Louise Marie Longhairs (hairgasm.com)...

She is white. She has several black clients. I am suprised at how much she knows about our hair. She talked to me for an hour about my hair on the phone.

Girl, you ain't hardly poor. It cost me about $350.00 for my Magic Pack. I also broke down and purchased some split snippers, braiding cream and a brush. Don't tell Mom. She will think that I am crazy.

Well ,I wrote an email to tel them that the site was confusing, and to ask for links. Here is what I wrote:

"I am African American with 10 in. 4B hair, completely natural (no relaxer, no color). I am interested in trying some deep conditioners form your line, and ends treatments.

However, I must say I have NEVER seen a more confusing website in my life. I tried for 20 minutes to find descriptions of conditioners, and couldn't. You know, what in them, what type of hair they are for, etc. I saw a link for butter for the ends, and couldn't find out any info on product other than price!

Rather than give up again (I've tried to navigate this site 3 times!), I decided to write. The site is TOO CONFUSING. But, I'm sure you've heard that before.

Anyway, I currently use shampoo rarely, and do conditioner rinses most often. I wash and detangle every week and a half or so. I would be interested in ordering a deep conditioner with serious slip to detangle with, and possibly a shampoo that is not drying."

This was the reply

"Hello, we do not intend to confuse, but have you seen the link called

''STILL...just sitting there being CONFUSED?' link, it will help you understand'

it is under our FAQ section.
After that you may consider writing us back, after having read that, then with any pertaining questions, we would be glad to help... but only after you do.
Yes we do have many wonderful African American naturals and relaxed clients.
thank you for your interest, we are working different than the typical status-quo' selling site, but we don't do piecework except for the BTN Duo.
Our members who Magicpack tell us that this is the only site that ever made sense to them. Maybe it's not what you think but it works.
We don't work with/on top of other product lines. We sell Louise Marie's tools and support.
Perhaps we will help you see the light, there is no missing ingredient to add to your present routines.
You would likely enjoy our #13 Blisstips ends oil and would be happy to lead you to it. Further compartmentalization of your hair type is not going to get you there, unless you want completely custom made.
What does Louise Marie Longhairs do is a better question;-)

Wanda would be happy to help you."

I was STILL confused, and went to that link again (had already been there twice). So, I tried again:

"I clicked this link already. That's how I found the member catalouge. Do you have one that goes directly to the deep conditioners? Thanks"

Another reply:
the catalog linked there is to
(edited link)
that is the link we see there do you? This above link is at the bottom of the page of the link I gave you.
Since you aren't a member here, you should not be trying to put together an order from that other catalog, the one listed at the side that says members and was not it.
Thanks for totally not venting this time, we were just about to block any more of your mails but for some reason we imagined you just might come around to see things different once reading more;-)

A tip, our beginners conditioner is not endorsed separately see BTN Duo."

Block my emails? Isn't customer service supposed to be concerned with the customer? I just told her the site was confusing! I saw somewhere in that maze of a site other emails about confusion. I figure if enough people say something, maybe they will take note and simplify. I only sent the two emails that I show above. One email citing confusion, and they say "we were just about to block anymore of your emails?" gee, what would happen if I had an actual problem with a product I ordered?

I hope those of you who are still considering ordering get find some info in the response emails that help. At those prices, I wasn't pleased with the customer service response (but that's just me.) I hope it works well for those that order.

I posted about her rudeness on another thread. She can be really fly in her responses... She insinuated that what I'm using isnt working and that I dont know my own hair and to contact her when I'm ready to "work with her". I was like o...k... I don't know maybe one day I'll try her stuff and then again maybe not. I like my homemade shea butter cream. My hair is waist length type 3c. I'm a product junkie so I was curious about her products.

[ QUOTE ]
swayback23 said:
Thanks for totally not venting this time, we were just about to block any more of your mails but for some reason we imagined you just might come around to see things different once reading more;-)

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl.gif

I'm sorry but this is hilarious (not to mention the weird, Pokemon-ish blond woman with the big blue eyes on the site
laugh.gif
). The audacity of them to have such a confusing, wacky site and then threaten to block your emails when you complained about it.

That blond is Pokemon-ish! I would rather see a few nice hair pics! That web makes me dizzy.

I wanted to share my emails. I'm not trying to discourage anyone who can make it through. The customer service is a big deal to me. I a PJ, but I can't give money to people who wanna block me...

I don't think I'll be ordering in the future. For me to send out $300.00+ and then have to walk on egg shells to get help.....that just doesn't work for me.
naughty.gif

<<Spagirl putting it nicely!>>

Edited to add: Being treated as a valued customer is a good thing.
smile.gif

I personally think that Louise Marie is extremely nice and helpful. I am sorry that someone had a bad experience. I enjoy her conversation and her e-mails.

I'm really very very sorry to hear that you came away with hurt feelings.

It does happen sometimes that people have such a very different experience with the same person. I too found her very nice and helpful. So much so that I talk to her several times a week by phone in addition to emailing with her almost daily.

