Loving my healthy natural hair...(long)

Deniece

Natural Beauty
This is the first time I have ever started a thread. Just thought I'd share for my natural ladies who are going through it.

I have been a member of LHCF for about a year now. When I first found this site, I was like ok..let me try all these different products and techniques. I have always been natural. But I never actually knew how to take care of my hair. I would wash it blow dry it press it then flat iron it and it still wouldn't stay straight all week. Then I kept it braided up and weaved up but hadn't been keepin it moisturized while up, that still wasn't working cause I missed my hair, I wanted to be able to have my hands in it daily. But I wasn't happy w/ my hair....not happy w/ the length or my edges which were thin do to all the dang damage I was doing, and it was just so dry.

So after LHCF..first I started doing conditioner washes, but I was pulling my hair back in a ponytail every day then putting a phony pony on and usually had a scarf or headband...how about breakage on the edges which are already thin. Ok......

All this time I'm still trying to find the right products....enter natural products vendors, after trying Carol's daughter, My honeychild, Asha's, Qhemet, and Oyin. I finally found my moisture products. Oyin Whipped Pudding (love it)..Oyin Greg Juice & shine & define. Now I still am trying to find the right shampoo & conditioner...but I deep condition weekly.

Once I learned how to flat twist it was on and popping. Before that I had just been doing two-strand twists then pull those back into pony and put on a phony to reduce breakage on edges. But once I learned how to flat twist it opened many avenues for hairstyles for me. I love to do my hair, because out of everyone who has ever done my hair, my mom and myself are the only ones that made it look & feel healthy. I now take care of my hair the way my Mom used to when I was little, but even better because I know what products to use in my hair and I'm sure back then my mom just greased me up...lol

Now I use no heat at all except for 1- 15 mins for deep condition and 5 mins when I roller set. (hooded dryer).

I am falling more and more in love w/ my hair every day. I never never knew what my hair could do if I ljust let it be my hair rather than trying to fry, dye and kill it to make it something else. My hair is so soft it is ridicolous.

I now style my mom's hair every 2 weeks w/ no heat, she is in love, her hair is starting to get thicker.

Oh sorry I am a natural 4a hair length 5 -8 inches all over varying lengths/
The first thing I noticed w/ my regimen is that my hair got softer, then easier to detangle, then thicker, then shinier, really healthy looking, now it's starting to grow. The elasticity in my hair is ridiculous...it is so strong.

Regimen:
Shampoo hair
Deep condition overnight w/ showercap or for 1 hour w/ 15 min heat(hooded dryer)
Rinse and section hair 3-5 sections
appy leave in conditioner and hair oil (lightly on ends) and comb thru each section w/ jilbere shower comb
Flat twist w/ moulding creme into style
Remaining hair two-strand twist with Oyin whipped pudding ...sometimes I put rollers in
Tie up w/ scarf
Undo twists next day and voila or put on a phony pony
Time = 4-5 hours...yes but it's worth it..and lasts all week...
Daily= Spritz w/ greg juice, retwist hair at night untwist in am...so easy ..so cute.....

My hair is loving me for it!

L

lkg4healthyhair

All this time I'm still trying to find the right products....enter natural products vendors, after trying Carol's daughter, My honeychild, Asha's, Qhemet, and Oyin. I finally found my moisture products. Oyin Whipped Pudding (love it)..Oyin Greg Juice & shine & define. Now I still am trying to find the right shampoo & conditioner...but I deep condition weekly.

I am glad have found what works for your hair.

The Oyin products you mentioned are EXCELLENT. I use the whipped pudding over MTG for the smell.

I am not natural but they work for me.

weaveadiva

Deniece said:
I am falling more and more in love w/ my hair every day. I never never knew what my hair could do if I ljust let it be my hair rather than trying to fry, dye and kill it to make it something else. My hair is so soft it is ridicolous.

i think this is the key...it's amazing what hair can do when you just leave it alone! ;)

anyway, i'm glad you're finally starting to enjoy your hair :D