Low Porosity: Success with Chemicals?

Junebug D

I imagine there's probably no one here who fits the bill, but it's worth a try.

Anyone here who suffers from low porosity have any success with chemicals? Relax, texlax, dye? My strand floats indefinitely in the strand test, and my hair is almost always dry. Wouldn't the chemical break down or open up the cuticle, letting moisture in more readily? I'm thinking if you have low porosity to begin with (on virgin natural hair), maybe the chemicals won't affect your hair to the point where it gets ugly? Maybe it'll just leave you with hair that can finally be moisturized? Anyone have this experience? Thoughts?

SelfStyled

I have low porosity. My hair is very resistant to relaxers- achieving bone straight hair for me is impossible. My hair is texlaxed. Those of us with low porosity are lucky in one sense because as a rule we do not have to worry about chemical overprocessing. My hair does take to cellophanes.

What chemical processes are you considering....? You might find this link helpful if you haven't seen it already.....http://www.hairfinder.com/hairquestions/hairporosity.htm

Sascha

Stay at home Mommy
Sorry I do not have your answer shan_2001, but I have a question if you don't mind.

How do we do the strand test for porosity? I missed this info somehow, I am sure mine is low.

Junebug D

Thanks for the responses. I'm not seriously considering any chemical processes right now, I was just curious if anyone had this experience. I was thinking about getting some color, but only if it has a real benefit for my hair. :ohwell: