Low Phony Pony?

beebstt

Where can I get a low phony pony that looks like a real pony tail (not too thick or dense) and that is suitable for natural to texlaxed hair, so not quite straight?

By low, I mean a phony pony you can use when you ponytail your hair essentially near to your nape and not at the center of you head.

SelfStyled

For that I would use a Mane Clip, you can order here www.maneclip.com
I like this clip because you can buy the hair that best matches your hair. This picture is not low, but I alternate between the two positions. I actutally wore it in a low pony today.

Last edited:

beebstt

I like this clip because you can buy the hair that best matches your hair. This picture is not low, but I alternate between the two positions. I actutally wore it in a low pony today.

that looks very natural on you!

LovinLocks

I'm seconding The Mane Clip. I loved mine. Now if only I could find hair to match my grey/silver locks I'd sport one in a heart beat.

Dposh167

i make a nape wig.
lol. i just made it up.

its basically the same technique as making your own wig with a mesh cap. But i'm only using 2 or 3 wefts of hair and sewing it to the nape part of the mesh cap. Then i cut it, add clips, and put it on the nape of my head. the crown and sides of my own hair are exposed, so i can pull back into a ponytail.

eventually i'll take some pics

BadMamaJama

I'm loving that pony!

marieesco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snrl8SpXCRs

I JUST found this video last night because I was looking for a cheaper, quicker way to do phony ponytails for my relaxed hair....

And this was actually interesting... using braiding hair and pinning it to the middle of my head and just brushing my own hair over and it and into a pony tail.....

But this looks better with a messy/poofy look..

LaidBak

I ordred a Mane Clip last night. I'm just hoping its not too big (wide). In the video they used so much hair! I want a less bulky, more natural looking ponytail.