My feelings have often been hurt by customer service or by stylists etc. and this is probably the first time I DIDN"T have such a problem... I felt great about the everything from the first moment, her and esp. her products. Go figure
ohwell.gif

Hugs.

Thank you ladies for the feedback. I am completely taken aback with the "block your e-mails comment" WTF? And is it even legal to refuse to list product ingredients? I may have to check with the FDA on that one. We have label laws for a reason. We no longer live in a "caveat emptor" (buy at your own risk) world.
scratchchin.gif
Hmmm. thinking. I've got a few contacts and this type of behavior is most tempting for me to purchase and send these products to a friend of mine who runs a lab that does "reverse engineering" of products (food and cosmetics). They "discover" the formulas of name brand products and then manufacture the generic equivalent.
sekret.gif
Maybe I should call in favor. Bad Brooke. Bad Girl
spank.gif
be nice.
Still.....

I am sorry but coming from a technical background I can truely say that this is one of the worst commercial website's I have ever seen. It's funny!

Sassygirl, I was so mad when my mom took my new kemi oyl and used 1/3 of the bottle! Brooke, see what you can do
sekret.gif

It seems like on the one hand people get put off by LML, and so many others feels she goes the extra mile for them. I think she just needs someone to help her a bit with customer service and maybe making the site more user-friendly. It's all just miscommunication I believe
ohwell.gif

Angels, LOL if you know somebody, let her know.
laugh.gif

The thing with buying such expensive, new products, is people are naturally reluctant in the first place. So the manufacturer needs to make the consumer at ease (in every aspect) before they "take the plunge" That's just my take on it.

You won't regret it. I am really enjoying her products. When my stash is out, I will surely restock. My hair is very damaged from my year in Iraq, so I was willing to try something new. I may have to go in for a good chop to get all of the over-processed hair removed. I know that there are no products around that can repair over processed hair permanently beside scissors. I have noticed more rapid growth in the past few weeks and a lot more shine and moisture with her products. The one thing that pushed me over the edge and made me buy them was the "free samples" that she sent me with my horn comb. Once I tried it, I absolutely loved it.

[ QUOTE ]
soulchild said:
Angels, LOL if you know somebody, let her know.
laugh.gif

The thing with buying such expensive, new products, is people are naturally reluctant in the first place. So the manufacturer needs to make the consumer at ease (in every aspect) before they "take the plunge" That's just my take on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA! Based on product review alone I would love to try it (thanks Shana and others) but I have to feel that if things go wrong you'll still be there for me after you get my $300+. This lady sounds like she might be too touchy, arrogant, defensive...... about her products, knowledge, etc....It seems like she can get along with you as long as you don't get on her wrong side (which doesn't seem to take much). With an attitude like that it would be great if she would sent out samples of her products to people like me who are
crazy.gif
of doing business w/her.

If I knew for a fact her system of products worked with "My hair specifically" I would order without a moment of hesitation. That is of course after I've fulfill my "Product Challenge" obligations.
grin.gif

Hey Sassy, after you receive yours we must talk girl!
grin.gif

I called yesterday to get more information before taking the plunge, and the lady that I spoke with was very informative and seemed to know a lot about hair. She was; however very frank in manner.... which doesn't bother me. She explained how all of the products worked and told me that I could start with the "Better than Nothing Duo" and get the magicpack later on. Based on my conversation yesterday and from some other peoples testimonies (Shana, Balleryna, etc.) I'm pretty much sold.

Her frankness doesn't bother me at all. She is not pushy, she just acts like someone who knows her business. She is aggressive, but kind at the same time. I am sticking with her.

I think she also markets herself as selling products that aren't for everybody. They will work for everyone... but they aren't for every one. She says as much in one of her FAQ... Maybe she thinks if you're willing to go through that web of a website... you're really interested and more likely to stick to the program and get good results. You're also someone who believes in her product and are willing lay down half a months salary for a few months worth of products. I dunno... I read through the whole site and its clear to me that she believes her products are the best and will work for you, but the attitude you ladies are describing is definitely evident.

Who comes to her shop?

"So... what kind of society comes here?

...everyone from doctor lawyers to Indian chiefs....

generally intelligent folk somewhat intellectuals who read, that means you, because you have gotten this far without the aid or the need of pictures!!!!!!! (it's all about you, not someone elses hair... come see the super gallery at the shop, call first;-)
"

I think that sums it up.
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
At those prices I would like to make an informed decision before purchasing. Please list the ingredients. TIA!

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I know that this is gonna sound odd...but she doesn't list her ingredisents. I know for sure that she does not use any sodium lauryl sulfates or petrolatum or alcohol in any of her products. She uses all organic stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]
Shana Are you saying that the ingredients aren’t listed on the products themselves or that she just isn't publishing the ingredients on her website?

She does not list them on the bottles either. I know that that doesn't sound good. I like to know what the ingredients are myself. They all smell very good too.

