Lust, Humecto, Kenra M/C and Masqueintense

MissB

Hello Everyone,

I purchased a sample of Lust from Sally's. It works well but I have to use 2-3 times more product than with the Keracare Humecto. I will probably use the LUST as a backup. However, I was wondering if anyone has a favorite with the four products and why? I am considering either the Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner or the Kerastase Masqueintense...I like the Elucence Moisture Balance as a leave in only. I am trying to build up a staple of products. Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,

MissB

inthepink

I love the Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner but I haven't yet tried to others so I am not sure how it is in comparison to them. Today, I was running out of it and I thought I didn't have enough for all of my hair but I actually did...so maybe you don't need all that much. Good luck with making a decision!

Allandra

Of the four that you listed, I've tried LUST and KeraCare Humecto. I like LUST the best because it gives me the greatest slip.

I didn't like Humecto. Not as moisturizing on me at all. Gave it away.

Macquintense is good. It volumizes as well as moisturizing very well. Costs a small fortune though which makes it less practical for long term use.

LUST is my favourite. Never had anything leave the hair so slippery and silky before and it works fast.

Never tried Kenra.

ThursdayGirl

Keracare Humecto works well for me. My hair hated LUST... Masqueintense was nice though... my hair was soooooo soft.

I was talking with my hairdresser about professional products versus the others. (He uses the pro products exclusively) He was saying that there are a lot of good products out there for consumers...but the pro products are a lot more concentrated... so you don't have to use as much product and you often get a better result. I think this is true... I notice my Humecto does a MUCH better job than most of the other stuff I have bought that wasn't "professional".

MissB

Hairlove,

Thanks for your response. I saw the Kenra at Trade Secrets the other day but I forced myself out of the store. I will probably go back and purchase a small bottle.

Thanks,

MissB

MissB

Allandra,

I purchased the LUST at your recommendation. I noticed that you don't promote a product unless it's really good! I also purchased a sample of the L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture Nurturing Cream. I will give this one a try in a couple of weeks a post my results.

Thanks for your response!

MissB

MissB

Brownrelaxedhair,

I would like to thank you for responding also. I saw the Masqueintense for 25% off recently at a spa and salon and it was still a small fortune. I will treat myself one day. Sorry, that you didn't care for the Humecto.

MissB

MissB

ThursdayGirl,

Thanks for replying! I understand what you are saying about professional products. My stylist uses a dime size amount of Humecto and it actually works.

Thanks again,

MissB

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I have tried all of the above except for the Masquintense. (I actually have some of course, but haven't used it)

My favorite of the 3 I've tried would be the Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner...probably worth it's weight in gold!

It is said that the L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture is a product twin to the Keratase Masquintense if you'd like to try a version of it without spending the small fortune.

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra,

I purchased the LUST at your recommendation. I noticed that you don't promote a product unless it's really good! I also purchased a sample of the L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture Nurturing Cream. I will give this one a try in a couple of weeks a post my results.

Thanks for your response!

MissB

[/ QUOTE ]
You're welcome.

northernbelle

I am a regulat user of the Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo and the Moisturizing Conditioner. I have been using both products since August 2003 and I really like the way they perform on my hair. In fact, I am able to comb out just after the conditioning treatment *without* having to use a leave in conditioner. I have fine hair, but a lot of it!

northernbelle

Nyambura

surfer girl
I've never tried Humecto or Kenra M/C but between LUST and Masquintense, I'd choose Masquintense, hands down (even though both are made by L'Oreal).

LABETT

I have tried all except kendra and hair responds better to
LUST gives my hair the greatest slip.