplated this as well. i know shorter hair makes you look older/sophisticated and longer hair younger. but when is it too long?? i'm kinda hesitant to grow it out to waist length cause i feel i'll look old.sometimes really long hair does make the person look old. any opinions?

Angelicus

yea, now that my hair has grown past my shoulder (a few inches above bra clasp), plus the fact that i shed a few lbs, a lot of LITTLE boys are hitting on me. My aunt and cousins sweat that I look like a 12 year old with my hair down.

diamond_nh

Twelve? When you said little boys I didn't know you meant that little lol. Great for you Anky that you are looking younger. It can be a burden and a joy. But when people tell me I look young I just tell them thanks because it will come in handy when I get older.

BJ007

I must say I agree with the makeover people. In the younger years short sytles are more mature and long hair is a sign of youthfulness BUT as U get older somehow the rolls reverse. Longer hair gives off an older witchy sort of vibe, if it's too long, and shorter hair gives off a more youthful chic look.

BJ007

I was just about to edit that and say something like that. There hair is heavier and drags their faces down and with wrinkles that's not a good look.

darkbeauty

I was watching a show one day called makeover ambush, at least I think that's what it's called, anyway they get people of the street and make them over. They took this mother of 5 or 6, either way, she was a pretty plain jane. Her hair was 3b/3c, in a ponytail probably past bra strap. They chopped all her hair off and gave her blond hair. Further more, it was a black woman responsible for the makeover. I give it to them she was hot afterwards, but I think it was due to the make up and clothes and not her shorter, blonder hair. I mean after all those kids, Her body was BANGING! What is with this obsession of cutting off everyone's hard earned hair. I would absolutely have a fit. They would have to put a stait jacket on me!

lunalight7

I dunno....when I had layered bangs a couple of years ago, I thought that I looked younger...but it was the combo of the cut and lighter color that framed my face I think...and I was HEAVIER then...so I guess it depends on the person and a few other variables....

diamond_nh

[ QUOTE ]
darkbeauty said:
I was watching a show one day called makeover ambush, at least I think that's what it's called, anyway they get people of the street and make them over. They took this mother of 5 or 6, either way, she was a pretty plain jane. Her hair was 3b/3c, in a ponytail probably past bra strap. They chopped all her hair off and gave her blond hair. Further more, it was a black woman responsible for the makeover. I give it to them she was hot afterwards, but I think it was due to the make up and clothes and not her shorter, blonder hair. I mean after all those kids, Her body was BANGING! What is with this obsession of cutting off everyone's hard earned hair. I would absolutely have a fit. They would have to put a stait jacket on me!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's Ambush Makeover. I agree that on those typ of shows it has more to do with the overall change which includes the makeup and clothes. On "Style Court" the woman was white and she had long, straight limp hair, she didn't wear much makeup and her clothes were very outdated. So when they cut her hair it gave her hair body and that along with the makeup and clothes made her look younger. But most of the time that is not the case and the stylist on these show just be cutting to be cutting.