Bra-strap Length & Beyond Ladies :: Hair Grows Faster If Cut 1 Length???

I noticed that quit a few ladies on LHCF with bra strap and beyond hair have it cut all one length for the most part(supergirl, sweetcashew, maestradiva, macherieamour, etc).

I just read an article that basically says hair grows faster if it's cut all one length due to the body's tendency to want to balance itself.

So, my question for those with long hair is...has this been true for you? Did/Does your hair really grow faster when it's is/was cut all one length?

To read the article click here: http://longhair.org/HCP/bangs.htm

Synthia

I believe in this theory.
But I'm clipping my hair slowly with each relaxer and hopefully by June I'll have a more even cut.

I remember cutting my hair even about 7 years ago and it grew amazingly well in just eight months.

dynamic1

No, I do not think this is accurate for my hair. The back of my hair actually grows faster than the rest, so I was hindering my growth potential by keeping it blunt. Now if only that theory would cause my other layers to catch up to the back, I would be very happy.

KiniKakes

winniebread said:
I just read an article that basically says hair grows faster if it's cut all one length due to the body's tendency to want to balance itself. So, my question for those with long hair is...has this been true for you? Did/Does your hair really grow faster when it's is/was cut all one length?

No, absolutely not! Not from my experience, anyway.....

MizaniMami

KiniKakes said:
No, absolutely not! Not from my experience, anyway.....

Me either. What I do to the ends of my hair does not effect my growth rate at all. Hair is dead, you can fry dye, and lay it to the side, but you best believe it will grow out the scalp how it wants to.

I would be weary of any website/book that tells me that cutting it will make it grow faster.

Now retaining length is a whole nother thing...

KiniKakes

MizaniMami said:

Right! I concur whole-heartedly. Because "growth" and "retaining length" are two entirely different things, although both of equal importantance.

Cichelle

Nope. My hair is in layers and it's growing faster than it did when it was all the same length. My daughter has bangs and her hair grows REALLY fast. So I am having a hard time buying the article's theory. But that's just my experience.

sweetcashew

No I don't think this is true either. I haven't noticed a difference in growth rate whether I have layers or my hair is all one length.

KiniKakes

sweetcashew said:
No I don't think this is true either. I haven't noticed a difference in growth rate whether I have layers or my hair is all one length.

*gasp* SweetCashew, your hair looks amazing!!!!!!!! I hadnt checked your Fokti in a while.... Im heading over to go stalk, I mean see, your 9/27 update!!!! :grin:

Last edited:

Divine Inspiration

Mine works the opposite way. When I cut it in layers, the layers seem to be some sort of race to catch up with the rest of my hair. In the past, I've had issues with trying to get layers to grow out, but this most recent time I had them cut, my hair had started to look even in less than 6 months. Since then, I've given up on chunky layers and decided to stick with a U shape.

ADB

MizaniMami said:
Me either. What I do to the ends of my hair does not effect my growth rate at all. Hair is dead, you can fry dye, and lay it to the side, but you best believe it will grow out the scalp how it wants to.

I would be weary of any website/book that tells me that cutting it will make it grow faster.

Now retaining length is a whole nother thing

I agree with all of this.

Candy_C

nope..when i do clippings my hair seems to LOOK longer ...

and i'm also into the paranormal, psychology thing..i think if u think ur hair is growing, then maybe it will...

its alll in the minndddd

Lioness

I don't think hair grows faster per se with cutting.
I do think hair can stay helathier with cutting as cutting avoids split ends travelling up the hair srands, thus giving healthier strands.

Lucia

dynamic1 said:
No, I do not think this is accurate for my hair. The back of my hair actually grows faster than the rest, so I was hindering my growth potential by keeping it blunt. Now if only that theory would cause my other layers to catch up to the back, I would be very happy.
What she said, my hair grows the same way

carmella25

MizaniMami said:

Your hair is pretty what did do to acheive this style?

carmella25

winniebread said:
I noticed that quit a few ladies on LHCF with bra strap and beyond hair have it cut all one length for the most part(supergirl, sweetcashew, maestradiva, macherieamour, etc).

I just read an article that basically says hair grows faster if it's cut all one length due to the body's tendency to want to balance itself.

So, my question for those with long hair is...has this been true for you? Did/Does your hair really grow faster when it's is/was cut all one length?

To read the article click here: http://longhair.org/HCP/bangs.htm

Thats not true at all. If you cut one lenght its the same growth rate as dusting etc.

Eiano

This is just one of the reasons why black hair may not get the same length as others.
I've heard it all
"Oh, cut your hair to make it grow":rolleyes:
"Rubberbands and thread make your hair grow":rolleyes:
"Dandruff makes your hair grow":eek: :(

sareca

Synthia said:
But I'm clipping my hair slowly with each relaxer and hopefully by June I'll have a more even cut.

I remember cutting my hair even about 7 years ago and it grew amazingly well in just eight months.

I believe this one too and I'm gradually heading toward blunt.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

:lachen: ..........
Eiano said:
This is just one of the reasons why black hair may not get the same length as others.
I've heard it all
"Oh, cut your hair to make it grow":rolleyes:
"Rubberbands and thread make your hair grow":rolleyes:
"Dandruff makes your hair grow":eek: :(

Plenty

Synthia said:

I totally believe this theory and have experince to back it up.

I've had this same exact experience 2x. The second time my hair was cut very short, by the next year and a half my hair was longer than all of my friends who never cut their hair. I also had the same experience with brainds.

My hair grew tremedously with braids, the heavier synthetic braids as oppose to the natural ones. Could this phonmenon be behind the crowning glory techinques? Having the same "tug" from the braids throughout ones head.

What do you all think? Bumping for more responses.

sylver2

Synthia said:

Doesn't work for me. I was the queen of blunt cuts. I always got a blunt cut/trim after every touchup because I believed my hair had to be even and ends cut off. Yes it looks better sometimes but it didn't grow faster. Its when I stopped trimmin my hair so much that it started to grow faster.