Thanks Shana
kiss.gif
I didn’t want to jump the gun but that ain’t right. I want to know what I'm buying too. I knew something was wrong with that
nono.gif
so I did a little research
user.gif
. I think I’ll ask her for the ingredients nicely before I hit her over the head with the following from the FDA website : (It's long but in a nutshell if you're selling products for cosmetic use in the US you must list the ingredients.

[ QUOTE ]
COSMETIC LABELING
Under the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FD&C Act) and the Fair Packaging and Labeling Act (FPLA), certain information must appear on the labels of cosmetic products.
All cosmetics, whether they are sold on a retail basis to consumers or marketed exclusively for salon or workplace use, are subject to the FD&C Act. This law and regulations enacted under its authority require the cosmetic label to state the name and place of business of the manufacturer, packer or distributor; an accurate statement of the quantity of contents; and any appropriate directions for safe use and/or warning statements. This information must comply with additional regulatory requirements. It must be prominent and appear in the proper location on the label.
Regulations enacted under the FPLA require ingredients to be listed on the labels of cosmetics sold on a retail basis to consumers -- even if the label states "For professional use only." Consumers can use the ingredient declaration to identify ingredients they wish to avoid. Ingredients are listed in descending order of predominance, that is, with the ingredient present in the greatest amount listed at the beginning and those present in the smallest amounts listed at the end.
Cosmetics produced or distributed for retail sale to consumers for their personal care are required to bear an ingredient declaration (21 CFR 701.3). Cosmetics not customarily distributed for retail sale, e.g., hair preparations or make-up products used by professionals on customers at their establishments and skin cleansing or emollient creams used by persons at their places of work, are exempt from this requirement provided these products are not also sold to consumers at professional establishments or workplaces for their consumption at home.
The ingredient declaration must be conspicuous so that it is likely to be read at the time of purchase. It may appear on any information panel of the package, i.e., the folding carton, box wrapping if the immediate container is so packaged, and may also appear on a firmly affixed tag, tape or card. The letters must not be less than 1/16 of an inch in height (21 CFR 701.3 (b)). If the total package surface available to bear labeling is less than 12 square inches, the letters must not be less than 1/32 of an inch in height (21 CFR 701.3(p)). Off-package ingredient labeling is permitted if the cosmetic is held in tightly compartmented trays or racks, it is not enclosed in a folding carton, and the package surface area is less than 12 square inches (21 CFR 701.3(i)).
The ingredients must be declared in descending order of predominance. Color additives (21 CFR 701.3(f)(3)) and ingredients present at one percent or less (21 CFR 701.3(f)(2)) may be declared without regard for predominance. The ingredients must be identified by the names established or adopted by regulation (21 CFR 701.3(c)); those accepted by the FDA as exempt from public disclosure may be stated as "and other ingredients" (21 CFR 701.3(a)).
Cosmetics which are also drugs must first identify the drug ingredient(s) as "active ingredient(s)" before listing the cosmetic ingredients (21 CFR 701.3(d)).
All label statements required by regulation must be in the English language and must be placed on the label or labeling with such prominence and conspicuousness that they are readily noticed and understood by consumers under customary conditions of purchase (21 CFR 701.2).

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't this is a Canadian business. I don't know how that will complicate things. It may make her stop selling to people in the US rather than list her ingredients.

I spoke with LML again today, and this time I was on the phone with her for about 40 minutes.... I really enjoyed talking to her.... she knows so much about hair and she's really environmentally conscious (just like me
smile.gif
! She gave me sooo much advice on handling my hair, as well as some beneficial information on supplementation.... I love this woman
kiss.gif
This afternoon, I ordered my BTN duo.... can't wait for it to arrive. She also said that she was going to send me some free samples.... yeaaaa
dance7.gif

Girl,
I am glad that you enjoyed talking to LML. I like her alot. I was going to chop all of my hair off and she said "NO". We can work with it. I described the condition that it was in, and she told me how to use the products so that we can strengthen it. I talk with her for about an hour a week. You can set up phone appointments with her as well.

This is a Canadian business. I am not mad about not knowing the ingredients. I choose to buy this stuff without it being labeled with ingredients because I fell in love with the samples. I want to be able to buy this stuff and have it sent to the USA. Heck, I live in Germany and good hair care products are so hard to come by over here. So, please, please...let it be.

[ QUOTE ]
angelsanrainbows said:
Soulchild I agree with you.
up.gif
I going to give her a call and try out a few items... She should invest in a web designer fo' sho'
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the issue! She doesn't think anything is wrong with the website. That is THE most confusing, garbled site I have EVER seen. The redundancy is surreal! What a waste of space. The same could be accomplished in a much simpler way, and I would have ordered something too.
swearing.gif

I am sooo glad that there are people out there that actually uses LML, I've seen her and have been interested in her products but was kinda scurred! Thanks for the tip and the pricing info, I have extreme 4a hair too and I think that once you break it down $350 might not be so bad if the products are good. But if I do order it you betta believe my moma ain't gonna find out about it! I'm a broke student too! LOL!
laugh.gif

by the way could you do this system with braids in your hair?

Back