Love me some FHI Hot Sauce

Andy1979

OK, so I used to be able to get my hair silky straight when I was transitioning, but ever since I went completely natural, I just have not been able to get the same results. I got way better result when I bought an FHI iron, but it still wasn't the same.....well, I followed the advice of the following youtube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXFgoTT1mU8) I even bought the FHI Hot Sauce, and WOW!!!. I included a pic below, but let me tell you...it is so bouncy and soft and silky. I LOVE IT!!!! WoooooHOOOOOOOOOO....Just wanted to share my joy :grin:
BTW, the pic in my siggy is w/o the hot sauce.

Attachments

• fhi.jpg
    fhi.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 140

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Your hair looks gorgeous! What a big difference between your hair with and without Hot Sauce! What did you have in your hair in your siggy?

I just used Hot Sauce the other day (with my FHI :love2: ) and my hair had NEVER been so incredibly smooth and soft. I couldn't stop feeling my hair-it was just SOOOO smooth! No other serum (including CHI SI) gave me such fantabulous results. I'm gonna use up my CHI SI on dh and hog the Hot Sauce all to myself :lol:

Andy1979

Tiffers,
I actualy didn't put anything in my hair in my siggy. I just washed conditioned, blow dried, and flat ironed. I remembered from my relaxed days that I never put a heat protectant or anything in my head because it would take away my "SWANG" :), but now I see my natural hair is totally different.
Glad you love the hot sauce too...I hadn't heard much about it on this board, but after researching review on folica (and after biosilk did nothing for me) I decided to try this.

soulie

Ingredients:

Water, cetearyl alcohol, amodimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Dimethicone, Incroquat Behenyl, TMS, Shea Butter, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Cetrimonium Chloride, Silk Amino Acids, Algae Extract, Tetrasodium EDTA, Rosemary Extract, Witch Hazel Extract, Hydrozypropyl Guar, Jojoba Esters, DM Dm Hydantoin, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Contains Crystalized Jojoba.

Andy1979

Ingredients:

Water, cetearyl alcohol, amodimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Dimethicone, Incroquat Behenyl, TMS, Shea Butter, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Cetrimonium Chloride, Silk Amino Acids, Algae Extract, Tetrasodium EDTA, Rosemary Extract, Witch Hazel Extract, Hydrozypropyl Guar, Jojoba Esters, DM Dm Hydantoin, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Contains Crystalized Jojoba.

OK, here is the weird thing...the above is what is stated on the folica web site, but the ingredients are different on the actual bottle...here is what was printed on the back of my bottle:

Water, glycerin, Stearalkonium Chloride, Jojoba oil, Shea Butter, Behnyl Trimonium Methosulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Oleth 10, cetearyl alcohol, Jojoba Esters, Phynoxyethanol and Ethylhexylglycerin, , Polyquaternium 47, Lanolin OIl, Cetrimonium Chloride, Caster Oil, Silk Amino Acids, Algae Extract, Witch Hazel Extract, Dimethicone, amodimethicone, hydroxyethylcellulose, Benzophenone-4, Fragrance, D&C Red #33 Contains Crystalized Jojoba.

Isn't that strange...I called FHI before I put in my head and what's weirder is that I had the lady find a bottle and read the ingredients to me and they were in a different order than what was on my bottle and didn't match the folica web site list either. I hesistated, but she did not know why that would be and assured me that folica is an authorized retailer.

If anyone else has a bottle, I would be interested in what your bottle lists as the ingredients.

soulie

Ingredients on my bottle are the same as your bottle - different from Folica's list. :perplexed:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Andy, my bottle lists the same ingredients as yours. I wonder why folica has a whole other list. Maybe FHI changed the formula a while ago, but folica hasn't updated the list :confused:

Either way, it's bomb, and I can't be without it!!! :D

Andy1979

Thanks Tiffers! I just wanted to make sure I got the right stuff (not that it matters, cause like you said this stuff is the bomb)

When I called FHI, they said they don't change their formula often, but who knows.

Anyway, I just wanted to post the actual ingredients for those that are ordering from folica.com

HHG!!

tottzu

Sounds like they have changed the ingredients. The ingredients on my bottle matches the one you said is listed on folica. I have an old unopened bottle puchased in April 2007.

nakialovesshoes

OK, so I used to be able to get my hair silky straight when I was transitioning, but ever since I went completely natural, I just have not been able to get the same results. I got way better result when I bought an FHI iron, but it still wasn't the same.....well, I followed the advice of the following youtube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXFgoTT1mU8) I even bought the FHI Hot Sauce, and WOW!!!. I included a pic below, but let me tell you...it is so bouncy and soft and silky. I LOVE IT!!!! WoooooHOOOOOOOOOO....Just wanted to share my joy :grin:
BTW, the pic in my siggy is w/o the hot sauce.

Ur hair looks nice. The female from YouTube straightens my hair 4 me. She's nice & has a good technique. Plus she only charges $30.

Andy1979

Ur hair looks nice. The female from YouTube straightens my hair 4 me. She's nice & has a good technique. Plus she only charges $30.

You are so lucky!!! Well, tell her I soooooooo appreciate the video. I would have never perfected straightening my natural hair without her.

(I would leave a youtube comment but I'm too lazy to set up an account :)

Cien

Pink is my signature color
Your hair looks great!!

I still have my unopened sample packet of Hot Sauce that came with my FHI when I purchased it in 2006.

I wonder if it's still good.....:perplexed

I'll try it soon!

chebaby

wow. this may be my answer. i use my FHI once a week and i think i need to by this stuff. thanx.

mikosbelle

I found the FHI Hot Sauce at the Trade Secret store locally. I also need to check ULTA and see if they carry it. I have a bottle and am waiting on my Runway in the mail so I can use it.

Andy1979

I found the FHI Hot Sauce at the Trade Secret store locally. I also need to check ULTA and see if they carry it. I have a bottle and am waiting on my Runway in the mail so I can use it.

Seriously!? OK, I'm going to Trade Secret tomorrow...I did not know they sold it there.

Thanks for the tip!!

mikosbelle

Seriously!? OK, I'm going to Trade Secret tomorrow...I did not know they sold it there.

Thanks for the tip!!

Yeah they retail the lesser priced models of the FHI flat irons and I noticed they had a few bottles of Hot Sauce hidden on one of the lower racks, I really had to look to find it...the sales associate did not even know what it was...go figure.

pink gator

Cosigning!

I love it, plus it gives really good moisture and swing.

I see that it works really nice with natural hair! Wow!